Items you'd love to own

Exulted Unicron

OK Indyfans. Here's a toughie for you all. What is that Holy Grail, so to speak, of your collection? What have you been wanting for so very long but can't own because of various reasons like:

Space
Rarity
Cost

16 M.M.Feature RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK-Cinemascope

eBay Australia: 16 M.M.Feature RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK-Cinemascope AU $400

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/16-M.M.Featu...temQQimsxZ20100320?IMSfp=TL100320128001r19704

Mint condition feature in Cinemascope with color a bit subdued. Sharp picture and sound with excellent contrast and bright picture.Complete with all titles and ending with no sprocket or other damage.Has very occasional light line of short duration.Stars harrison Ford as Indiana Jones in a spectacular action adventure feature.,which won many Oscars.

Well a better copy would REALLY be the Holy Grail.

inky_skin

Loose, complete Kenner Marion Ravenwood. Just can't justify those AFA-graded prices and I don't want her in a stupid perspex box :(

Montana Smith

inky_skin said:
Loose, complete Kenner Marion Ravenwood. Just can't justify those AFA-graded prices and I don't want her in a stupid perspex box :(

Yeah, figures need to displayed, not locked onto cards or in boxes. I gave up collecting mint packaged figures.

It's a bonus if the packaging is collector friendly though.

Thing's I'd like to own, but can't yet justify at current prices are the rest of the 1/6 Sideshow Indy figures (Toht, Belloq, Henry Sr. and KOTCS Indy - preferably with fridge!)

inky_skin

Montana Smith said:
Yeah, figures need to displayed, not locked onto cards or in boxes. I gave up collecting mint packaged figures.

It's a bonus if the packaging is collector friendly though.

Thing's I'd like to own, but can't yet justify at current prices are the rest of the 1/6 Sideshow Indy figures (Toht, Belloq, Henry Sr. and KOTCS Indy - preferably with fridge!)

I managed to get the exclusive editions of both Henry Sr and Henry Jr - but I wish I'd got in early on Toht and Belloq. I don't think either of those figures will ever decrease in price.

Montana Smith

inky_skin said:
I managed to get the exclusive editions of both Henry Sr and Henry Jr - but I wish I'd got in early on Toht and Belloq. I don't think either of those figures will ever decrease in price.

My hope is for a listing by a private Ebay seller, such as those that netted me Medicom Indy and Mutt. I can be patient as there's so much non-Indy stuff that I want as well. Too much to afford.

Goodeknight

Happily, I just got one of mine --

10-foot Terry Jacka whip from eBay. It is originally from Western Stage Props pre-Indy, so it's really a Terry Jacka bullwhip, not specifically a Jacka "Indy" whip. (Only minor differences between his bullwhips and his KOTCS whips.) Been wanting a top notch bullwhip for 20 years. Until this came yesterday, I have had a David Morgan stock whip (18" handle) for about 20 years. Loved it, but wanted the bullwhip. I had been looking for either a Morgan, Winrich, Jacka, or Strain (as a fourth choice). The Jacka is beautiful, and heavier than I expected. I'll post some pics once I take them.

Now I'm on the hunt for an affordable MK VII bag, W&G of course. The quest continues.

kongisking

Do people count? Because if they do, I'd love to own Amy Adams. I'd give her as many lead actress roles as possible.

DocWhiskey

goodeknight said:
Now I'm on the hunt for an affordable MK VII bag

Todd's costumes MK VII bag is only $45. And everyone says it's fantastic. I want to pick one up soon in the future.

As for items I'd love:

A loose Kenner Indiana Jones figure (I'm desperate)

A screen accurate fedora

More of the Hasbro ToD wave (only have Shorty)

Perhaps my trip to the C2E2 convention this week will provide....

indyclone25

DocWhiskey said:
Todd's costumes MK VII bag is only $45. And everyone says it's fantastic. I want to pick one up soon in the future.

As for items I'd love:

A loose Kenner Indiana Jones figure (I'm desperate)

A screen accurate fedora

More of the Hasbro ToD wave (only have Shorty)

Perhaps my trip to the C2E2 convention this week will provide....
hey doc , you cant go wrong with todds stuff the bag is a great price along with the strap. the uptowner hat from todds is also a very screen accurate hat along with the downtowner from todds , i have both and love them .

indyclone25

hmmm what i would want i guess the 80's indiana jones playsets - cause i have all the figures and the 12 inch kenner indy also, but if i had the money i would definelty want those raiders of the lost ark glasses they made , i know those are rare but i would love to have them.

I'm still looking to buy an original copy of Revenge of the Ancients. I haven't seen one on eBay in years, and the last time one came up I was on vacation was didn't know about it.

I'm actually looking to get rid of some of my stuff as I've never displayed it so what's the point of keeping it stored in a box forever?

Rhys135

These Japanese figures :-

page-8518.jpg

Saw the full set at London Film and Comic Con in 2008 but didn't pick them up as I wasn't a huge collector at the time, and I didn't want to 'dip' into my emergency travel money, just incase :rolleyes:

Despite them being poorly recived by the fans, I'd also like to own the Gentle Giant Holy Grail replica and Shortround bust. Never seen the Grail availabe to order on any UK sites, nor on eBay, and I for one really like the TOD bust, so I'd like to have Shorty to keep him company, but not at around £60-80!

Goodeknight

DocWhiskey said:

Thanks, Doc. I've heard good things about those bags. But I really want to get an authentic WWII bag. I've seen plenty on eBay, and have bid on a bunch, but they are just out of reach. I have the cash, but can't justify it to myself. I'll keep waiting and eventually find a deal.

ROB98374

goodeknight said:
Thanks, Doc. I've heard good things about those bags. But I really want to get an authentic WWII bag. I've seen plenty on eBay, and have bid on a bunch, but they are just out of reach. I have the cash, but can't justify it to myself. I'll keep waiting and eventually find a deal.

I bought an original MK VII bag at this place. Only $45
http://www.whatpriceglory.com/mkviibag.html

Billy Ray

I'd love to have the Toys McCoy Indy figure, but it's way too pricey. I'd also like to track down the Disney German Mechanic and German Soldier as those are the only two Disney Indy figures that I don't have. I'd also like a vintage Marion, as mine seems to have disappeared (pretty sure my brother took her).

Montana Smith

Billy Ray said:
I'd love to have the Toys McCoy Indy figure, but it's way too pricey. I'd also like to track down the Disney German Mechanic and German Soldier as those are the only two Disney Indy figures that I don't have. I'd also like a vintage Marion, as mine seems to have disappeared (pretty sure my brother took her).

I bought the set loose just to get the Ark Crate and the Mechanic, who is big and menacing up against Hasbro Indy. The crate is nice with its movie accurate printing.

The rest of the set is languishing in a box.

A photo of Toys McCoy Indy was the image that got me interested in quality 1/6 figures years ago. It told me that 12" figures had improved immensely, and I began a collection of Dragon military figures. Then Sideshow went and brought out their Indy, and now I'm back into this scale again. So, I have to blame Indy for everything!

Billy Ray

I actually got the Disney figures the VERY first day they had them at Disneyland, just by a stroke of luck! We drove out there from TX and I was super stoked about getting them. We had three day passes and the first day I went directly to the Indy shop and they didn't have them and said they hadn't gotten them in yet. I was sooo dissapointed. We went back the next day and they still didn't have them. We took a break from Disneyland our third day there and went to Knotts Berry Farm. Then on our fourth day we went back to Disneyland and, lo and behold, they had just gotten them in that day! If we hadn't gone to KBF on the third day, I never would have gotten them. The only downside was that they didn't have the Mechanic or German soldier.

I know these figures aren't the greatest and have been rendered pretty much obsolete by Hasbro's, but I still have a soft spot in my heart for them. Maybe some day I will try to hunt those other two down.