Newbie... but kinda not!

xfkirsten

Hi all! I'm Kirsten! I actually registered here several years ago and posted a bit... and then life took me to Disney World for a long time, where I lost track of all things internet and fandom. I've come back to lurk here over the last several months as the anticipation for Indy 4 grows, and decided I need to get my butt in gear and get back into posting! :D So... hi!

Kingsley

welcome_uus.png

xfkirsten

Thanks, everyone! :D

And as for the sig... my favorite lines from the Disneyland ride. It should be every Cast Member's motto. ;) My sig is a bit out of date, though... stayed considerably longer than that! I can't find where to edit my sig, though. I can't even see my own sig! :p

Attila the Professor

Staff member
xfkirsten said:
Thanks, everyone! :D

And as for the sig... my favorite lines from the Disneyland ride. It should be every Cast Member's motto. ;) My sig is a bit out of date, though... stayed considerably longer than that! I can't find where to edit my sig, though. I can't even see my own sig! :p

It's in your profile.

Oh, and welcome back.

xfkirsten

Ah, I see, it's just been taken off the forums themselves. I get it now! :p Too bad I can't edit it to mention where I ended up in merchandise - Adventureland. Meaning I sold Indy stuff all day long! ;)

xfkirsten

Sadly, no, they don't have a lot there. Some hats, jackets, shirts, and a few trinkets here and there. I used to wear one of the fedoras around all day at work. ;)

I really loved working for Disney! Can't say they take care of their employees too well - pay is low, benefits not that great, and there's more drama and politics than a high school theater class. But it was such a blast to be there every day, making the magic. And the free admission to the parks didn't hurt. ;) I keep considering going back. I went on to work in their Entertainment department after merchandise and loved it - I may end up back there sooner rather than later.

Niteshade007

Cool. I want to work there over the summer just to see if I like it, then I plan on applying for an internship there, so I can work there and get school credit. I'm excited about there. I'm actually going back in a couple of weeks.

xfkirsten

Ah, that's cool! They had some great internships there. I really regret not applying for the marine mammal internship at EPCOT while I was still eligible! But definitely get a foot in the door - that's a big thing in working for Disney. They love to hire from within.

nezobiwan

Hey welcome. I know all about the WDW merchandising scene as I used to work there too. Tomorrowland, in fact--but I would have much rather been working in Adventureland!

I'm planning to throw an Indy party in May when the movie comes out and I've been shopping at MK in Advland for Indy gear, but they don't carry it anymore. :(

Looks like I'll have to go to the Studios and buy stuff from the Indy Stunt Show shop.

xfkirsten

Adventureland was where it's at! Indy, Pirates, and Glow! ;) Glow was the best - I got paid to watch parades and the castle show all day (I can still do the entire dace to Cinderella's Surprise Celebration). We even had little competitions to see who could sell the most from our carts, and our manager started supplying prizes for us. :p

Hopefully MK will start picking up again with the Indy stuff soon! I once theorized that I could put together a whole Marion Cairo streets costume from the little room with all the clothes off to the side by the Magic Carpets... never got around to testing it, I generally went straight for the fedoras. ;) I'm sure it'll be a popular theme once the next movie comes out. At least there's still the store outside the stunt show! I think I spent a small fortune in that store while I was there. :p