Indy 5 news 2012

Grizzlor

I wouldn't ignore the Paramount vs. Disney angle, but it can be made for sure. With Lucas AND Spielberg kind of divested though? I don't see it happening now. I doubt Harrison would do it without them.

Reboot? Again I think that is tough. I think the character is far too ingrained with Harrison, and he's a multi-faceted character, not as hollow as say a James Bond.

Dr. Gonzo

Yup Indiana Jones is definitely on the back burner.
I keep tellin' you folks it's over!

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:856181/cp~id%3D1697245%26vid%3D856181%26instance%3Dmtv%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A856181" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Get More:
<a href="http://www.mtv.com/movies/trailer_park/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movie Trailers</a>, <a href="http://moviesblog.mtv.com/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movies Blog</a></p></div></div>

Stoo

CinemaBlend.com said:
...but slightly disappointing to learn that Lucasfilm's other big franchise-- Indiana Jones-- wasn't part of the deal. Paramount still has the rights to that franchise,
Poor journalism strikes again.(n) Paramount DOES NOT own the rights to the Indiana Jones "franchise"!:rolleyes:
CinemaBlend.com said:
That's pretty much the definition of non-news right there,
That is correct.
Dr. Gonzo said:
I keep tellin' you folks it's over!
Indeed. As Henry Sr. said to his son: "Let it go."

Grizzlor

Frank simply confirmed what I said. Nothing has changed. That film starts with George Lucas, if he can't figure out a starting point, it will never happen. That said, Lucas is not writing or directing or even producing Star Wars, so he is not going to have his time consumed like during the Prequels. He has time to come up with an I5 story, I just don't think he feels like it.

2012 - the year that Indy 5 was killed and Mitt Romney didn't become President.

Life is sometimes so sweet you can practically taste it.

Rivers

Apparently Kathleen Kennedy has told Lucasfilm employees that she to do wants 2-3 films a year. If this isnt a misquote, This might be good news for Indiana Jones 5.

Olliana

1. You can edit your posts.

2. That doesn't mean anything for Indy V imo. As long as Lucas can't come up with a good story, there won't be any more (Harrison) Indy on the big screen. Simple as that.

Mickiana

Olliana said:
As long as Lucas can't come up with a good story, there won't be any more (Harrison) Indy on the big screen. Simple as that.

Will Disney still rely on GL to come up with the story lines? How is that? Doesn't it belong to Disney now?:confused:

WilliamBoyd8

post_lafayettegopher.jpg

Tell Mr. Lucas that I am ready for my close-up.

:)

Kernunnos

Túrin Turambar said:
Its a shame i wanted Harrisons last Indy to be a classic like crusade or raiders.(n)

We'll never get another Raiders, but don't give up hope of a really good last instalment just yet.

Crystal Skull currently ties with Crusade in 2nd place for me. Both movies could/should have been a lot better, but have so much to love about them.

If I was a Disney executive, I'd be an absolute bloody mug if I wasn't wanting to add a fitting fifth and final movie to the franchise.

Indy's brother

Kernunnos said:
If I was a Disney executive, I'd be an absolute bloody mug if I wasn't wanting to add a fitting fifth and final movie to the franchise.

I wish you worked for Disney. Without a 5th, KOTCS will be forever the oddball in the series. A 5th would separate the OT from the new, er, older Indy. Kotcs would sit better with a 5th. Not to mention we would have a 5th. I could let it go at 5. The way it sits now is pretty unacceptable, IMHO.

Henry W Jones

Indy's brother said:
I wish you worked for Disney. Without a 5th, KOTCS will be forever the oddball in the series. A 5th would separate the OT from the new, er, older Indy. Kotcs would sit better with a 5th. Not to mention we would have a 5th. I could let it go at 5. The way it sits now is pretty unacceptable, IMHO.

How do you figure another movie would separate anything? They are all part of the same series. Not even a different generation of characters. It's Indiana Jones not Star Wars. There is no original trilogy. They are not a continuing story. They are separate adventures already and if anything a quadology. Another movie will just be that, another movie. And what if a fifth is worse than the forth? What will you do then? The series is a four part thing no matter how much you dislike KOTCS. :hat: