Making Your Indy 4 Experience Special

indytim

After 15 years of hoping and waiting since the Lucasfilm press release graced the front page of Variety declaring a new Star Wars trilogy and at least one more Indy film were in the works I personally think it's important to make my Indy 4 experience as special as I can. To explain, find an especially good cinema that will offer me the best movie-going experience possible.

After much searching around my Northern corner of merry olde England I have settled to see the movie at the Vue Cinema at the Lowry, Salford Quays, Manchester in their Gold Pass screen. The screen only seats 38 people and each seat is a huge, leather, electronically-controlled 'La-Z-Boy'! On top of that it has it's own licensed bar (although I don't drink!), an on-call staff member to tend to your every whim (STEADY!), it's for over 18's only (no annoying teenagers) and you get free popcorn. The price for this luxury is UK£13.50 but I'd happily pay 10 times that to make my viewing experience of this movie an extra special one. :cool:

Anyone else got ideas where Indy fans can see Crystal Skull in a super, special, smashing way?

A_True_Believer

indytim said:
Anyone else got ideas where Indy fans can see Crystal Skull in a super, special, smashing way?

You may think I'm crazy, but I'm looking for an old, no-frills theater. No stadium seating, no reclining bucket seats, no digital picture, no surround sound, no leg room. I want to have the same experience I had when I went to see TOD and LC, and I think that would be the best way to do it.

stunrun

that does sound pretty awesome, but i live in Bristol:( the next best thing (with all the annoying kids and teens) would be an empty theatre(y)

indytim

A_True_Believer said:
You may think I'm crazy, but I'm looking for an old, no-frills theater. No stadium seating, no reclining bucket seats, no digital picture, no surround sound, no leg room. I want to have the same experience I had when I went to see TOD and LC, and I think that would be the best way to do it.

Mmmm ... that idea actually has quite an appealing retro vibe about it!

Michael24

If I lived in the L.A. area, I'd go see it at the Landmark in West L.A. Best theater I've ever been to. Big comfortable seats, great sound, and no worries about cell phones since an employee actually comes in just before start-time and tells everyone to turn them off and keep from talking unless it's a whisper. (y)

Canyon

stunrun said:
that does sound pretty awesome, but i live in Bristol:( the next best thing (with all the annoying kids and teens) would be an empty theatre(y)

Hey there to a fellow Bristolan! (I live in Totterdown) ;)

I'm going to see Indy 4 next thursday @ Showcase Cinemas for the 8 pm showing. :D

crowmagnumman

I wish I could replicate my first experiences seeing the Indy movies on VHS and DVD. They really ought to release the movie on DVD at the same time so I can have the same experience.

stunrun

Canyon said:
Hey there to a fellow Bristolan! (I live in Totterdown) ;)

I'm going to see Indy 4 next thursday @ Showcase Cinemas for the 8 pm showing. :D

wow, small world! i live in Hartcliffe, and being a 'Hartcliffian Indy Fan' i must be the only interesting person there:p i prefer showcase, but for quickness i'm going to Cineworld @ Hengrove park for 6:30 pm. Apart from a few billboards and posters on buses, i dont think this film is getting as much 'advertising credit' that it deserves in Bristol - sucks really(n)

ReggieSnake

Hey, this is going to be my first midnight premiere seeing my first Indy movie on the big screen. How does it get more special than that!;)
ResidentAlien said:
I'll be seeing it at the historic Senator Theater of Baltimore.

Epic Art Deco theater seats 900. Massive screen. And no kids under 5.
That sounds neat! I'm pretty sure the theater I'm going to is less than (or about) half that big.

stunrun

as long as the experience is a peaceful one (i.e. idiots laughing for no reason during the good bits) :p and as long as the screen is clear (the last time i went to the same theatre, the picture was hazy and the sound quality was shocking!)

Ska

I'll be there for the midnight showing...so I'm hoping it will only be die hard fans...who WON'T bring their children!

ReggieSnake

SKAbatula said:
I'll be there for the midnight showing...so I'm hoping it will only be die hard fans...who WON'T bring their children!
I hear you. Do many children (meaning under 13) actually go to midnight showings?

I can actually think of only one movie I've been to that a little kid was being a major distraction. I'm not too worried about it. Are you talking about the obnoxious middle-school crowd? Indy'll shut them up.;)

Kingsley

Well, I'm flying from Argentina to Mexico this sunday, so I will see the movie there!
I have this kind of unpredictable trips sometimes, so I never plan too far ahead...

Anyway, I don't go to Mexico only to see the movie :p
I will meet my Girlfriend after some months far away from her... so, I will go with her (and that makes my Indy4 experience special!)
But maybe I will miss the premiere. There are still things in my life that matters more than Indy ;)
I'm carrying my indy dvd set though, to introduce her in Indys world. Cause she isn't exactly a hardcore fan.

So, when you are watching the movie next week, and you see that red line in the map reaching Mexico City, remember me! :cool:

The_Raiders

As far as I know me and my friends are gonna go to the midnight showing. But what I want is to go with the girl I like but we're in seperate locations, so that won't work which makes me very sad. :(

Rhys135

Sadly my best friend who is just as much a Indy fan as me is out of the country due to University work, so it's a great shame that we won't be able to see the movie at the cinema together, but I have booked a ticket for myself to see the movie at 10:30a.m (the first showing) at my nearest cinema (a 40 mile trip!!) on the 22nd, and will see it on a deluxe screen when I go see it again, either later on in the day (to save petrol ;) ) or over the weekend.

Whipper

The_Raiders said:
but we're in seperate locations, so that won't work which makes me very sad. :(

Do whatever you have to do to Make it work and make yourself happy. :)

At the very least, she'll remember you for it, eh?