Any new Indy game info?

DocWhiskey

indyjones2131 posted this in the Staff of Kings thread:

indyjones2131 said:
I work at a video game company.

We are licensing a certain tech for our next game and a rep from that company was in our offices helping us learn the ins and outs of the tech.

The topic of the Indy game came up (same tech was used in this game) and I tried to sneak a response out of him. Went something like this:

"Man that game looked SO good. Sucks they canceled it."

"Yeah. From what I saw they were just way behind and couldn't get certain aspects of the tech working in time"

"Well, hopefully they'll get it right for the next Indy game"

"Yeah they're... HEY! Nice try, but I'm not saying a thing"

"Oh you've said plenty..."

SCORE!

This was last year sometime.

But who knows. I haven't heard anything remotely official. If a 5th movie IS happening, I can see a game coming with it. But right now I'm doubting we'll be seeing Indy anytime soon.

AnythingGoes

Next Game

This is just a thread to talk about...what's next for the Indy series {Video Game wise.}
I for one hope that there'll be news at E3... maybe we'll finally get our Next-Gen Indy fix!
:whip:

Lao_Che

AnythingGoes said:
This is just a thread to talk about...what's next for the Indy series {Video Game wise.}
I for one hope that there'll be news at E3... maybe we'll finally get our Next-Gen Indy fix!
:whip:

E3 was last week. Or do you mean next year? :confused:

Udvarnoky

I'm betting when The Force Unleashed II comes out, a new Indy project will be something LEC can focus on.

Exulted Unicron

I think that its a typical Lucas thing that compared to Star Wars, Indy's dead. Then again, we might get news next year what with it being the 30th anniversary of Raiders

I think Staff of Kings came out as such an abortion of a game, i.e aborted Next Gen versions, half assed Wii game play, the fact that 2 months later is was $19.99, greatly effects the hopes for a next game. Unless they realize the fault was on their end in producing such a crap-tastic version, and make up for it with something great....which I doubt for a while.

DocWhiskey

Personally I don't think we're going to see another Indy game for a long time. At least another 4-5 years. If the 5th film kick starts soon (which, again, I doubt) MAYBE we'll get on around then.

Col. Jones

I have to agree with all the pessimistic posts here. There is always a gap of 3 to 6 years between games, and then theres the fact that LucasArts will always choose Star Wars over Indy. Star Wars fans always have a constant supply of games while we're left high and dry.