French comic and book title translations...

lightsyder

I ran these through yahoo!'s translator but I'm not sure if they look right. Can anyone on here confirm whether these are correct or not?

Indiana Jones et les Bédouins de la Mer --- Indiana Jones and Bedouins of the Sea
Indiana Jones et les Bidiouns de la Mer --- Indiana Jones and Bidiouns of the Sea
Indiana Jones Jr et la Météorite Sacrée --- Indiana Jones Jr and the Meteorite Crowned
Indiana Jones Jr et le Triangle des Bermudes --- Indiana Jones Jr and the Bermuda Triangle
Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril --- Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Danger

I guess the first two are supposed to be the same comic? I had read that the second one was an unreleased comic and the first was released but I guess they might be the same after all.

Any one know what these are about? I don't think the wiki has summaries on these ones.

And yes, I know the last one if the theme park ride. :hat: Did it have an accompanying storyline?

Junior Jones

lightsyder said:
Indiana Jones et les Bédouins de la Mer --- Indiana Jones and Bedouins of the Sea
Indiana Jones et les Bidiouns de la Mer --- Indiana Jones and Bidiouns of the Sea
Indiana Jones Jr et la Météorite Sacrée --- Indiana Jones Jr and the Meteorite Crowned
Indiana Jones Jr et le Triangle des Bermudes --- Indiana Jones Jr and the Bermuda Triangle
Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril --- Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Danger

Bagheera published three Indiana Jones comics in French. Bédouins de la Mer was the fourth title, but it was never published.

Hachette Livre published seven original Young Indiana Jones books in French. La Météorite Sacrée and le Triangle des Bermudes are two of them.

Temple du Péril is the theme park ride in Disneyland Paris. There's no story line (as far as I know). It's just a rollercoaster with jungle theming.

Stoo

lightsyder said:
I ran these through yahoo!'s translator but I'm not sure if they look right. Can anyone on here confirm whether these are correct or not?

More appropriately:
Indiana Jones Jr. and the Sacred Meteorite
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril

(Additionally, another book, Indiana Jones Jr. et l'Ampoule Radioactive is often mistranslated as:
...and the Radioactive Ampoule when it should be ...Radioactive Bulb.)

lightsyder said:
Any one know what these are about? I don't think the wiki has summaries on these ones.

And yes, I know the last one if the theme park ride. :hat: Did it have an accompanying storyline?
Unfortunately, the Literature section of TheRaider.net is inaccessible right now but here's a thread with loads of info.

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=9220

lightsyder said:
http://raven.theraider.net/archive/i...p/t-11120.html
Awesome find, lightsyder! Thanks for posting that link.(y)

Junior Jones said:
Temple du Péril is the theme park ride in Disneyland Paris. There's no story line (as far as I know). It's just a rollercoaster with jungle theming.
No story, no thrills, no fun. The coasters look like 2 mine cars attached together
and there are a few tents and Willys jeeps in the line-up. What a lame ride!(n)