General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

emtiem

I don't see a problem- Indy is a supposed to be pulp adventure: I could imagine him going in a pulp horror vein; like a Hammer film. Vampires, a big castle in Transalvania... why not? A zombie army, perhaps Jason and the Argonauts-style skeletons... I don't mind- keep on moving Indy somewhere new.

bergstrom

caats said:
what if Lucas wanted zombies

"'Cause this Is Thriller, Diller Night
and No-ones Gonna Save You from the Beast about Strike.
You Know its Thriller, chiller Night
You're fighting for Your Life inside a Killer, Thriller."

I'd like to see JW work the Indy theme around that! LOL

Ray Hare

Indy 5 My Story

Hi Everyone
I read on the net that Lucas has been thinking of a 5th where he searches for the True Cross of Christ..I have started my own screen play which I think the fans will love and I think it will really work..so I need some feedback its called Indiana Jones and the Sacred Relic. Here's a snippet Himalaya 1959.. Exterior: Ghengis Khan tomb the wind is bellowing and the snow is falling. Four men battle the blizzard. One seems to direct the other pack laden men. The leader wears the all too familiar fedora.
Guys that is all I am writing..but it involves the Chinese, the British and the Americans in a quest to find the ultimate relic. I have gots heaps and as Indy would say 'trust me' :)

IndyFan89

emtiem said:
I don't see a problem- Indy is a supposed to be pulp adventure: I could imagine him going in a pulp horror vein; like a Hammer film. Vampires, a big castle in Transalvania... why not? A zombie army, perhaps Jason and the Argonauts-style skeletons... I don't mind- keep on moving Indy somewhere new.

Lucas could bring back his Haunted Mansion idea. :rolleyes:

IndyJess said:
I think Lucas should further develop the Crystal Skull theme in Indy 5.

Each Indy adventure are all very independent and different from one another.

Raiders, TOD, LC, and KOCS all have different developments centering around one character "Indiana Jones", so expect something totally different from the other films. (y)

caats

an ending that would make me happy would be this:

think of like the end town in Temple of Doom and when Indy used the whip Willie. i think it'd be great if the love interest was for Mutt, and he did the whip thing on the girl(i vote natalie portman), and she says something like

"where'd you learn that?"
"my dad taught me"
*kiss+romantic score, changes into the classic raiders march as the camera goes up on a hill behind Indy's head where he gazes down while leaning next to a building/tree. he smirks and turns around and walks down the other side of the hill into the sun(like the sunset in LC) so we just see his silhouette. i would prob cry.

IndyJr.

caats said:

think of like the end town in Temple of Doom and when Indy used the whip Willie. i think it'd be great if the love interest was for Mutt, and he did the whip thing on the girl(i vote natalie portman), and she says something like

"my dad taught me"
*kiss+romantic score, changes into the classic raiders march as the camera goes up on a hill behind Indy's head where he gazes down while leaning next to a building/tree. he smirks and turns around and walks down the other side of the hill into the sun(like the sunset in LC) so we just see his silhouette. i would prob cry.

That actually sounds pretty nice... only problem... let's reserve that ending for Indiana Jones 6! Harrison has a good ten years left, as Steven put it. That's enough time to get 3 films in if they do 3 per every three years! 4 if they do them every two years! I vote a good series-ending number... 6... They're are still many places Indy can go and many things Indy can do... I say they do an Emperor's Tomb type film for Indy V (decannonizing the video game) and do King Arthur's Sword for Indy 6.

The writers need to come up with a better villain. Irina Spalko was not scary or threatening when compared to other bad guys in the previous films. I'd also like to see a beautiful young woman that Indy has an affair with.

IndyFan89

Ironman 2 already has a release year 2010.

When do you think we'll get Indy 5? Summer 2010, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15?
caats said:

"my dad taught me"

Very good my friend, exelent ending!

Allthough, I think Indy should probably mount a horse then ride away alone or with Shorty, Marion(hope not), or Sallah.

I know, I know, it's just like LC but there is really no better series ending than LC and for some reason I think every Indy film needs a horse.

I missed that in KOCS.

tastethecourage

IMO....

I think the absolute latest Indy 5 could be released would be 2012, meaning it would be filmed in 2011. If it isn't filmed by 2011, then I think you can scrap Indy 5. There is no way a 70 year old Harrison Ford is going to be Indy in a leading role.

My guess is that if it's going to happen, it will be released in 2011, being filmed in 2010. Lucas & Spielberg have exactly one year (two absolute max) to pull together a good screenplay to end the series. I hope they can do it.

IndyFan89

To add to Caats' ending, Indy could loose his hat sometime close to the end of the movie. Here I will explain.

Everybody is celebrating they're victory. Mutt turns to (blank) and holds her in his arms.

(blank)
I'm glad thats over, I've had enough adventure to last me a life time.

Mutt
I don't know, anything could happen, It's a long way back to marshall college.

(blank) breaks his grip.

(blank)
Oh no you don't, I'm going strait home, where they never make you sleep on the floor and you always have a hot meal!

She start to walk away shouting, and causing a fuss.

(blank)
And if you think I'm going home with you, you're nuts!

CRACK, Indy's whip grips (blank) by the waist, only Mutt is holding it now. He slowly pulls her in close into his arms.

(blank)
Where'd you learn that?

Mutt
My dad taught me...

DOLLY OUT over the hill to reveal Indy, with out his hat, smiling at his son.

A gust of wind picks up distracting him for a second, Indy's beloved brown fedora, is carried by the wind to his feet.

He reaches down picks it up and places it on his head. Behind him two horses are waiting, He mounts his white horse.

Shorty
Where we go now Indy?

Indy
Wherever the wind takes us Shorty.

Shorty
I told you not to call me that "Junior"!

Indy lets out a burst of laughter as he whips his horse speading off.

Indy and Shorty ride off into the sunset.

FADE TO BLACK

END

bergstrom

Another hypothetical to follow my "who COULD script Indy 5".

The cinematographer? If Janusz Kamiński opted out, who could replace him?

Berg

IndyFan89

bergstrom said:
Another hypothetical to follow my "who COULD script Indy 5".

The cinematographer? If Janusz Kamiński opted out, who could replace him?

Berg

I might of missed it but, why would he be opted out?

After watching KOCS a couple more times, I've grown fond of the Cinematography. It seems Kamiński was trying to give the film a "50's movie glow" as I'm calling it. Watch some old Hitchcock movies like Vertigo or North by Northwest, or even the naked jungle and you'll understand what I mean.

I loved his work on Saving Private Ryan and on KOCS, probably not War of the Worlds though.

I want to try and get that same glow for my new short film.

Don't throw to many tomatoes at me. :hat: