General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Dr Bones

Kernunnos said:
Harrison's still looking good. I think we can give the beard's a year or two yet to find a decent script.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I was just thinking the same thing today after reading Empire and seeing some photos from this movie, Ford still looks like he could kick butt.

He looks great in the riding shots.

Old Indy from, YIJC was a grumpy old sod, so why not let Ford play him a little meaner than KOTCS?

Less KOTCS slush and more TOD edge.

Bow out of the series with style.

Dewy9

I think Ford looks awesome in that picture. Who cares if he's old? He looks grizzled and like he's ready to kick some arse! Can't wait for Cowboys & Indians!

JerryKing

I think I'd rather have Lucas go the realism route.

therealindiana.jpg

Mungi

TheMutt92 said:
Marhsall's latest tweet says there is no news on Indy 5...

https://twitter.com/#!/LeDoctor

Everyone who has Twitter here HAS to response to that and ask what's the current status! We have to put the bite on them!:whip:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Mungi said:
Everyone who has Twitter here HAS to response to that and ask what's the current status! We have to put the bite on them!:whip:
Please don't. I think a lot of people are confused about what a producer does. He's essentially a promoter. See his previous quotes: "Paramount will provide the Benjamins once the script is buttoned up!" "The franchise is only dormant so don't pawn yo' collectibles yet!" "I'd bend the elements to give you an answer but there's nothing in the air!" Thats what he does. That's why he tweets and the others do not.

Indy's brother

Well, if on the 30th anniversary of ROTLA, there is no blu-ray (which I don't see happening), and the most they can do is parade props from the films to select areas, then something more should be done for the fans, imho. Something accessible to everyone. I think some straight talk from George Lucas about where Indy 5 is at, or the chances of it being made too much to ask. But I think that it should be done. It's not like we're a fringe audience, for pete's sake. The lack of communication in comparison with other franchises and their fans is rather appalling. Haven't we spent enough collective years in the dark?

>:mad:<

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Indy's brother said:
Well, if on the 30th anniversary of ROTLA, there is no blu-ray (which I don't see happening), and the most they can do is parade props from the films to select areas, then something more should be done for the fans, imho. Something accessible to everyone. I think some straight talk from George Lucas about where Indy 5 is at, or the chances of it being made too much to ask. But I think that it should be done. It's not like we're a fringe audience, for pete's sake. The lack of communication in comparison with other franchises and their fans is rather appalling. Haven't we spent enough collective years in the dark?

That's my hunch. I'm counting myself lucky that I got to meet and get autographs from two Raiders actors, so my 30th anni stuff is pretty much done and dusted. However, Supanova Sydney is on the same week as the 30th anni.... unfortunately though I have asked on their forums about a Raiders screening (which probably won't happen) there's nothing for Indyfans this year. I'm guessing they think we're appeased with what Armageddon brought us.

Unless there are Sydney fans that want to have a mini summit at Supanova? Atm, I'm trying to put together a Sophia Hapgood costume for the expo (I've been Marion too many times at Supanova).

I do have a couple ideas for the Indycast, however I'm not sure if it's my place to be making suggestions as I'm sure they can come up with some great ideas on their own.

Dr.Sartorius

Indy's brother said:

Makes me long for 2008 again. That was a great year for Indy fans. Love or hate KOTCS - at least us fans got a lot of attention.

The Man

Perhaps when Spielberg finally, finally shoots Lincoln he may seek to revisit the series. But it's all dependent on whether Lucas is actively planning a treatment for the script. We're not getting that vibe of late...

I.M.J.

I don't want to be a naysayer, but I'm pretty sure at this point that the franchise is done. Not dead - it's got a cult fanbase and anniversary's coming up, but I'm really doubting that there'll be another, new Indiana Jones movie.

KOTCS was 3 years ago on the head and there's been no real information about a follow up. Ford is everyone's hero, but at his age 3 years of aging is a lot more than three years of aging between 50 and 53. Every other sequel worthy movie that was out in '08 has already had a sequel and is now looking towards the third.

I don't think it's happening at this point.

teampunk

I.M.J. said:
I don't want to be a naysayer, but I'm pretty sure at this point that the franchise is done. Not dead - it's got a cult fanbase and anniversary's coming up, but I'm really doubting that there'll be another, new Indiana Jones movie.

KOTCS was 3 years ago on the head and there's been no real information about a follow up. Ford is everyone's hero, but at his age 3 years of aging is a lot more than three years of aging between 50 and 53. Every other sequel worthy movie that was out in '08 has already had a sequel and is now looking towards the third.

I don't think it's happening at this point.

i agree. sadly, i just don't see it happening.

Darth Vile

I too agree... I thought Ford was a tad too old in KOTCS (it certainly hurt the movies verisimilitude - IMHO)... but with each and every passing month the notion of Ford donning the hat again is becoming more distant. I think his advancing age will only hurt the movie more. :(

Lance Quazar

100% agreement with everything on this page.

There has bee NO movement on this project in 3 years. All we got is the vague talk about "George working on a story," which is meaningless.

The earliest they could possibly shoot this would be when Harrison is 70.

All three of them still have plenty to keep them busy and none of them have made it a priority. Personally, I think the window is closed.

(and I'm glad.)

Explorer1074

It's really quiet on the Indy 5 front for sure. I will admit Harrison Ford's age would definitely be a factor if they wait any longer. I have read that George Lucas was thinking about Harrison Ford to play a similar role like Sean Connery did in the Last Crusade movie. In fact that probably would be the only way for Harrison Ford could reprise the role past 70. There would have to be some kind of "changing of the guard" as in someone else picking up the adventure or closing the book for good. If it doesn't work out with Harrison Ford I would like to see a different chapter explored like a young Indy since reboots and prequels seems to be in at Hollywood at the moment.