The Official Trailer Thread

IrishLuck1980

After watching this teaser again for the umpteenth time, I am guessing the Warehouse scene is actually at the beginning of the movie. Just a guess.

eshine

The bootleg version that people where crying about yesterday does absolutely no justice...

This film looks absolutely beautiful - and I think concerns about CGI can basically be put to bed.

This movie is gonna rock...

And while she isn't featured prominantly in this teaser - it is wonderful to see Karen Allen in the thick of all the action. I was so afraid she was gonna make a breif cameo - obviously not the case!

:)

nitzsche

I'm quite sure it's in the beginning. I think this will be the first time Indy and Spalko meet and it will set up the competition for the rest of the film.

IrishLuck1980

nitzsche said:
I'm quite sure it's in the beginning. I think this will be the first time Indy and Spalko meet and it will set up the competition for the rest of the film.

Exactly. I bet the Soviets are after the Ark, kidnap Indy to help, he fights back and somehow the Ark is either destroyed or something. And during the whole Warehouse scene, Spalko discovers the crate labeled Roswell, NM and that leads to the main plot. And when it comes to John Hurt, if he is Abner, I would imagine the Nazis abducted him during Raiders, got all the info they could on him, then shipped him to a Concentration Camp which was then liberated by the Soviets who discovered the Ark Project in Germany and then used Abner to find where the Ark is now. Which would lead to Indy and Marions connection.

Billy Ray

Awesome trailer! Can't wait for May 22!!!

Does anyone happen to have a direct link to the non HD version? I'd like to save the trailer to my computer, but the HD versions don't run on my ancient relic of a PC:(

Canyon

Luckylighter said:
I haven't posted here in about three years, mostly because of the direction my life took in the summer of 2005 (lost the girl I THOUGHT was the girl of my dreams, only to actually find the real girl of my dreams...but that's another story). I still maintained my love and enthusiasm for this franchise, and continued to dress as Dr. Jones for Halloween.

However, after seeing that trailer, I just had to come here, see what others were saying about it, and add my own, "Wowie wow wow!"

I love all that awesome whip swingin' action! And I cannot wait for May 22!

Viva la Indy!

Lucky, darling, you have returned! How are you, sweetheart? :D

Luckylighter

Canyon said:
Lucky, darling, you have returned! How are you, sweetheart? :D

I'm doing great, Canyon my dear! :hat:

I have a new job, a new apartment, and there's a new Indy movie coming out in three months! Things really couldn't get any better. :D

By the way, anyone notice in that over the shoulder shot of Indy with the bazooka, you can see something coming at them? Based on the Lego playsets, I'm venturing a guess that that's one of the rotating blades from the tree cutter vehicle.

Can we get a screen cap of that?

Ste2652

I'm pretty sure it's a car bursting though the crates. If you look carefully you can see the headlights.

Also, an interesting little snippet... on the official site it refers to this as the "first trailer" and "Trailer 1" - does that mean we might see one or two more before the release date?

AHegele

IrishLuck1980 said:
Exactly. I bet the Soviets are after the Ark, kidnap Indy to help, he fights back and somehow the Ark is either destroyed or something. And during the whole Warehouse scene, Spalko discovers the crate labeled Roswell, NM and that leads to the main plot. And when it comes to John Hurt, if he is Abner, I would imagine the Nazis abducted him during Raiders, got all the info they could on him, then shipped him to a Concentration Camp which was then liberated by the Soviets who discovered the Ark Project in Germany and then used Abner to find where the Ark is now. Which would lead to Indy and Marions connection.

thats a hell of a damn good theory.

drwynn

IrishLuck1980 said:

Wow! :hat:

That's some thorough...uh...speculating/theorizing. Makes a lot of sense too!...

Last edited:

unklejman

IrishLuck1980 said:
Quicktime HD sucks. I can't wait for a x264 or WMVHD.

Lol what? H.264 is H.264 is H.264. Quicktime is just a container file. QT H.264 is virtually the same thing as x264.

NoCamels

IrishLuck1980 said:

That is a good theory- makes sense too.

I wish I hadn't forgotten to bring my headphones to work today- I'll have to wait until tonight to watch the trailer with sound (no speakers here). Looks good, though (y) (y) and I can't wait!

ElodieJones

I really love this trailer !!!
And I had the patience to wait the HD version ;)

That's just GREAT (y)
The music in the begining is beautiful !
The Mayas subject was what I wanted !
And there is humour, that's very important !!!

Now I can't wait to see the whole movie !!!!!!!!!

Tyger Cheex

Luckylighter said:
Can we get a screen cap of that?

treecutter.jpg

DaveTheHutt

At first, I was a little dumbfounded by this trailer - I think I was having trouble processing the fact that this was REAL footage of a NEW Indy movie.

But I've watched it five or six times now, and every time I'm getting more and more excited.

It looks great (yes, there's some CGI but that's to be expected and I don't have a problem so long as it's not Star Wars style overkill), there's a ton of whip action (yay!), Harrison's still got it and I love the jungle setting.

To all those saying it looks too plastic, well, that's watching it on a PC for ya - HD video on an LCD always look a little 'synthetic' - see it on the big screen with a bit of grain in the film, and I'm confident this'll look awesome.

The only thing I really don't like is that music at the start - but I suppose they wanted to save the Raiders theme kicker for Indy's appearance.

Rhys135

Love it. Have watched it about 30 times allready. :D

Music at the start was fantastic and the car chase in the warehouse made me shout 'OMG' very loud!

I'm starting to find Cate Blanchett's character very attractive also :p

sunshinestate1992

Sankara said:
I hope there is not so much CGI in the finished movie. Let's pray... too much CGI (like in the Trailer) and and this movie is doomed.
wtf get over it
it was the best

you are way to nitpicky, even if its something u lo vve
u need to stop poking holes in everything!