Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: The most quotable Indy movie. Whats your favorite?

nitzsche

"Grave robbers will be shot" "Good thing we're not grave robbers!"

"You're a... a teacher?" "Part time."

"You don't happen to have a knife, do you?"

Indy steals the dagger...

"I don't wanna have to keep borrowing yours... I was gonna put it back."

Classic stuff.

Jenos Idanian

The thing about the lines in this movie is that they could have been from anything. They just don't stand out. Nothing like the exchange of dialog between Willie and Indy in the palace when Indy brings her the fruit.

Jenos Idanian

"Looks like you brought a knife to a gun fight" is a good line but I'm pretty damn sure it's borrowed from something else which is really sad.

gonzosports

I hated Kingdom (read review).

This film's dialogue is beyond the pale for the most part.

The line, "You're a teacher?"

"Part-time."

is 100% brilliant. It's really, really funny and I'm sad they used it in the trailer.

I love the "I like Ike" line a lot, too - I'm curious if people on here know the context or what it refers to, and that's not an insult, more an ageist reference.

Jenos Idanian

Dr Jones, wasn't it the Sultan of Madagascar who threatened to cut off your head if you ever returned to his country?
Indiana Jones: No, it wasn't my head.
Chattar Lal: Then your hands, perhaps?
Indiana Jones: No, it wasn't my hands. It was my... .
[looks down at his groin]
Indiana Jonesl: my misunderstanding.
chattar lal: which is excatly what we have here.

I dare anyone to give me lines like that from kingdom.

lynchpin

"Isn't that just like a whop..."

Jenos Idanian said:
"Looks like you brought a knife to a gun fight" is a good line but I'm pretty damn sure it's borrowed from something else which is really sad.

The Untouchables (1987) -- "Isn't that just like a whop. Bring a knife to a gun fight."

The phrase "knife to a gunfight" has been used in various ways since then.

I thought of a line I actually really liked:

"Your name is Professor Harold Oxley, we studied at the University of Chicago, and you were never this interesting!"

Michael24

gonzosports said:
I love the "I like Ike" line a lot, too - I'm curious if people on here know the context or what it refers to, and that's not an insult, more an ageist reference.

It actually got a few chuckles at our theater. I knew what it referred to, and I'm barely 30. I'm sure it'll go over the heads of the younger viewers, though.

Jim Tigernuts

One of the funniest was from the Russian guard?"Please, for love of God, shut the hell up!"

Although I did like:

"Says 'Grave robbers will be shot'!"

"Good thing we're not grave robbers, then."

Young Indy

"I like Ike!" is one of the best! Love it! It's sad when I saw it the 3rd time with a bunch of annoying high school kids they didn't get it.:confused:

Lao_Che

I quite liked the "Come on, Ox, you were never this interesting". I'm probably misquoting.

Edit: Yep, I was. ;)

SixKadamHigh

Michael24 said:
It actually got a few chuckles at our theater. I knew what it referred to, and I'm barely 30. I'm sure it'll go over the heads of the younger viewers, though.

I understood it and I'm only 14

So did my bro, he's 9

AHegele

Like others have said, the film has only been out for three days, the others have been out for more than 20 years, there are some great lines in this film that will definitely get memorable.

The knife line was historical.

Perhilion

herr gruber said:
"You don't know him! You don't know him! You don't know him!!!
One of my favorite(y) There are a lot of others I like, but like the others said it's too early to expect to be able to instantly quote them.

jasperjones

Yeah, try walking out of most films and quoting them the next day. I imagine you'd manage about 3 at most. I enjoyed Iron Man but I'd struggle to think of many lines from that.

Oh, and it's not a line, but I loved the bit in the truck where Mutt flips Indy the switchblade, only for it to land on his shoulder.

The Oxley line: and you were never this interesting... was great also.