Crystal Skull Magnetism: Naturally Occuring or Conscious Exertion

Did Skully know what he was doing?

• Skully knew what he was doing...

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Skully couldn't help it, he's attractive.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • None of it made sense.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • We can't hope to understand the mind of ancient man's god.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Pale Horse said:
Faraday Cage.
Cool reference, but I doubt it was intentional.

The Skull in Nazca was "attractive".
Montana Smith said:
To block external communication? To disguise the location of the body from others of its species?

Hmmm.

I'll throw Orella's mask and the lack of coins piled on his corpse out for consideration.

Maybe there is a correlation. The gold possibly absorbed the field where the steel amplified it?

Cole

Montana Smith said:
To block external communication? To disguise the location of the body from others of its species?
I would say to block external communication so that it is unable to call attention to itself or cause mischief of some kind.

Rocket Surgeon said:
Cool reference, but I doubt it was intentional.
Why?

I'll throw Orella's mask and the lack of coins piled on his corpse out for consideration.

Maybe there is a correlation. The gold possibly absorbed the field where the steel amplified it?
That's why I think the skull's "magnetism" is its conscious powers/abilities. I think it "drew" the gold as a way of calling attention to itself so Indy could locate it. The skull wants to get back to Akator...

Cole said:
The container didn't block the magnetism for one, they would have designed one to do so if it were their intention...or at least not used a container that would adopt the property they were trying to contain.

Cole said:
That's why I think the skull's "magnetism" is its conscious powers/abilities. I think it "drew" the gold as a way of calling attention to itself so Indy could locate it. The skull wants to get back to Akator...
I do too...but I'm also trying to punch holes in it so I'm not just chasing a ghost of an idea.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Faraday Cage.

Obviously there are Alien/UFO skeptic's amoung us. Follow the bread crumb. It's a Faraday Cage.

Pale Horse said:
Faraday Cage.

Obviously there are Alien/UFO skeptic's amoung us. Follow the bread crumb. It's a Faraday Cage.

Present your case.

...I am not the only one around here that requires annotation!:)

Montana Smith

Is this any help?

A Faraday cage is a metallic enclosure that prevents the entry or escape of an electromagnetic field (EM field). An ideal Faraday cage consists of an unbroken, perfectly conducting shell. This ideal cannot be achieved in practice, but can be approached by using fine-mesh copper screening. For best performance, the cage should be directly connected to an earth ground.

Faraday cages are used in electronic labs where stray EM fields must be kept out. This is important in the testing of sensitive wireless receiving equipment. In addition, a Faraday cage can prevent the escape of the EM fields emitted by a cathode-ray-tube (CRT) computer monitor. Such fields can be intercepted and translated to allow hackers to remotely view on-screen data in real time without the need for wires, cables, or cameras. This practice, known as van Eck phreaking, can also be used by government officials to view the computer activities of known criminals and certain criminal suspects.

A heavy-duty Faraday cage can protect against direct lightning strikes. When properly connected to an earth ground, the cage conducts the high current harmlessly to ground, and keeps the EM pulse from affecting personnel or hardware inside.

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/definition/Faraday-cage

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
I got the research side, it's his application and reasoning in support, (opinion) that furthers the conversation. I can write what I think he means, but that doesn't mean it's what he means.

You mean you want enough bread crumbs to coat a fish finger? ;)

Montana Smith said:
You mean you want enough bread crumbs to coat a fish finger? ;)
If what he's giving us is the...uh, a finger, it would be nice to know what it's pointing at...if anything, (an besides "up").

:)

Cole

Rocket Surgeon said:
The container didn't block the magnetism for one, they would have designed one to do so if it were their intention...or at least not used a container that would adopt the property they were trying to contain.
I don't really know much about Faraday Cages......but the idea seems to be that the cage is made of a conductive material to block the magnetic field of what is inside.

So in this case, the "magnetism" (aka psychic powers/abilities) of the alien skull is what is being blocked.....but the box is still a magnetic/conductive material - hence why it attracts magnetic metals and not unmagnetic materials like we the skull do later in the film.

....or at least this is what appears to make sense. To me at least.

Montana Smith

Colonel John B. Alexander, the US Army Psy-Ops guy, commented on the short documentary accompanying the movie Push that "thoughts can now be implanted by electro-magnetics."

Even if fiction it would add a few more bread crumbs to Pale Horse's Faraday Cage fish finger.

Cole said:
...in this case, the "magnetism" (aka psychic powers/abilities) of the alien skull is what is being blocked...

I didn't equate the two phenomena, just considering the skull in Orella's Tomb pulled coins, (but not the mask?) deflected the ants but didn't show signs while "talking/commanding" Indy.

Maybe it was a precursor to mental activity...