Emperor's Tomb flaws

indifan101

Well we all have to agree it was the best Indiana Jones video game since Infernal Machine back in 99 but I have to say that this game could of really been a lot more realistic if the following features were a little more how can I say practical. Good example: We all love the world war two first shooters and of course that glorious oppertunity to use the MP40 smg. Than how come when your watching the movies Indy kills germans with one to two shots and in the game it takes what a whole 32 rounds to kill the germans? or anybody really. And the aiming on the trigger sucks as well, I mean you can kill them with a shot to the head with the walther, mauser or revolver but anyother rifle especially the shot gun, you get them in the head they fall over and get right back up! Plus I thought the grenade's dont have to kill you when your twenty feet away from them either they need to have a feature where you can pick it up again and throw back or kick it. Hopefully the new Indy game fixes these flaws or else it could take a lot longer to complete.

Finn

Staff member
indifan101 said:
Well we all have to agree it was the best Indiana Jones video game since Infernal Machine back in 99
Not to mention the only one.

My favorite pet peeve about this game? The mid-air whip swing. It's like... c'mon.

Vendetta08

2 things that annoy me to death.

1. What you mentioned, takes an entire round of ammo just to kill one thug. It's ridiculous. God forbid you're trapped with 4 of them in a small room and only 5 bullets in your revolver.

2. ****IN' CROCODILES! They're no way to harm them, I dislike the first 9 levels because of this, especially the one with the huge BLEEPING croc. They do nothing but chase after you and bite you in your ass and there's no way to fight back. I wish I could pull out the revolver and blow some led in those stupid coldblooded reptiles.

Dr.Sartorius

Also you couldn't automatically save your game. You have to complete a whole chapter or level so you can save your game. That got my frustrated a lot.

Gear

indifan101 said:
Well we all have to agree it was the best Indiana Jones video game since Infernal Machine back in 99 but I have to say that this game could of really been a lot more realistic if the following features were a little more how can I say practical. Good example: We all love the world war two first shooters and of course that glorious oppertunity to use the MP40 smg. Than how come when your watching the movies Indy kills germans with one to two shots and in the game it takes what a whole 32 rounds to kill the germans? or anybody really. And the aiming on the trigger sucks as well, I mean you can kill them with a shot to the head with the walther, mauser or revolver but anyother rifle especially the shot gun, you get them in the head they fall over and get right back up! Plus I thought the grenade's dont have to kill you when your twenty feet away from them either they need to have a feature where you can pick it up again and throw back or kick it. Hopefully the new Indy game fixes these flaws or else it could take a lot longer to complete.

Ya, I thought it was kind of weird that the MP-40's take half a clip to kill some one, that sort of anoys me, I mean, I understand that its a game and if everyone could be killed with one shot and one shot only then it would be to easy but in real life if you shoot some one with a couple of rounds from a machine gun- their gonna be more or less alive. And I also think that they should have made it so that the bullets would be more effective.
About the grenades- you can pick them up if someone throws them at you and throw it back at 'em.
Over all, the game is kick ass.:hat:

Finn

Staff member
So I think we could sum it up so that the only thing that makes ET fun to play is the melee combat system. All the rest is just below average qualitywise.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Well, it was also a far more fluid game than Infernal Machine had been, to be sure, and gorgeous to look at from time to time.

Of course, story-wise, nothing can ever touch Fate of Atlantis.

Gear

AL_Patterson said:
2. ****IN' CROCODILES! They're no way to harm them, I dislike the first 9 levels because of this, especially the one with the huge BLEEPING croc. They do nothing but chase after you and bite you in your ass and there's no way to fight back. I wish I could pull out the revolver and blow some led in those stupid coldblooded reptiles.

Hint: Once you land in the river in Ceylon, you swim to the entrance of the tomb and past it to the water fall. Go behind it and you'll find a crate, if you break it you'll find a dynomite bundle... I dare say you get my hint.
BEWARE: it'll disaper at the end of the level.

peterlally

Ok we're all noticing and moaning about flaws such as mid air whipping and 30 rounds per nazi.

How can we pick on that being unrealistic when Indy goes into other dimensions fights ghosts dragons etc?? Not to mention the fact that Indy doesn't die on first/second bullet either!!:gun: (y) (see Still Alive) :gun: (y) :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :dead:

Gear

PS2's and X-box's. Also it's on PC.

Really good game- despite all it's flaws- I'd buy it if I were you ;)

I got so frustrated with the inability to save your progress in ET that I eventually ended up finding cheat codes to skip levels which I really hated to do. Especially the Von Beck's Revenge level where Indy is being chased down a passageway by Von Beck in a big machine. That was just impossible...

Here's hoping the next one will be a little better... :rolleyes:

That you couldn't twitch-save is a GOOD thing! Twitch-saving is for wankers.

The WORST part of ET was the voice acting.... Especially the pathetic failure of an attempt to sound like Harrison ford... barf.

"Von Beck's Revenge level .... That was just impossible"
Not remotely... if -I- can do it, anyone (Indyone?) can!

ClintonHammond said:
That you couldn't twitch-save is a GOOD thing! Twitch-saving is for wankers.

The WORST part of ET was the voice acting.... Especially the pathetic failure of an attempt to sound like Harrison ford... barf.

"Von Beck's Revenge level .... That was just impossible"
Not remotely... if -I- can do it, anyone (Indyone?) can!

Now there's an intelligent response.

Consider yourself ignored. :gun:

Finn

Staff member
Clinton... even though I'm kind of happy to see you back, I'll have to remind you that your cup's not definitely empty now. More like half-full.