Star Trek into Darkness

Dr. Gonzo

sticker,375x360.png

indyrcks

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/diP-o_JxysA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AndyLGR

Saw this film last night and I thought it was enjoyable. Fast paced, the 2 hours flew by.

I'm no trek geek but I recognised some of mods to previous films and the original series, and i thought it was very cool to get a glimpse of the Klingons too.
Essentially it seemed to me it was a remake of the wrath of Kahn. However that didn't detract from my enjoyment of it.

The action was really good, enhanced with some fantastic special effects.

Benedict Cumberbatch made an excellent villain and I thought Spock and Kirk were very good too. Able supported by a good turn from Scottie too.

These 2 movies have been far and away the best of the trek franchise IMO.

kongisking

I loved it greatly. Terrific entertainment. This is how you do good characters. Great acting from everyone, with the standouts (among a cast of excellents) being Weller, Cumberbatch, and Quinto. And the nods to old Trek were pretty neat and show that Abrams and co. are really trying to be respectful to the canon.

And I merely shake my head and chuckle at the Trek fans who hate it. Seriously, look up some of their posts on AICN and such to see just how outrageous their hatred is. It's crossed over from legitimate complaints to flat-out irrational venom. One person, and this one made me howl with laughter, claimed that it's already common consensus that Into Darkness is one of the worst science fiction films ever made. I had to pick myself up off the floor from that ridiculous statement. :D

AndyLGR

kongisking said:
I loved it greatly. Terrific entertainment. This is how you do good characters. Great acting from everyone, with the standouts (among a cast of excellents) being Weller, Cumberbatch, and Quinto. And the nods to old Trek were pretty neat and show that Abrams and co. are really trying to be respectful to the canon.

And I merely shake my head and chuckle at the Trek fans who hate it. Seriously, look up some of their posts on AICN and such to see just how outrageous their hatred is. It's crossed over from legitimate complaints to flat-out irrational venom. One person, and this one made me howl with laughter, claimed that it's already common consensus that Into Darkness is one of the worst science fiction films ever made. I had to pick myself up off the floor from that ridiculous statement. :D
Amazing really. These 2 new films look to have breathed life in to a tired franchise (cinema wise).

For people like me they are a perfect introduction to the world of Star Trek again, and IMO seem to be done with care, attention and respect to the original source material. However I'm not a die hard so I can't empathise with their point of view.

These Trek movies are what the SW prequels should of been I think, good character driven films which still cram in the effects and action.

Into Darkness is my film of the year so far.

Joe Brody

I agree it's a better film than I thought it be -- but it's underperforming in the domestic box office. Paramount just can't seem to get it's act together and fire on all cylinders. But more than one studio made the mistake of dismissing Fast & Furious #6 and underestimated the F&F Franchise's potent diversity-youth-and-female-drawing machine.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
They finally tracked down every scattered bonus feature from the many editions. Plus some scenes will be open matte as only seen on Imax screens. If you're not a Trekkie dedicated to buying the same content repeatedly, just try this and prepare for J.J. III: The Search for Luke.