TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Collecting Indy
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-25-2008, 07:01 PM   #26
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Well I don't wear costumes either, If I bought an Indy Jacket and payed alot for a Wested it'd be to wear a nice leather Jakcet. Indy's jacket isn't special its a regular old leather flight jacket. Im a pilot I see other Pilot's wearing them all the time, and they don't neccassarily like Indy.

W/ Steve, Steve decided years ago the other Indy hat options sucked and made his own. Eventually that led to him making the hats for Crystal Skull that was my point there. If he hadn't stepped up and said this DP is not good enough, Indy may not have looked as good in the new trailer.

And like I said Im not going to lie to the kid.

If he wears that Jacket people will make fun of him plain and simple. Not me.
I'd be like "oh an Indy fan, cool"

For example a few weeks back I was in a bar in Philly and saw this kid w/ an airbrushed hoodie, that had the spiderman costume design on it. It was actually pretty damn cool and I knew he like Spidey so I sat down at the bar and commented I liked it, asked if he made it himself.

Then I overheard a table of 3 girls making fun of the shirt.

Does that affect me, no. Did it affect him, I don't know, for all I know he may have killed himself tho I doubt it.

My point very simply is If you didn't want negative feedback from some, don't post your Jacket. And If you can't handle the negative comments then defiantely don't wear it out, bcuz you aren't just going to make people happy, there will always be people who don't like it. And as long as you know that and don't care it's all good.

Like I said I never once made fun of him for buying it, I made fun of the people who came up w/ it to begin with.

And I don't know where your getting this idea that i'm saying hes less a fan for not buying that Jacket, I just wanted to make sure he knew the differance, because when you say the pockets are the same, your wrong, plain and simple.

Also go watch the History Channel, listen to NASA enginners who'll tell you they made something on the space shuttle look a certain way because Star Wars or Star Trek was big when they were a kid, and they wanted to make it look like something from the movie. Is that wrong too?

Last edited by Deckard : 03-25-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:10 PM   #27
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
Ok i could see if it was a jacket from the swapmeet but its not...... its 100 percent leather and from LucasFilms themselfs



im 16 almost 17 years old im a junior in high school and not one person has said anything bad about the jacket the worst i heard was awsome jacket but i dont really like indiana jones



And hell i wear a Cobra Kai hoodie sometimes and one person said something i diddnt have a problem saying anything back wow someone doesnt like what im wearing im gonna be sad now......


this section is called COLLECTING INDY is it not? If i was saying it was screen accurate wouldnt i post it under INDY GEAR AND PROPS? Exactly this is an Indiana Jones collectable and thats why i was posted it, and you know im Damn proud to be an Indy fan and if people have a problem with that than well **** um
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:13 PM   #28
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
Ok i could see if it was a jacket from the swapmeet but its not...... its 100 percent leather and from LucasFilms themselfs



im 16 almost 17 years old im a junior in high school and not one person has said anything bad about the jacket the worst i heard was awsome jacket but i dont really like indiana jones



And hell i wear a Cobra Kai hoodie sometimes and one person said something i diddnt have a problem saying anything back wow someone doesnt like what im wearing im gonna be sad now......


this section is called COLLECTING INDY is it not? If i was saying it was screen accurate wouldnt i post it under INDY GEAR AND PROPS? Exactly this is an Indiana Jones collectable and thats why i was posted it, and you know im Damn proud to be an Indy fan and if people have a problem with that than well **** um


Ok, did you read my post? No really did you? I said pretty clearly MORE THEN ONCE I have no problem w/ you buying that Jacket nor did I question how big a fan you are, I said eventually someone is going to make fun of you, Im 21 and realistic, and the sad truth is eventually theres a good chance someone will laugh at you.

I ALSO SAID YOU KNOW THAT AND ARE FINE WITH IT SO ITS ALL GOOD FOR YOU. OK? I capped that because I'd rather not type it a 4th time.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:14 PM   #29
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
Well I don't wear costumes either, If I bought an Indy Jacket and payed alot for a Wested it'd be to wear a nice leather Jakcet. Indy's jacket isn't special its a regular old leather flight jacket. Im a pilot I see other Pilot's wearing them all the time, and they don't neccassarily like Indy.

W/ Steve, Steve decided years ago the other Indy hat options sucked and made his own. Eventually that led to him making the hats for Crystal Skull that was my point there. If he hadn't stepped up and said this DP is not good enough, Indy may not have looked as good in the new trailer.

And like I said Im not going to lie to the kid.

If he wears that Jacket people will make fun of him plain and simple. Not me.
I'd be like "oh an Indy fan, cool"

For example a few weeks back I was in a bar in Philly and saw this kid w/ an airbrushed hoodie, that had the spiderman costume design on it. It was actually pretty damn cool and I knew he like Spidey so I sat down at the bar and commented I liked it, asked if he made it himself.

Then I overheard a table of 3 girls making fun of the shirt.

Does that affect me, no. Did it affect him, I don't know, for all I know he may have killed himself tho I doubt it.

My point very simply is If you didn't want negative feedback from some, don't post your Jacket. And If you can't handle the negative comments then defiantely don't wear it out, bcuz you aren't just going to make people happy, there will always be people who don't like it. And as long as you know that and don't care it's all good.

Like I said I never once made fun of him for buying it, I made fun of the people who came up w/ it to begin with.

And I don't know where your getting this idea that i'm saying hes less a fan for not buying that Jacket, I just wanted to make sure he knew the differance, because when you say the pockets are the same, your wrong, plain and simple.

Also go watch the History Channel, listen to NASA enginners who'll tell you they made something on the space shuttle look a certain way because Star Wars or Star Trek was big when they were a kid, and they wanted to make it look like something from the movie. Is that wrong too?




Um dude where did you gett hat i said the pockets were the same?


this is what i said:
it bears some reselblence to the kingdom of the crystal skull jacket as far as the pockets go the



i said bears some reselblence does that mean 100 percent accurate? No it doesnt at all it means it looks similar
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:15 PM   #30
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
Um dude where did you gett hat i said the pockets were the same?


this is what i said:
it bears some reselblence to the kingdom of the crystal skull jacket as far as the pockets go the



i said bears some reselblence does that mean 100 percent accurate? No it doesnt at all it means it looks similar

What resemblance that there both pockets and originally designed to hold things, bcuz thats it.

Check out the resemblance :



Both are Humans, both have heads w/ hair and eyes, Why there indistinguishable.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:16 PM   #31
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
Ok, did you read my post? No really did you? I said pretty clearly MORE THEN ONCE I have no problem w/ you buying that Jacket nor did I question how big a fan you are, I said eventually someone is going to make fun of you, Im 21 and realistic, and the sad truth is eventually theres a good chance someone will laugh at you.


Why would i care if some piss ant on the street or at school laughed at me? im i going to stop liking Indy because of that am i going to stop being a fan? no i could care less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
What resemblance that there both pockets and originally designed to hold things, bcuz thats it.


to me they look similar not the same but i think they look a little like them

Last edited by Attila the Professor : 07-06-2008 at 07:35 PM. Reason: double post
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:20 PM   #32
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
Why would i care if some piss ant on the street or at school laughed at me? im i going to stop liking Indy because of that am i going to stop being a fan? no i could care less


Obviously you do care because you can't handle my negative feedback. I can only imagine if someone walked right up to you and called you a geek.

And dude how many times do I have to say I dont give a ****, Im telling you tho, Your wrong about the pockets, for **** sake dude read my posts or don't even bother argueing.

And the pockets are no way close to similar, that makes me question what your saying even more.

Oh and would I care If most of the girls thought I was a total geek? Yes because im not a liar and I also don't like my own hand enough to stop carring what women think altogeather.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:26 PM   #33
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
the reason im getting upset is because everyone is talking about the jacket like its a dimestore jacket. its not its a very nice leather jacket


as for the patches i wasnt crazy about them either at first because the design of the jackets in the store have changed over the years


ok the pockets dont look like them at all to you thats fine but to me they do im the only person that will think that but thats fine
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:28 PM   #34
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
the reason im getting upset is because everyone is talking about the jacket like its a dimestore jacket. its not its a very nice leather jacket


as for the patches i wasnt crazy about them either at first because the design of the jackets in the store have changed over the years


ok the pockets dont look like them at all to you thats fine but to me they do im the only person that will think that but thats fine


Yes but I never said that, In fact if you read my posts you'll see I say for probably $30-$40 more you could have gotten a Wested jacket.

Which if anything is complimenting the overall quality of the leather because a Wested is around $300-400.

So the reason your getting upset is because your not takeing the time to actually read.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:31 PM   #35
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
but heres the thing i diddn't want a wested jacket i wanted an indiana jones jacket which is exactly what i got an indiana jones jacket
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:32 PM   #36
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
but heres the thing i diddn't want a wested jacket i wanted an indiana jones jacket which is exactly what i got an indiana jones jacket

And as I said about 5 times now

-----------------> GOOD FOR ****ING YOU. <--------------------

Did you see it that time, thats seriously around the 5th time I had to say it.

That was not my point which has now been lost in your inability or carelessness to actually read.

Lets try to Put this to bed shall we. My points were.

1. COOL JACKET IM GLAD YOU LIKE IT

2. YOU STATED THE POCKETS WERE ACCURATE I STATED THEY WEREn'T

3. THEN I MADE WHAT I THOUGHT WOULD BE A FUNNY POST ABOUT THE PEOPLE AT LUCASFILM's MARKETING DIVISION

4. THATS IT. YOU GET IT NOW? COOL JACKET MAN IM GLAD YOU DIG IT, BUT I DON'T... IS THAT OK WITH EVERYONE? OR DO I HAVE TO LIKE IT????!

Last edited by Deckard : 03-25-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:40 PM   #37
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
dude the first post by you and everyone else was Its not like the jacket indy wore



I ******* know that


all you had to say was i dont like thats it.


and with the hole pockets thing ok it doesnt really look like it but i think there similar thats my opinion ONLY. Your right they dont look like indys
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:41 PM   #38
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
dude the first post by you and everyone else was Its not like the jacket indy wore



I ******* know that


all you had to say was i dont like thats it.


and with the hole pockets thing ok it doesnt really look like it but i think there similar thats my opinion ONLY. Your right they dont look like indys

YES BECAUSE ITS AN INDIANA JONES JACKET THE TITLE SAYS INDIANA JONES JACKET SO I WAS EXPECTING AN INDIANA JONES JACKET. I BASICALLY MADE SURE YOU KNEW IT WASN't AND WHEN YOU SAID YOU DID I SAID COOL MAN ENJOY THE JACKET. Then you apparently stopped reading the entire posts.

I never once said **** YOU YOUR Jacket is dumb ****. Did I?
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:44 PM   #39
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
no actully the title said DISNEYLAND INDIANA JONES JACKET KEY WORD THERE WAS DISNEYLAND
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:45 PM   #40
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
So what?, look at the old Disneyland Jackets, they look just like the regular Indy ones and don't say "INDIANA JONES" all over them. I figured with a new movie coming they'd have taken steps to make them look even closer not further away from what it is they are based on.

And at the time you had like 4 posts, I profiled you and figured "oh man another noob here that got taken by Disney." I was wrong and Im glad you did not get ripped off.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:47 PM   #41
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
YES BECAUSE ITS AN INDIANA JONES JACKET THE TITLE SAYS INDIANA JONES JACKET SO I WAS EXPECTING AN INDIANA JONES JACKET. I BASICALLY MADE SURE YOU KNEW IT WASN't AND WHEN YOU SAID YOU DID I SAID COOL MAN ENJOY THE JACKET. Then you apparently stopped reading the entire posts.

I never once said **** YOU YOUR Jacket is dumb ****. Did I?



I never said you did? Did I?
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:49 PM   #42
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
the reason im getting upset is because everyone is talking about the jacket like its a dimestore jacket. its not its a very nice leather jacket

Well no one said that either.

I said it, I'll say it again, My problem here was never with you, tho when you misinterpret something I say, It can become that way.

My beef is with the guys who make this stuff because they could do better.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:52 PM   #43
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
So what?, look at the old Disneyland Jackets, they look just like the regular Indy ones and don't say "INDIANA JONES" all over them. I figured with a new movie coming they'd have taken steps to make them look even closer not further away from what it is they are based on.

And at the time you had like 4 posts, I profiled you and figured "oh man another noob here that got taken by Disney." I was wrong and Im glad you did not get ripped off.



ok man look i didn not join these forums to argue with people. I have no problem with you at all you diddnt do anything wrong niether did i. I was simply showing my jacket that i finally got a chance to buy. You were only saying that it diddnt look like the jacket indy wore because you thought i was some idiot that bought the jacket thinking it was a real indy jacket. Ok no problem there you were just looking out for a fellow indy fan thats fine


but we dont need to be arguing over something this stupid...... I like the jacket alot of people i know like the jacket but the important thing is that I like it because i like otherwise i wouldnt have bought it


so can we please be friends?
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:54 PM   #44
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Sure, I never considered us enemies, not like your a Nazi, were just arguing over the internet, I don't take any of it personally. Like i said tho, If i don't like something. I'll let you know, its just the type of guy I am. I'd rather be honest and uncomfortable then just uncomfortable.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:58 PM   #45
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
thats cool man im usually that way myself unless its a girl asking me than i tend to lie

it wasnt even you that was pissing me off it was resident alien

i made a topic asking how to get the avatars.....


i know its a stupid question and itsa my own fault for not reading the faqs

but he posted something like Ban him if anyone questions you..... cite his jacket


i was like jesus christ i could see if it was a x-men jacket or a star wars or soemthig like that but its indiana jones thats like calling rocky nerdy
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:59 PM   #46
ReggieSnake
IndyFan
 
ReggieSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: United States
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
Yeah, Indy had an influence on me. Hell, this forum had an influence on me. That's why I'm here. That's why I came back after being gone for years, and that's why I accepted the post of moderator. It doesn't mean that I signed away any ability to critique tendencies of my fellow fans, nor that I need to put together a perfectly accurate costume, or any costume at all. It doesn't mean I have to acquire a great pile of action figures from however many different producers, nor that I need to worry about Old Indy being excluded from the Young Indy films. It doesn't mean that I need to post pictures of characters and actors from the films and drool over them, or that I have to wait for the new film to come out to criticize it. It doesn't even mean that I have to have notions of what I want out of Indy IV, but it also doesn't mean that if I do have such notions, that I can't find fault with the film if they don't meet my conception of what a good film would be. There is no litmus test for being an Indiana Jones fan. I would imagine that my fandom is imperfect to many here. I don't doubt that, nor am I particularly bothered by it. But let's be clear here - I'm here by choice.
As should be. Good post, Attila.
ReggieSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:20 PM   #47
Lao Che Pun
IndyFan
 
Lao Che Pun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 228
I'm fairly new to this forum (although compared to the maturity and age of particular fans within this thread, I'm apparently a veteran) and I cannot believe the overt cynicism that exists here.

Has courtesy ever existed on this board? I can't believe somebody would go to such lengths to make other people feel bad. One can rationalize it anyway they want, but the bottomline is that some people just feel good while raining on someone else's parade.

In my opinion, I think the jacket looks great. Owning a Wested and a Cooper myself, I appreciate the atypical Indy jacket that people on the street can discern as an actual licensed Indy item. This thread kinda makes me want to buy one myself now too.

I know I'm new here, so perhaps I shouldn't be throwing my weight around (i.e. opinion) as if I were some fan who had pseudo-clout in the Indy community (i.e. - fans whose self-esteem is dependent/synonymous with their messageboard post count) but I just had to voice my disillusion over the cynical nature of this thread.

Here's hoping this thread will be eventually closed...
Lao Che Pun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:23 PM   #48
Avilos
IndyFan
 
Avilos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 604
For what its worth Nurhachi1991 I really like the jacket!
Avilos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:24 PM   #49
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao Che Pun
Here's hoping this thread will be eventually closed...


So that freedom of speech and people's opinions are prevented from being heard?

Your a little late if your trying to make some point its all been settled, and I thought I was clear that at no point did I ever degrade Nurhacci, simply that I didnt like the jacket.
He said he understands that.

I now know better then to attempt to have a differance of opinion then what some of you guys think. I'll send you all of my books now so you may burn them.

Another guy wonders in w/ an opinion who didn't even read the thread, gotta love that.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:39 PM   #50
Lao Che Pun
IndyFan
 
Lao Che Pun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
So that freedom of speech and people's opinions are prevented from being heard?

Your a little late if your trying to make some point its all been settled, and I thought I was clear that at no point did I ever degrade Nurhacci, simply that I didnt like the jacket.
He said he understands that.

I now know better then to attempt to have a differance of opinion then what some of you guys think. I'll send you all of my books now so you may burn them.

Another guy wonders in w/ an opinion who didn't even read the thread, gotta love that.


Actually, I'm a wee embarrassed that I did read the entire thread. While I'm happy that you two were able to work out your squabbles, I'm still a little saddened over the eruption regardless. My comment wasn't an interjection to your expletive-laden debate, but merely an afterthought. Honestly, I'm not sure anyone here would take my comments seriously without the occasional "*&^$#" remark.

And I'd hate to make this argument a question of "freedom of speech," as everyone here knows that isn't the real case. It's just about courtesy, as I mentioned. As a devout defender of the Constitution, I'll be the first person to stand up for your rights to say anything you want to anybody, but my virtues hold me to the fact that I don't think any thought that enters a person's mind should come out of their mouth. Just because you might see a person in public who you think is overweight, does it mean you should call them "fat?" I guess you could. I just think it's mean-spirited.

I imagined you were sitting at your computer waiting for someone to respond to the thread two hours after it supposedly "resolved," so I only suggested the thread closure to end the madness.

I'll do you the favor and close down for the night too. Sorry for the interruption.
Lao Che Pun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 AM.