A daughter of Indiana and Marion, a grandson, plus Henry Sr?!

This is just speculation on my part and not based on any rumor.

On a side note Karen Allen turned 59 this Tuesday, October 5th. I think this has been discussed before but assuming her character is in Indy5 what is the minimum age she would be in the early 1960's? I would imagine Marion would have to been born in 1910 at the latest meaning at least 47 in KOTCS and in her early 50's in Indy5. I know YIJC showed Old Indy's daughter. If Indy and Marion got um "busy" right away in 1957 Marion could have had a child born in 1958 so a three or four year old daughter of Indy could be in Indy5. Its was rare but not unheard of for women to have children at that age in that time.

For that matter Mutt would now be old enough to have a child of his own, perhaps Henry Jones IV.

This may sound soap-operaish but it may be a mechanism by which Marion and Mutt have smaller roles in Indy5. Then again Mutt could live his kid with grandma Jones (Marion) who would babysit both little HJIV and his slightly older aunt (Indy and Marion's daughter). That way Mutt could join Indy on the adventure in some capacity.

Throw in Sean Connery as Henry Jones Sr's ghost and you have four generations of Joneses!

You do realize that I am just bringing this up as a possiblity and not necessarily what I personally want to see.

Basically I am asking what is the most "Jones family" content that you would tolerate?

Montana Smith

chicago103 said:
You do realize that I am just bringing this up as a possiblity and not necessarily what I personally want to see.

Basically I am asking what is the most "Jones family" content that you would tolerate?

Just Indy, and his post-Marion bit on the side.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
There's a thread on a possible adopted child, and a couple of threads about the daughter in early Indy 4 scripts. If as hoped Ford and Rhys-Davies have large roles in the film, they will surely have younger (tween?) sidekicks to keep the cast balanced.

Maybe they've retconned Marion's early affair, but I still place her at 25 in 1936 and 46 in 1957. Brigitte Nielsen was in the news for conceiving and birthing at 53, possibly with IVF (Louise Brown was the first IVF baby in 1978). Freezing unfertilized eggs is a recent advancement and still tricky.

Marion would have had a slim chance of conceiving. A daughter named after Indy's sister perhaps? Total US births to 45–49 year olds (unassisted by grail powered gonads):
1955 - 5,430
1960 - 5,182