Any new Dark Horse Indy comics coming?

Goonie

:confused: Anyone know if Dark Horse is releasing any new Indy comics in the near future? A follow-up to Tomb of the Gods?

How about a 3rd volume of Indiana Jones Adventures?

lao che & sons

No new yet. Does dark horse go to toy fair? or is that only a toy thiong and not comics? I'm expecting a new Indy (TOG) style comic series to pop up in late 2010 and an indy adventures 3. I would love them to do movie adaption comics in the TOG style I like the marvel ones but I want to see a new take on the classic adventures in comic form :)

Exulted Unicron

No dark horse as far as I know. But we've got the end of the Marvel run with Further Adventures Omnibus vol 3 coming in march. Its got the final issues of Marvel's Further Adventures series and Last Crusade

Lao_Che

If I'm remembering correctly, yodazone asked Dark Horse a while back and they told him the plan was to have a mini-series every year and the digests slightly more often.

But that was a long while back. Might have been before the TotG issue delays, and it's possible Indy has been put to rest again if the sales weren't good enough. If it has, around Indy 5 time might be the only chance to get any new material.

dontcallmejr

I recently sent Dark Horse an e-mail regarding their plans for Indy in the near future and this is the reply I got:
Hi David,

Thanks for the email!

We are always grateful when fans let us know that they enjoyed one of our comics. As for Indiana Jones specifically? Unfortunately, there are no plans at this time for new comics, but that's certainly in the cards for the future.

We appreciate your interest in Dark Horse Comics.

Best,
Spencer
Dark Horse Comics, Inc.

yodazone

Next year marks the 20th Anniversary since the first Indiana Jones comic released from Dark Horse:

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/91-258/Indiana-Jones-and-the-the-Fate-of-Atlantis-1-of-4

Dark Horse is doing something special for the 20th Anniversary of them holding the Star Wars comic line too so they could use next year to release some new Indy books as well if they wanted to.

Last year they relaunched their Aliens/Predator/Terminator comic books for their anniversaries as well.

The last Indy mini series (Tomb of the Gods) still outsold alot of the other Dark Horse books despite the long delays between issues. The DH/Marvel Omnibuses have been great but they are still slow dancing with releasing new Indy comic material these last few years. :rolleyes:

lao che & sons

yodazone said:
Next year marks the 20th Anniversary since the first Indiana Jones comic released from Dark Horse

woo! I can't ait to see what they come up with. And with next year also being Raiders 30th it should really be a great year for Indy:D