Possibility of Sideshow Toys or Neca making future Indy collectibles?

deckard24

Hey everyone, I'm a new addition to The Raven, and like many of you have been hoping for some time for new Indy collectibles. Since the confirmation of a new movie in the not too distant future, I'm eagerly :whip: anticipating some new merchandise as 08 gets closer. With the amazing work being done at Sideshow Toys with the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings 12 inch figure line, I've been wondering if Lucasfilm will give the okay for an Indy Line. Between Sideshow and Neca with their 12 and 18 inch figures, I'm really hoping, that we will finally get a figure that will do Indy some justice. The Toy's Mcoy figure is great, but it's about time Indy got an upgrade! What do you all think?

zoid2323

Sideshow Indy.

I'm with you on that.I'll take a 12" but I would prefer the 1/4 scale figure(more detail ya know!)I already have the 1/4 scale Han but I would LOVE an INDY Sideshow figure!!!

rdeanstarr

Figures

Totally agree with you on that! With the bulk of Indy collectibles now produced for Disney, and most of not all of those stateside now out of print or difficult to get unless you live near Walt Disney World, I'd welcome many more Indy items. I'm sure I'll have to auction off one of my legs in order to afford some of the Indy 4 crew items that will pop up on eBay in the future, though. Oh, well, knowing Lucasfilm's penchant for merchandising, maybe I'll be able to get an Indiana Jones-themed prosthesis in 2008! :eek:

deckard24

Have you both seen the 18'' epic scale Lord of the Rings figure line by Neca. Now they don't have the options of a sideshow figure(all removable clothes and poseability), but the likenesses are awesome, and the attention to detail is amazing.Some of the parts move like arms, head, and legs, as well as hats that come off, bags, and weapons. It would be pretty cool to see them make an Indy in that scale, complete with removable whip, pistol, and hat. They also say clips from the movies which is a neat feature, but can get pretty old since they are motion sensitive. Gandalf said, "You shall not pass!", one too many times, and got shut off! Check them out if you haven't seen them at www.necaonline.com, I'm sure you'll appreciate their work.

rdeanstarr

Figures

The do have great stuff, it will be interesting to see how the Cinemaquette figure goes over when it's finally released.

deckard24

That cinemaquette statue looks pretty amazing, unfortunately the price tag I believe is well over $1000! The limited number, plus the materials is gonna make the price skyrocket. At least with Neca and Sideshow we're talking a $35 to $70 price range, way more affordable. Rdeanstarr, what do you collect from the Indy line or others?

rdeanstarr

Cinemaquette

Where did you get pricing from? My understanding was that it would be in the $200-300 range. I think $1,000 is way too much, nice or not. I wouldn't spend that (he says now).:mad:

deckard24

On the website www.allmoviereplicas.com, they have several of the Terminator line cinemaquette statues for between $1000 and $1500! I don't know if Indy will be that much, but I'm guessing if an Arnie statue can go for $1200, than Indy should eaily get as much. Still that's way out of my league financially, for a collectible right now.

rdeanstarr

Cinemaquette

Well, to me that's kind of a crazy price. As much as I like Indy, unless I came into some serious cash in a hurry, I don't think I'd buy that. Just too much.(n)

zoid2323

Sideshow Indy

Yup,Ive been to the all movie site They & are pricey.I obviously would prefer Sideshow get the Indy License.The best thing about Sideshow is you can usually get their stuff @ a pretty good discount from dealers or on EBay.People usually save at least $100 off MSRP on 24" Sideshow products.If you can live without the exclusive;)

Rae-deemer

zoid2323 said:
I'm with you on that.I'll take a 12" but I would prefer the 1/4 scale figure(more detail ya know!)I already have the 1/4 scale Han but I would LOVE an INDY Sideshow figure!!!

I know Clinton's wife would prefer 12" but she gets 2.5" instead.

My understanding from the president of Cinemaquette is that the price will be around $1,500. And while I don't dispute the price is not for the casual collector this piece has to be seen in person to fully appreciate it. I saw it first hand at SDCC 2006 and it is amazing (as is all their other pieces).

When you start having hand-stiched hair used and all the costumes painstakingly sewn by hand you have to expect a higher SRP. They figure they can produce approx. 20 units a month. That makes these pretty tough to get (quickly).

In coming months I'm going to try and secure a small quantity to sell at a reduced pricing for loyal Indy fans through my site.

In closing - wait to see the finished product. I've seen more recent pictures of the piece as it's being developed and it will be well worth the wait!

rdeanstarr

Figure

Again, no disputing in ANY way that they put a lot into the figure. But $1,500 is just high, by any standard. I would be reluctant to pay that for a detailed model, say the Millennium Falcon (which goes for quite a big higher from another manufacturer), much less Indy. Hey, love the character, but I could buy HARRISON FORD for that much cash. (y)

That said, as my finances improve through 2007, I'll probably buy it. I just to in a bad car crash tonight, as I mentioned on another thread, so I'm sure the repercussions from that will seriously cramp my style in the new year.(n)

zoid2323

Bruno said:
And while I don't dispute the price is not for the casual collector this piece has to be seen in person to fully appreciate it.

I guess I'll have to wait to see it in person to see if its worth the $$.I have bought high end statues & replicas in the past.So if it knocks my socks off,I may have to reconsider.

I knew about this product before attending SDCC. I have to say I was the first to cry "no way in h*ll"!

After I saw it live and in person - I was floored. I went from refusing to spend that kind of money to "what sacrifices will I HAVE to make to add this to my collection".

The newer shots I've seen are even better than what I saw 6 months ago.

I'm working with Cinemaquette so that I might offer these to loyal readers at a special price. I'll report more when I have something concrete.

-les

Katarn07

Vlad Dracula said:
The Sideshow and NECA stuff is too hard and find and expensive. I'd rather Hasbro make a new 12 inch Indy.

Too hard to find? Go to their websites. sideshowtoy.com! I'm all for Hasbro making cheaper ones for kids and collectors not willing to fork over $40 per figure. That said, I still would love Sideshow to get this license. I still have my fingers crossed that they continue the Planet of the Apes line.