Batkid Begins

great stuff! but in reality, San Francisco progressivism would never allow Batman's rampant vigilantism, screaming "civil rights violation" at every wrong righted. I hope that kid didn't break the Riddler's arm in the apprehension for his sake.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
featofstrength said:
I hope that kid didn't break the Riddler's arm in the apprehension for his sake.
Or tackle some innocent bystander wearing a green unitard.

kongisking

This was a really wonderful story. It's these kinds of elaborate acts of kindness for such tragedy-stricken people that lift my spirits even if in one of my fouler moods. Batkid has a fan in me, for sure. :cool:

Pale Horse

Staff member
I have mixed feelings on this, especially after reading the following.

Do I celebrate Miles and his life, and say f-it to the misquide attention seekers which is more in line with my own personal belief system, or do I call out the players of this agenda driven stunt. I mean really, that's a lot of money that could have been used to help and comfort the countless other children with leukemia in the Bay area.

That dilemma being said...you go Miles. F cancer and yes roundshort, a batman character that indeed did something positive for his city, with no ego involved. A pox on all who would choose to exploit that. Miles is indeed the the hero we deserve, but not the one we can be accountable to right now.

roundshort

Pale, I am going to actually bring another point. The $105,000 is not that big of a price tag, as the people who came to show support filled the city and people actually spent valuable dollars to local businesses. Many merchants have said it was a better day for retail and F7B than any day of the America's cup, which cost the city of SF tons more.

With that being said, is anything done just for the good any more? Always some marketing motive. Or am I being too cynical?

Pale Horse

Staff member
roundshort said:
Many merchants have said it was a better day for retail and F7B than any day of the America's cup, which cost the city of SF tons more.

With that being said, is anything done just for the good any more? Always some marketing motive. Or am I being too cynical?

No, I hear you and I too suffer from cynicism brought on through the unscrupulous means of marketing. (not all marketing is bad, but we could sure use a detox from it, to be sure).

But seeing how the local economy benefited from it (something that was not promoted/reported in the media outside of the bay area)...I will throw my hat into the "this was an all around good thing" and view the class as half full!

No more hate or cynicism from me on this matter. Go Miles!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
How could any supermodel say no to riding shotgun with a boy who may never see his prom?

40_pics.jpg

Pale Horse

Staff member
As one who lives in Dodger territory (though I'm an Angels fan)

He's the pitcher San Francisco needs, but not right now:

2O62h0J.jpg