Star Wars echoes in Indy.

DarthLowBudget

I was watching Raiders and Temple of Doom yesterday, and noticed some interesting Star Wars echoes.

Obviously there is "Club Obi-Wan" in TOD, but I also noticed in Raiders a line about how Marion would talk if she was "properly motivated" echoing the torture scene in ANH, and then a subtle similarity to ESB when the Nazi's throw Marion into the pit that seems like all of the "that wasn't part of the deal", "the deal has been altered" bits between Vader and Lando.

Anybody notice any other echoes of Lucas' other trilogy in the Indy series?

oki9Sedo

DarthLowBudget said:
I was watching Raiders and Temple of Doom yesterday, and noticed some interesting Star Wars echoes.

Obviously there is "Club Obi-Wan" in TOD, but I also noticed in Raiders a line about how Marion would talk if she was "properly motivated" echoing the torture scene in ANH, and then a subtle similarity to ESB when the Nazi's throw Marion into the pit that seems like all of the "that wasn't part of the deal", "the deal has been altered" bits between Vader and Lando.

Anybody notice any other echoes of Lucas' other trilogy in the Indy series?

Harrison Ford.

oki9Sedo

roundshort said:
Didn't George Lucas have someting to do with Star Wars also?

Yeah, I think he helped with the script. That film amounted to somewhat of a success, or so I'm told.

Han Solo says trust me to Leia in Empire just like in Raiders. Also the moment when Indy defeats the 2 swordsmen in Temple of Doom and then comes across a whole bunch of bad guys. That's just like in A New Hope when he comes face to face with all those storm troopers and then quickly gets the hell out of there.

Grinch

Wow, you guys are talking about a bunch of stuff I never noticed.

The two Star Wars references I've always noticed are as follows:

1) The room in Temple of Doom with the walls closing is like the garbage compactor in Star Wars, both with the prisoners inside calling for help.

2) The part in Temple of Doom where Indy runs up after facing the swordsmen and a whole mob of them come attacking him. Just like the bunker in Star Wars.

Grinch said:
2) The part in Temple of Doom where Indy runs up after facing the swordsmen and a whole mob of them come attacking him. Just like the bunker in Star Wars.

That's what I tried to articulate in my post above. I apologize for my poor English.

fedoraboy

I like the bit in Crusade when Henry calls Indy 'Junior',echoing that scene cut from Empire when Darth says to Luke 'Join the Dark Side, Junior'.