TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > General Indiana Jones Discussion
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2016, 03:30 PM   #1
Indyfan99
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1
Indiana Jones subreddit

Hey guys! I recently became an active mod of the subreddit r/indianajones! Now, being a member of this community and absolutely loving it so much, I really wanted to bring some of this feeling and admiration for the series to the people of Reddit.

The subreddit was pretty dead when I found it... I seized the opportunity to capture people's attentions again with Indy 5, but there isn't enough news to keep everything going...

I want to create a community of Indy fans, like here, but outside the bubble! I want people to become really engrossed in the series and fall in love with it as much as we have!

So, I'm wondering if you guys would be willing to help me out in doing this! In creating this Indy new and exciting forum on Reddit and really showcasing the best of what Indy fans have to offer!

Thank you guys so much for listening! I'll check back as often as I can! I hope this doesn't sound like I'm soliciting you guys, because I swear I'm not. I'm legitimately asking for help and know this is the best place to find it!

Thank again,

Indyfan99 (or ergister on reddit)
Indyfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:29 PM   #2
Moedred
Administrator
 
Moedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: California
Posts: 4,892
Interesting Photoshop battle today...

Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 02:58 PM   #3
Moedred
Administrator
 
Moedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: California
Posts: 4,892
We only have the 2008 DVD press releases, TheIndyExperience archived the 2003 press releases. They touched off a nearly 2000-comment discussion yesterday.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 03:33 PM   #4
Pale Horse
Moderator
 
Pale Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: L.A.
Posts: 6,986
Indy has been hitting a lot of TIL posts there of late. Seeding the Astro Turf, perhaps?
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 01:20 PM   #5
Moedred
Administrator
 
Moedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: California
Posts: 4,892
I did't know this about Toht's hat filling in for him after the truck chase.

Maybe he wasn't on the call sheet because Toht and Gobler's car went over the cliff in the fifth draft?
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:15 PM   #6
Indyologist
IndyFan
 
Indyologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 2,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
Indy has been hitting a lot of TIL posts there of late. Seeding the Astro Turf, perhaps?

What is "TIL," dear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyfan99
Hey guys! I recently became an active mod of the subreddit r/indianajones! Now, being a member of this community and absolutely loving it so much, I really wanted to bring some of this feeling and admiration for the series to the people of Reddit.

The subreddit was pretty dead when I found it... I seized the opportunity to capture people's attentions again with Indy 5, but there isn't enough news to keep everything going...

I want to create a community of Indy fans, like here, but outside the bubble! I want people to become really engrossed in the series and fall in love with it as much as we have!

So, I'm wondering if you guys would be willing to help me out in doing this! In creating this Indy new and exciting forum on Reddit and really showcasing the best of what Indy fans have to offer!

Thank you guys so much for listening! I'll check back as often as I can! I hope this doesn't sound like I'm soliciting you guys, because I swear I'm not. I'm legitimately asking for help and know this is the best place to find it!

Thank again,

Indyfan99 (or ergister on reddit)

Ah, a noble effort... I'll look into it sometime for you and see what I can do to assist...

Last edited by Finn : 06-28-2018 at 11:05 AM. Reason: merge
Indyologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:45 PM   #7
Pale Horse
Moderator
 
Pale Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: L.A.
Posts: 6,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyologist
What is "TIL," dear?

Today I Learned
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 04:28 AM   #8
Stoo
IndyFan
 
Stoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Neuchâtel, Switzerland (Canadian from Montreal)
Posts: 8,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedred
I did't know this about Toht's hat filling in for him after the truck chase.

Maybe he wasn't on the call sheet because Toht and Gobler's car went over the cliff in the fifth draft?
I've always wondered what happened with Toht during the filming of that scene and your speculation, Moedred, makes an amount of sense. Ronald Lacey is clearly not there and the rigged dummy is very unconvincing. However, those shots don't last long so we must assume that this was Spielberg's way of filming things 'fast & dirty'.

The question is why? Would love to get to the bottom of this (in a more suitable thread, though)!
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.