Thank you Indiana Jones

Kyle

Indiana Jones first opened my eyes to archaeology. As a child, it was all about finding lost cities and treasures, but as I grew older, I discovered that my passion for archaeology exceeded the imagination of a young child. I am currently in my second year of college and working on my degree in Anthropology with a focus on Archaeological Sciences. I was just wondering if Indy jump started anyone else's love for archaeology and if they have acted on it.

:hat:

DocWhiskey

Indy definitely made me more interested in history as a whole but not enough to make me pursue a career into it. I'm in my second year of college majoring in Media Arts and Animation and though many may think Indy can't influence you all that much in that area...you are wrong. Many of the characters, style, and shorts I've created/creating have a very "Indy" flair as far as pulp adventure goes. Indy really got me into the whole pulp style serials and storytelling and I used that classic way with my animation style.

Insomniac

The original movies made me fall in love with archeology and Young Indy Chronicles make me love history!

indyrocks1936

I've always liked history(mainly thanks to my dad) and Indiana Jones opened my eyes to archaeology. I hope to get a degree in archaeology, or if not, then as a history teacher. :D

Kyle

Teaching would be nice, but I know that I really want to be out there in the field getting my hands dirty.

Goonie

Kyle said:
Indiana Jones first opened my eyes to archaeology. As a child, it was all about finding lost cities and treasures, but as I grew older, I discovered that my passion for archaeology exceeded the imagination of a young child. I am currently in my second year of college and working on my degree in Anthropology with a focus on Archaeological Sciences. I was just wondering if Indy jump started anyone else's love for archaeology and if they have acted on it.

That's great, but, um, good luck on finding work after. :hat:

Where you from Goonie? Just wondering as that sounds like the remark of many an Irish Archaeologist?

Indiana Jones probably fed my love of archaeology like tinder to a fire. There are stories from baby sitters that as a 4 year old I'd wander down from bed looking for books on Ancient Egypt with furious dynastic questions keeping me awake. Indy has probably fueled my love of adventure more then anything else.

I did an animation course. It wasn't doing anything for me. Except proving an inspiration for loathing. Watching 'Tresure of the peacocks eye' of all things proved to be something of an epiphany, Malinovski's advice to Indy struck a chord and made me look at my life and see that I was wasting my time following a path I didn't enjoy so off I went back to school to qualify for a 3 year degree in Archaeology and History. After that I worked as an Archaeologist for a year, but even before that, Indy has given me the kick I'd needed to head all over the world, try my hand at so many languages, and truly believe myself capable of anything.

I still love archaeology. At the moment me and a buddy are planning an exhibition into the Northern Peruvian Amazon to find a lost Chachapoyan city. Thats whats keeping my Archaeology brain busy. I'm trying to be an actor in London at the moment. Another thing I've always wanted to do. So I'm doing it. But I'll always be an archaeologist and an adventurer, thanks to Indiana Jones.

DocWhiskey

Jeremiah Jones said:
At the moment me and a buddy are planning an exhibition into the Northern Peruvian Amazon to find a lost Chachapoyan city.

Now that's a hell of an answer.(y)

Saber79

I always had a love of history and anything ancient, thanks to my Dad who was also interested in the same things. But Indy helped with a growing passion of learning about archaeological myths, legends and mysteries. Its my hobby really to read anything about archaeology and even the books related to the occult or ancient beliefs and myths. Stuff just really pumps up the blood for excitement (even the text-book like scholar editions)

In college I studied as a minor art history and archaeology and loved every minute of it. Now I work as a professional graphic designer/web designer and every once in awhile I'll sneak in the SF Fedora and titles fonts :D

Morning Bell

Part of the reason I'm such a big Indy fan is because I've always loved history and archaeology. I think it's neat that, no matter what you're into, Indy can be a major influence and hero.:)

Ironclaw

I'm thinking of quitting my job and going back to school for archaeology. That may be mostly due to my knee-jerk reaction one day while I was sitting at my desk and thinking "I'm 26 and I already hate my job." I can't imagine going another 50+ years thinking that.

Kyle

Ironclaw said:
I'm thinking of quitting my job and going back to school for archaeology. That may be mostly due to my knee-jerk reaction one day while I was sitting at my desk and thinking "I'm 26 and I already hate my job." I can't imagine going another 50+ years thinking that.

Get out while you still can!