That new photograph.

Gustav

This one:

indy45.jpg

Something about it makes my stomach turn.

The first thing I notice is that it's far too brightly lit, but that's not what worries me; I'm sure it will look darker in the movie. I'm talking about the monsters to the left and right of the actors.

They're red.

Red.

And they look pretty...modern. As a matter of fact, they look like something I would have seen in my nightmare.

Does anybody have anything to say that will settle my stomach about this?

Michael24

Gustav said:
Does anybody have anything to say that will settle my stomach about this?

That it's quite obviously a simple production still that will likely not reflect the final look and feel of the moment as seen in the film. :) The picture has been excited. (y)

spiralout

They're painted red. Many Mesoamerican civilizations painted their structures in bright colors. What's your problem?

Gustav

Michael - I know production stills are usually brighter, but I hope you're right about it not reflecting the feel of the actual film.

Spiral - Show me one.

Avilos - if you have nothing to contribute, don't clutter the thread, please.

little Indy - That link doesn't work.

My stomach is still turning and I fear that if I don't see the trailer soon I am going to get diarrhea.

Avilos

metalinvader that is just crazy talk! We all know that The Raven revolves around Gustav. He doesn't need to join others threads. His opinions are so damn important that he should state them anyway he wants....Even 2 weeks after everyone has already seen that picture...

Blue Jay

Avilos said:
metalinvader that is just crazy talk! We all know that The Raven revolves around Gustav. He doesn't need to join others threads. His opinions are so damn important that he should state them anyway he wants....Even 2 weeks after everyone has already seen that picture...

LOL :p

I dont see the need for another thread, too. But I think nearly half of the raven members have unknowingly started a thread about something that has already been discussed in another thread. There is no shame in that!!!!! I did that too.
But one could at least admit to his mistake without getting cocky. :rolleyes:

But i agree, we should not worry about a production still. No one has seen real footage yet...

Hey, I've started more unnecessary threads than an over zealous tailor. It's not intentional, just the excited urges of a tense Indy fan. Give the guy a break.

Let he who has not started an unnecessary thread cast the first stone.

:)

spiralout

Gustav said:
Spiral - Show me one.

The problem with finding pictures is that most of the structures lie in ruins and have been exposed to the elements for hundreds of years. The paints have been mostly washed away.

ballcourtedificeyu5.jpg

gwgdjserpth2.jpg

But some interior structures have retained their pigment.

jaguarmoolcm4.jpg

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I, for one, think the picture is staged...obviously its on a stage...but not a movie still. Everyone is clean and just a little too perfect.
Time will tell I suppose.

Gustav

Spiralout - Those pictures do help settle my stomach, but I still think the monster statues look a little modern compared to the real ones.

Does anybody concur?

I think you might be right Aaron. But if it is staged, I would think they would have had Ray Winstone a little more visible.