Indy's awesome man-purse-- Err, Satchel

Indyologist

I just LOVE Indy's satchel. I would really enjoy using it as a purse and sewing on an Indiana Jones patch or two. Any suggestions as to where I could get my hands on one? Could you post links to them, if possible? Thanks, guys. You're the best! :whip:

TheFirebird1

Indyologist said:
I just LOVE Indy's satchel. I would really enjoy using it as a purse and sewing on an Indiana Jones patch or two. Any suggestions as to where I could get my hands on one? Could you post links to them, if possible? Thanks, guys. You're the best! :whip:
There's a couple of options that you could pursue. The first is to purchase a replica MKVII gas mask bag, but depending on where you get it, it may be somewhat pricey (the link provided will round out to roughly $48 dollars).
Secondly, back in '08 Rubie's released an "Indiana Jones Messenger Bag". Definitely a lot cheaper (and surprisingly durable), but the quality of these always varies. They don't exactly match Indy's satchel, but I assume it's close enough.
Finally, you could seek out actual MKVII gas mask bags, but be warned. Many circulating on the Internet are in fragile condition and overpriced, and are definitely not suitable for daily use, but rather simply as collector's items. I would recommend that you bypass this entirely and either purchase the replica or the prop.