Who else thinks Twilight sucks?

Hans

RedeemedChild said:
The Volturi are like the Medici. Has anyone else noticed that New Moon looks a lot like Prisoner of Azkaban with a bit of The Two Towers tossed in? BTW The Two Tower's aired on TNT yesterday.

Anyway New Moon is going to be incredible. I'm looking forward to this!

First off my man i can't believe you are standing up for twlight :0 it is boring come on a vampire and teenage pregency come on dude:( But then again you wanted zack efroin for green lantern:(

Agent Crab

RedeemedChild said:
LOL. Your attempt to make fans of a morally uplifting saga that has it's origins in the Garden of Eden failed. Your image link worketh not my friend. Better try again.

So says the boy who said Naruto was a Landmark anime.

The image is form Harry and the Hendersons.

Dr Bones

RedeemedChild said:
LOL. Your attempt to make fans of a morally uplifting saga that has it's origins in the Garden of Eden failed. Your image link worketh not my friend. Better try again.

This thread got interesting.

Please excuse my ignorance but in what way does it have origins in the garden of eden?...I have no idea as I have not seen it and am genuinely curious as to what this means.

I would have thought many Judeo-Christian faiths could find this concept offensive...

I am reminded of the kind of stink that some kicked up over kids watching Harry Potter being akin to devil worhsip or wtichcraft... against their religious teachings, many even calling for it to be banned.

I wouldn't have thought "morally uplifting" would apply to vampire/werewolf movies.

Agent Crab

Dr Bones said:
This thread got interesting.

Please excuse my ignorance but in what way does it have origins in the garden of eden?...I have no idea as I have not seen it and am genuinely curious as to what this means.

I would have thought many Judeo-Christian faiths could find this concept offensive...

I am reminded of the kind of stink that some kicked up over kids watching Harry Potter being akin to devil worhsip or wtichcraft... against their religious teachings, many even calling for it to be banned.

I wouldn't have thought "morally uplifting" would apply to vampire/werewolf movies.

So, Sparkly Vampires in a Tweenage movie has Morals in it?

Whats happen to (Ryan RC) why does he like a Twiight Vampire, teenager girl sex and getting pregnet movie????????? Help my best brother is going love crazy.

The Drifter

IndyWolf15 said:
Whats happen to (Ryan RC) why does he like a Twiight Vampire, teenager girl sex and getting pregnet movie????????? Help my best brother is going love crazy.

LOL!
Eh, if he likes the movies; let him enjoy them. Nothing wrong with liking something.

Agent Crab

IndyWolf15 said:

Funniest thing I read in the day!

It's not differnt from kids who wanna find a mate at young ages these days.

RedeemedChild

Well Dr.Bones, if you look at the cover the first book in the Twilight saga you will notice that Bella is holding an Apple. This is a reference to Genesis 2:17 which speaks of the forbidden fruit. The entire Twilght Saga heralds from the Garden of Eden and like Pilgrims Progress and Beauty and the Beast is an allegory of true love prevailing over lust and evil. It is a parable of how sacred love can transform a monster into something beautiful. Twilight draws upon the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil

Meerkat

Hans said:
First off my man i can't believe you are standing up for twlight :0 it is boring come on a vampire and teenage pregency come on dude:( But then again you wanted zack efroin for green lantern:(

YES!!! YES!!!! ANOTHER ANTI-TWILIGHTER!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

RedeemedChild

Meerkat I like you. However we all see the world through different lenses. While you might not like Twilight there are those of us who do enjoy it very much.

I have nothing against you or anyone else who liketh it not as we are all free moral agents with a free conscience. I only am disgusted at how those who are not fans act in such a childish and prejudiced attitude toward the Twilight Saga without realizing what a beautiful allegory it is. I daresay that the majority of the so called Anti-Twilight camp have no idea what moral and spiritual issues the Twilight Saga is focusing on nor have they any interest in learning of them either.

However Dr. Bones was open and willing to understand of the message of Twilight and I commend such as he. The more controversy and arguments surrounding a subject will always draw more admirers than haters. So the more hatred that is thrown at Twilight can but only draw more fans.

Agent Crab

RedeemedChild said:
Join the Facebook area guys. I've already joined the Raven and Indiana Jones Facebook pages.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-T..._2373072738&viewas=100000272886164&ref=search

No.

@ Meerkat - I dislike twilightm but I am SO effin' sick and tired of Twilight bashing and assuming all Twilight fans are retarded fans. I hate Disgaea and half of it's fanbase, but I learned to ignore them and the game as well. If you hate Twilight, fine, but please do grow up and stop the whole. "TWILIGHT SUCKS!!11" You sound like a middle school kid about it.

Hans

I would rether shoot myself in the nuts then do all these twlight crap dude you got a disease :dead:

RedeemedChild

Hans said:
I would rether shoot myself in the nuts then do all these twlight crap dude you got a disease :dead:

LOL.

There is no need to do such a thing, neither do I have a disease; I simply enjoy allegories of faith, redemption and moral purity and strange tales.

If something is tied to faith then I'm always willing to give it a try, especially when it comes to moral ethics and things linked directly to the Book of Genesis and the Garden of Eden as the Twilight Saga is.

250px-Twilightbook.jpg

First off I suppose that you are not familiar with the subjects of the Forbidden Fruit, The Garden of Eden and the importance of sexual purity, grace, redemption and the power of love to change something fallen into something pure and noble?

262px-Creation-and-the-expulsion-from-the-paradise-11291.jpg

BTW here is a quote from Wikipedia "In some interpretations, the 'apple' was a metaphor for sexuality, 'the first sin' and so forth."

That should help you understand the cover of Twilight.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
RedeemedChild said:
First off I suppose that you are not familiar with the subjects of the Forbidden Fruit, The Garden of Eden and the importance of sexual purity, grace, redemption and the power of love to change something fallen into something pure and noble?

That's quite an assumption, there. Just because a work deals with an interesting or important subject doesn't mean that it does so in an interesting or worthwhile manner.

RedeemedChild

Attila the Professor said:
That's quite an assumption, there. Just because a work deals with an interesting or important subject doesn't mean that it does so in an interesting or worthwhile manner.

Thank you Attila. That is a very important point you've made. ;) I had not thought of that. After all different people do see the world through different lenses. What is one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Hans

RedeemedChild said:
Thank you Attila. That is a very important point you've made. ;) I had not thought of that. After all different people do see the world through different lenses. What is one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Dude i aprecite god and stuff but just because there is symbolic refrence to bible dosen't mean the book is "good" but what really turned me off to twlight was the latest book bella and edward are on a private bravilan island and then procedd to get bella pregent now that is not noly:(