The All Things Alien Thread

commontone

Dulce

There's been a lot of speculation over whether the New Mexico filming will represent Area 51 or Nellis AFB, and if the "Ark warehouse" is located there.

I don't recall seeing any mention of Dulce, New Mexico. There is another popular conspiracy theory that says there is a large secret underground military base in the area of Dulce. Furthermore this is supposed to be an alien research center, where on the lowest levels aliens roam free in a controlled habitat.

This is worth mentioning because the ark warehouse seems like an underground kind of place; the film at this point almost surely involves aliens; and we know part of the film takes place in New Mexico. Dulce seems like as good a contender, if not better than Area 51 for the story.

commontone

WillKill4Food said:
Too bad most people have never heard of Dulce...

How many people had heard of the Well of Souls when Raiders came out? But it's an actual legend you can look up if you want. Dulce is the same thing.

Dr. Gonzo

Well I think a spoiler was found on the back of the new Russian soldier toy on the back it says someting like "...from the desert of nevada, to the jungles of south america..." Im not sure where nellis air force base is, but I do know that they say Area 51 is located in the "desert of Nevada." Check out the back of the soldiers packaging for yourselves.

Burke

Dr. Gonzo said:
Well I think a spoiler was found on the back of the new Russian soldier toy on the back it says someting like "...from the desert of nevada, to the jungles of south america..." Im not sure where nellis air force base is, but I do know that they say Area 51 is located in the "desert of Nevada." Check out the back of the soldiers packaging for yourselves.

Considering the location, maybe they should have put this on the back:

"From the high desert and the great American Southwest, I bid you all good evening and good morning or whatever the case may be..."

indyt

commontone said:
How many people had heard of the Well of Souls when Raiders came out? But it's an actual legend you can look up if you want. Dulce is the same thing.

Actually the well of souls is real. It is under the rock in the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem.

adventure_al

i really hope there is absolutely nothing to do with aliens in it. everyone seems convinced there is but im holding out hope. im saving myself for the actual release

WillKill4Food

indyt said:
Actually the well of souls is real. It is under the rock in the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem.
He's right. I already knew that the Well of Souls is real, but like ^ said, it's not in Egypt.
All I'm saying is that Dulce is rather obscure and, although it might be an awesome alternative to Area 51 and could improve the story if that is the place, I don't think that this warehouse is Dulce, just because Lucas and Stephen probably want to incorporate the familiar alien legend into the film to make it more familiar.

xVendetta17x

adventure_al said:
i really hope there is absolutely nothing to do with aliens in it. everyone seems convinced there is but im holding out hope. im saving myself for the actual release

A lot of the alien theme has been generated by fans not solid info we've recieved from the film
Either why the movie's going to be brilliant

OmegaSeamaster

Who thinks the temple will blast off into outer space at the end of the film? In the trailer it looks like Indy and the rest of his merry band are running down the pyramid steps with all these Ugha warriors also panicking and running.

I'm thinking some mechanism activates in the temple that starts the blastoff...kind of like how stealing One Eyed Willy's treasure in "The Goonies" sent his ship off into the ocean.

xVendetta17x

OmegaSeamaster said:
Who thinks the temple will blast off into outer space at the end of the film? In the trailer it looks like Indy and the rest of his merry band are running down the pyramid steps with all these Ugha warriors also panicking and running.

I'm thinking some mechanism activates in the temple that starts the blastoff...kind of like how stealing One Eyed Willy's treasure in "The Goonies" sent his ship off into the ocean.
I think that would be lame
And it as already in one of the proposed scripts that were turned down, probably that being one of the reasons
And they're chasing them, not running out in a panic

cdatkins

OmegaSeamaster said:

I think it's possible that part of the temple may fly off.

I also think it's possible that the temple could set off some form of energy, explode, etc.

peruboy

cdatkins said:
I think it's possible that part of the temple may fly off.

I also think it's possible that the temple could set off some form of energy, explode, etc.

That reminds me the ending of Stargate (the movie).