Indiana Jones 5: July 19, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Sartorius

Lambonius said:
They didn't de-age Carrie Fisher, they put a recreation of her 19 year old face on a different actor, and had a sound-alike do the voice. Carrie had literally nothing to do with that cameo other than giving permission to use her likeness. Ford would never consent to such a thing though; he famously refused to dye his hair for KOTCS. Digital de-aging seems like the kind of thing he'd be vehemently opposed to.

Is it just me or does it look like Ford's hair is dyed darker in Blade Runner 2049?

Dr.Sartorius

Z dweller said:
Talking about advanced age, did you guys hear the Blade Runner 2049 rumor?

I just a posted a link in the relevant thread: apparently one of the replicants in the original movie is supposed to come back in the upcoming sequel, courtesy of digital de-ageing.

What if it's Deckard himself?

The question is relevant to this thread because, if Ford is willing to be digitally de-aged in BR 2049, what's to stop Disney from asking him to do the same in Indy 5 for at least part of the movie, say some flashback scenes?

Pure speculation of course, and based on no more than a silly internet rumor, but with so long to go before a script is even in the works, we might as well have some fun and discuss the possibility, right? :p

The article is quoted as saying one of the 4 original replicants is returning....That doesn't include Deckard does it? roy, rachael, zhora, and leon are the original 4.

Z dweller

Dr.Sartorius said:
The article is quoted as saying one of the 4 original replicants is returning....That doesn't include Deckard does it? roy, rachael, zhora, and leon are the original 4.
Tsk, tsk... guess you are unfamiliar with the unicorn dream scene. :rolleyes:

Finn

Staff member
Dr.Sartorius said:
The original four are Roy, Zhora, Leon and Pris, not Rachael. She is one, but not part of that group.

Neither is Deckard, whether he's one or not.

Dr.Sartorius

Finn said:
The original four are Roy, Zhora, Leon and Pris, not Rachael. She is one, but not part of that group.

Neither is Deckard, whether he's one or not.

Right...I meant to put Pris instead of Rachael.

DARTH ZOIDBERG

Lambonius said:
They didn't de-age Carrie Fisher, they put a recreation of her 19 year old face on a different actor, and had a sound-alike do the voice. Carrie had literally nothing to do with that cameo other than giving permission to use her likeness. Ford would never consent to such a thing though; he famously refused to dye his hair for KOTCS. Digital de-aging seems like the kind of thing he'd be vehemently opposed to.
actually the entire Leia and Tarkin characters were CGI not just there faces and I thought they looked fantastic! they might have used stand ins but the entire actors you see on screen were rendered CGI! as for the Koep's Script for KOTCS I think because Koep had to come in and rewrite the script kind of last minute might have been why it was poor, I really liked Koep's JP script so we know the guy can write! I actually just watched KOTCS and I cant believe the flack that film gets I really like it a lot not as good as Raiders but I really liked it a lot! hopefully Disney really knocks one out of the park with Indy 5? Does anyone know if Indy 5 still gets a Paramount logo? they still own a small percentage of Indy don't they? my thinking is Paramount logo at the beginning and Walt Disney Picturs in the end of the credits...:)

Pale Horse

Staff member
Sakis said:
Imagine the potential of the Disney logo dissolving into a real background. :confused:

Imagine, indeed: The Matterhorn!

6280028319_a188b459e7_z_d.jpg

Udvarnoky

Paramount still has profit participation in the Indy franchise. While Disney would really be the distributor this time out, I can definitely see them letting Spielberg keep the Paramount dissolve for tradition's sake.

DARTH ZOIDBERG

Udvarnoky said:
Paramount still has profit participation in the Indy franchise. While Disney would really be the distributor this time out, I can definitely see them letting Spielberg keep the Paramount dissolve for tradition's sake.
I thought It would be weird not having the 20th Century Fox Fanfare in front of the new Star Wars movies but after seeing two great Disney star wars movies with just a Lucasfilms logo It Is just fine by me so If they go that route I would be ok with that. On the other hand a Disney castle dissolving into a Gothic Castle in some Exotic locale would be really cool as well! :whip:

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
DARTH ZOIDBERG said:
On the other hand a Disney castle dissolving into a Gothic Castle in some Exotic locale would be really cool as well! :whip:

That's what I had in mind!

Face_Melt

DARTH ZOIDBERG said:
actually the entire Leia and Tarkin characters were CGI not just there faces and I thought they looked fantastic! they might have used stand ins but the entire actors you see on screen were rendered CGI! as for the Koep's Script for KOTCS I think because Koep had to come in and rewrite the script kind of last minute might have been why it was poor, I really liked Koep's JP script so we know the guy can write! I actually just watched KOTCS and I cant believe the flack that film gets I really like it a lot not as good as Raiders but I really liked it a lot! hopefully Disney really knocks one out of the park with Indy 5? Does anyone know if Indy 5 still gets a Paramount logo? they still own a small percentage of Indy don't they? my thinking is Paramount logo at the beginning and Walt Disney Picturs in the end of the credits...:)

Only the faces were CGI. Real actors played the parts.

DARTH ZOIDBERG

Face_Palm said:
Only the faces were CGI. Real actors played the parts.
as stand ins yes but there entire bodies were done CGI trust me I am a star wars fanboy from over at theforce.net...
I followed all the spoilers.

IndyForever

Udvarnoky said:
Disney only bought the rights to future Indiana Jones movies with the character so they will be the only distributor on Indy 5. Indy 1-4 Paramount still distribute for years to come on home video.

In about 10 years it would not surprise me if Paramount announce they are remaking Indy 1-4 (so Disney then buy the rights to those from them as well!!).

DARTH ZOIDBERG

IndyForever said:
Disney only bought the rights to future Indiana Jones movies with the character so they will be the only distributor on Indy 5. Indy 1-4 Paramount still distribute for years to come on home video.

In about 10 years it would not surprise me if Paramount announce they are remaking Indy 1-4 (so Disney then buy the rights to those from them as well!!).
I don't know that is entirely true, I think there is a distribution partnership kind of like Marvel and Disney, my guess is they will do something similar to Star Wars where you just get a classy Lucasfilm logo and at the end of the credits you get some kind of Walt Disney Pictures logo ...

Pale Horse

Staff member
DARTH ZOIDBERG said:
Actually the entire Leia and Tarkin characters were CGI not just there faces and I thought they looked fantastic! They might have used stand ins but the entire actors you see on screen were rendered CGI!

You know what screenplay/McGuffin would be greatly enhanced by this technology? It would capture the sense of the character, keep both fanboys and cynics alike happy? Could provide a seamless transition into the new chapters of Indiana Jones?

THIS ONE.

DARTH ZOIDBERG

Pale Horse said:
You know what screenplay/McGuffin would be greatly enhanced by this technology? It would capture the sense of the character, keep both fanboys and cynics alike happy? Could provide a seamless transition into the new chapters of Indiana Jones?

THIS ONE.
I definitely want them to go back to a Judeo Christian artifact, it would make most fans happy, although I loved KOTCS but they have to do what Disney did with Star Wars and make something as good as the Originals. I do think the possibilities are endless though with the Technology, good point you have there!

Z dweller

Pale Horse said:

THIS ONE.
I agree that this might work for Indy 5.

However, where do you go from there in future movies? A rejuvenated Indy in the 70s and 80s?
Again with a digitally de-aged Ford in the lead, when Harry may actually not be around by the time those new movies get made?

Nah.

I'd rather Disney wrapped up the story in the 60s with Ford, then continued the saga with prequels set in the 20s and 30s with a younger actor.

DARTH ZOIDBERG

Z dweller said:
I agree that this might work for Indy 5.

However, where do you go from there in future movies? A rejuvenated Indy in the 70s and 80s?
Again with a digitally de-aged Ford in the lead, when Harry may actually not be around by the time those new movies get made?

Nah.

I'd rather Disney wrapped up the story in the 60s with Ford, then continued the saga with prequels set in the 20s and 30s with a younger actor.
I think it will be interesting to see how the Young Han Solo movie goes if it is a hit may be a recast with Alden Ehrenreich would be the way to go, so far the casting for Disney Star Wars has been great. What Is the casting Directors name for star wars, Nina Gold, may be they can get her for Indy??

Status
Not open for further replies.