General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

deckard24

Wow man... keep it coming! I particularly like the Willow scene with the shield, don't know if that was what you were going for but it works!

sandiegojones

deckard24 said:
Wow man... keep it coming! I particularly like the Willow scene with the shield, don't know if that was what you were going for but it works!
I am actually listening to the Willow soundtrack as we speak (or type). I wanted a snow slope chase and then it kind of gravitaed towards Willow. I almost wanted to put in Indy & Mutt rolling in the snow to make a giant snowball! Willow is a totally underrated film!

I have to go home so I won't be able to post for about another hour, but I do have a twist. I think the photos help envision the story too. I should have put one in for the "lion gate" in Mycenae, but I'll post it here:

liongate.jpg

sandiegojones

Okay, here is the finale to Indiana Jones and the Lord of the Abyss.

Part 4:

Indy and Mutt have escaped from the Russians at Mt. Olympus and have departed from the Greek coastal city of Volos to find the lost City of Troy where they hope to find the Trident of Poseidon.

129672231_3d08246ad5.jpg

As Indy & Mutt sail east to Turkey in search of Troy, they notice dark clouds in the distance and an approaching storm. As they look west to admire a beautiful sunset over the Mediterranean they notice a medium sized cruise ship heading in their direction. Fearing that it is Ivan, Natalya and the other Russians, Indy & Mutt drop their sails and turn on the motor and head into the storm hoping avoid capture and make it to Troy.

storm018.jpg

As a thunderous storm begins, the Russian ship continues to approach Indy and Mutt. The waves grow larger and the howling wind and thunder is deafening. As the Russians come closer they begin firing at Indy's boat. Then, a large wave crashes onto Indy's boat and Indy is thrown overboard into the water. As Indy struggles to remain afloat he sees the fin of a shark circling him!

As Mutt tries to rescue his father, Ivan hits Mutt with a bullet in his right shoulder and he falls overboard too. Indy yells for Mutt and then a bolt of lightning strikes the mast of Indy's boat and it is ripped in two and begins to sink. Indy yells to Ivan and Natalya to please help Mutt. Both Indy and Mutt are brought about the Russian ship. As Indy and Mutt (bleeding from his wound) are laid on the deck, Indy looks at Natalya and says "Why? Why are you doing this? He cared for you. What do you hope to gain? Even if the myth is true, you cannot control the power of the Gods, believe me, I know!". At that moment, Natalya looks at Ivan and then has two soldiers stand up Mutt.

As she approaches Mutt she looks at Indy and says "What will we gain Dr. Jones? We will gain the world, but you....you will lose your son!" At that moment she pushes the wounded Mutt over the side of the ship into the sea. As Indy screams and attempts to leap at Mutt, he is hit in the head with the handle of a soldiers rifle.

As Indy awakens, it is dawn and the ship has arrived along the Turkish coast at the site of the ancient city of Troy.

2766268326_ff9c37eea7.jpg

hpim1373.jpg

Indy is taken off the ship by Russian soldiers and brought to the beach of the city. There, Ivan tells Indy that he will locate the holy temple where the Trident resides or that he will suffer a similar fate to that of his son. Indy says "Oh, I can't wait until you have that Trident in your hands" (knowing full well after 4 films what happens to those that seek power).

Indy, Ivan, Natalya and 3 soldiers head into the city. Indy recalls the map from the temple on Mt. Olympus and believes the temple would be located northwest corner of the city. There Indy, finds an entrance to a dark chamber that should be where the map housed the Trident. As Indy heads in he hears a noise, a "ch, ch, ch" sound. Indy, realizing what that is says "Snakes, why does it ALWAYS have to be snakes!"

As Indy and the rest slowly enter the temple with torches in hand, they notice that they cannot see the snakes even though they can be heard. As they all enter the temple chamber they see a large gold statue of Poseidon and in it's hand is the Trident of the "Lord of the Abyss". As the Trident is taken from the statues hand, a small rumble shakes the ground. Fearing that the temple would cave in they all try to escape but as the attempt to leave, cracks open up in the ceiling and poisonous snakes rain down upon them. Indy punches a soldier and makes for the exit. Another soldier and Ivan make for the exit too the soldier gets a snake right on his neck and it bites him in the throat. As Natalya attempts to escape, her torch goes out and she trips over the dead soldier. In darkness we hear the snakes "phft, phft, phft" and a loud scream as Natalya meats her doom.

As Ivan makes for the ship, Indy tackles him and Ivan drops the Trident. Indy and Ivan then proceed to have a fist fight on the beach as the ancient city crumbles behind them. Indy being a bit old is beaten by Ivan. As Indy lies there beaten, Ivan grabs the Trident to strike him down. At that moment a dark cloud forms above the city and a bolt of lightning strikes the Trident in Ivan's hand, causing him catch fire and char. Then a large wave rises from the sea over him. We hear a monstrous roar and the water crashes down on him and he is sucked into the sea (suggesting the sea monster of Poseidon pulled him into the ocean).

As the large wave rolls back into the Mediterranean, the rip tide comes back up to the beach and with it Mutt washes ashore (divine intervention?). Indy runs down to him and to his surprise he is alive! Indy says to Mutt "I thought I'd lost you boy!". Then Mutt, disheveled and damp and squinting in the sunlight says "I thought you did to Dad!" and the scene fades to black.

Then we cut back to a boat in the Mediterranean. Out comes Marion with drinks in her hand who says "Ah, Greece! We never did get to go on a Honeymoon! I've always wanted to see Greece." Then as Indy, Marion & Mutt share a toast to another successful adventure, a Greek cutie on another boat gives Mutt a little wink. Mutt takes off his shirt and stands on the edge of the boat and Indy says "where you going?". Mutt says "another adventure" and dives into the water towards the other boat. Indy and Marion kiss and the credits roll with a Greek skyline in the background.

santorini2a.jpg

sandiegojones

Sorry if there are any grammatical errors in the story. It's too late to edit. I tried to get in snakes, a fist fight and death by macguffin all in the end. Hope you like it!

the ox

cool story! goes to show - though lucas struggles to find a "macguffin" that works ... they're out there! a lot of them!

sandiegojones

Hardy, har, har! :p

Given the year my story takes place I couldn't ignore him (even though I kept Marion pretty much out of it), but did find out a way to get him out of the finale so Indy is alone (which is what people complained about for KOTCS).

the ox

i thought it was a good balance - he was obviously the sidekick. IF they make another it is probably gonna be the "family" adventure again. which is why i say they call it quits!:D

sandiegojones

the ox said:
i thought it was a good balance - he was obviously the sidekick. IF they make another it is probably gonna be the "family" adventure again. which is why i say they call it quits!:D
I do have an idea which takes place in 1955 (2 years before KOTCS) which would eliminate Marion & Mutt. It has Indy in Brazil and Nazi SS war criminals ("ODESSA" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ODESSA). I'm still fleshing out the artifact though.

sandiegojones

Well, now that I got my Greek Myth story out of my system how about a story by committee?

I have the villains (Nazi SS in hiding) and I have an idea for an opening action scene in Brazil (which is where some of the Nazis were hiding).

My idea is that it's 1955 and it's been 10 years since the Nazis lost WWII. They are seeking an artifact that will give them power so they can return to Germany and prove that they are of a supreme race.

I've been toying with the Norse myth since deckard24 brought it up and because it was the predominant Pagan religion in Germany. I thought that the Norse Gods would fit even if in some ways they are similar to Greek Gods. I also thought I could somehow use the Nazis search for the swastika as the macguffin. Nazi archaeologists did travel the globe to try and connect their beliefs to an ancient master race through the swastika.

After doing some research, I read that there is a belief that the pre-Roman Germanic peoples may have used the swastika as a symbol for the "Hammer of Thor".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika#Germanic

It all ties together!

I scoffed at the idea before (sorry deckard24), but after seeing the swastika link I like it. Having a secret society of Nazi SS soldiers attempting to return to Germany to reclaim their lands and connect their race to the mighty Norse Gods by obtaining the Mjolnir is interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mjolnir

I figure the film could could take us from, South America where the Nazis are hiding and known to operate from, then to Coppenhagen, Denmark and in the finale to Sweden or Norway where the Norsemen were known to have last settled.

the ox

i say start the movie while indy is on extended leave from university - in the snowy mountains of WY - with beard a la "young indy blues episode" ...

deckard24

Good stuff Sandiegojones!!:hat:

My only issue is there's no real German Mechanic/Giant Thuggee Guard/Vogel/Dovchenko character, and there's gotta be at least one per film!!

sandiegojones

deckard24 said:
Good stuff Sandiegojones!!:hat:

My only issue is there's no real German Mechanic/Giant Thuggee Guard/Vogel/Dovchenko character, and there's gotta be at least one per film!!
My Ivan character is like the German mechanic and Vogel in one. Think of him almost being like Dolph Lungren in Rocky IV. I also made Natalya a real b!tch!

deckard24

sandiegojones said:
My Ivan character is like the German mechanic and Vogel in one. Think of him almost being like Dolph Lungren in Rocky IV. I also made Natalya a real b!tch!
Yeah he seemed to be similar in some respects, but I thought of him more like a Belloq or Donovan character! Natalya reminded me of Elsa and Mac.

Sandiegojones, nice job!!(y) I was wondering, with your permission, If I could edit you Greek mythology story and add some more ideas and incorporate both of our stories. Would it be cool with you? I would like to post the final version on this board if you allow me and I'll definently put your name in the Screenplay!!:gun:

sandiegojones

deckard24 said:
Yeah he seemed to be similar in some respects, but I thought of him more like a Belloq or Donovan character! Natalya reminded me of Elsa and Mac.
Natalya is kind of like Elsa to start with, but then is kinda more like Spalko, just younger. Elsa actually liked Indy and was someone the audience was sympathetic to. Natalya is a straight evil b!tch that you hope dies in the end!

I kind of stayed away from having a main villain and a henchman and a rival to Indy so I just went straight for the villain/henchman/rival combo in Ivan and eliminated the love interest for Indy (except for the brief appearance of Marion). The logical step was to have the woman be for Mutt and I created a girl who is a villainous sidekick. I tried not to add too many characters.

I also tried to stay with the Indy formula, but not too close. I brought back the idea that the opening adventure is not tied to the rest of the film and put the largest action scene in the middle. The snakes, fist fight and grisly death all happen at the end rather than having the bugs/rodent scene and fight near the middle of the story.

Indyfan4ever, do whatever you want. My story is not copyrighted and I left some details out so feel free to extrapolate!

Thank you. I started putting in a few of my scenes and adding more details to yours. I also added some more traps and challenges before they arrive at the temple of poseidon. I've been editting and add things all day at school:p But I hope to have it up by tomorrow!!