The Indiana Jones I want to see!!!

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
If Indy V ever gets made (and it should be rather soon if we want Ford in it) it should be a prequel to Crystal Skull. Enough with the family bonds, it was great in Last Crusade and very decent in Skull but twice is enough. More fitting to the saga would be a dark film in the Dark Knight style with our hero in advanced age, more cynic than ever, globetrotting from snowie mountains to deserts and tropical islands still in good shape to kick ass. The scene from Darabond's script with Indy drunk, walking around the campus would be really good. Of course, in the course of all this he would get involved with a beautiful woman who would "bring the light back" in our adventurer's life although they would not end up together and with Crystal Skull his personal happiness would be completed.

Of course, this is just what a humble fan wants to see but deep down I believe it would be a very good film!:hat:

G-Man

I agree about the prequel approach. I too don't want the whole family adventuring thing, it's a bit too Mummy 2 & 3.

However, given Shia seems to be in the know and talking about Indy V it would seem he's likely to be a part of it.

Vendetta08

Agree that it should be a pequel that takes place about 1/2 years sooner. But it won't happen...Spielberg needs Mutt/Shia to draw in the younger audience and Lucas needs them to buy all the Mutt toys. Ford ain't much of a draw by himself anymore.

Indy's Fist

The series needs to grow, not go backwards. Mutt needs to go to college. Indy needs to recover the fertility idol from Raiders. Indy then needs to go on an adventure to find an item he's always wanted (like his dad wanted the Holy Grail). He will bring Mutt with him. Both will learn something about each other and themself. Indy will "retire" form adventuring. And Mutt will become the treasure hunter for a new generation, but in his own series of films. Then the movie has to be a feel like a final chapter to Indy's adventures.

No, I'm not George Lucas either...:)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Indy's Fist said:
ndy needs to recover the fertility idol from Raiders. Indy then needs to go on an adventure to find an item he's always wanted (like his dad wanted the Holy Grail).

He already did <I>both</I> of those: that's the Cross of Coronado.

Vendetta08

Indy's Fist said:
The series needs to grow, not go backwards.

No, the series does not NEED to grow at all. If anything, going backwards would save us from the abysmal dribble of a future it has with a little boy who can barely grow facial hair and is named after a type of mangy scraggly dog. Might as well have named him b****.

No, I'm not George Lucas either...:)

Yeah, too bad by saying you aren't GL, you revealed you are. Reverse psychology...now since I have you in my clutches...is it true that you store all of your genius ideas in your neck fat?

Doc Savage

I route for a more noir feel a la RotLA. Maybe borrow from the novels (albeit with MASSIVE revisions) and send him after Vril.

Johnny Nys

I'm still for a Garden of Eden type of story. Origins of mankind. But anything else vast and impressive will do.

In "Raiders", Indy needed Marion to find what he was looking for.
In "Skull", Marion was used by the villains to force Indy to help them.

Besides victim or active participant, what other role could she play? Her just tagging along simply because she's married to Indy sounds too lame. It's a reason, yes, but not important enough like it was in "Raiders". And her getting kidnapped again would make her seem stupid.

IndyJr.

I like the Prequel idea best, but most likely Shia will be in it.

If this is the approach they take, then that's ok, just don't let it be another Mummy 3. >_<

Shia's role needs to be lessened, and Marion doesn't even need to come back (except maybe a cameo role in the beginning and maybe the end). I'd say bring in Short Round as the main side-kick, and Shia as the "side-kick's side-kick" so to say. A 3rd man. But that's ALL. We don't want ten different people in on the adventure. And PLEASE don't use too much CG. Lucas promised he wouldn't last time and he used it way to much.

deckard24

Sakis said:
If Indy V ever gets made (and it should be rather soon if we want Ford in it) it should be a prequel to Crystal Skull. Enough with the family bonds, it was great in Last Crusade and very decent in Skull but twice is enough. More fitting to the saga would be a dark film in the Dark Knight style with our hero in advanced age, more cynic than ever, globetrotting from snowie mountains to deserts and tropical islands still in good shape to kick ass. The scene from Darabond's script with Indy drunk, walking around the campus would be really good. Of course, in the course of all this he would get involved with a beautiful woman who would "bring the light back" in our adventurer's life although they would not end up together and with Crystal Skull his personal happiness would be completed.

Of course, this is just what a humble fan wants to see but deep down I believe it would be a very good film!:hat:
I'd love to see a family-less Indy film, and a prequel to Skull would be cool, but unfortunately with Lucas and Co. eyeing the future of the franchise, Shia will most likely be a part of a fifth film.

Le Saboteur

First and foremost...

...I would like them to "localize" the story. In other words, no hopping from location to location just because the kids seem to like it. The Tomb Raider series is famous for this: putting "fragments" of some artifact in various parts of the world that bear zero relation to each other.

90% of Raiders takes place in and around Cairo. Nearly 100% of Temple takes place in India, and especially the environs of Pankot Palace. Grail has five locations, two of which are unnecessary. Though, I could be wrong about Venice. I'll need to read up on my Holy Grail lore.

Goonie

What I want to see:
A Pat Roach-style gore scene (something Indy 4 lacked)
More booby traps
A location we haven't seen before; perhaps the orient or himalayas etc.
We actually see Indy on a dig with students, rather than in the classroom
Indy actually retrieves a MacGuffin artifiact for a museum.
:whip:

muttjones

indy's work as the co-dean as made him neglect his family, mainly mutt who has been needing a father figure. something along those lines will probably happen knowing SS

Indy's Fist

Attila the Professor said:
He already did <I>both</I> of those: that's the Cross of Coronado.

When did he find the fertility idol after Belloq took it? I also know he found the Cross of Coronado, but I bet there is something else he would like to find. Maybe something even more important to him. Something with possible mystical powers.;)

Indy's Fist

Vendetta08 said:
No, the series does not NEED to grow at all. If anything, going backwards would save us from the abysmal dribble of a future it has with a little boy who can barely grow facial hair and is named after a type of mangy scraggly dog. Might as well have named him b****.

Yeah, too bad by saying you aren't GL, you revealed you are. Reverse psychology...now since I have you in my clutches...is it true that you store all of your genius ideas in your neck fat?

I humbly disagree with you. I just didn't hate KOTCS or Mutt like many others did. I came in with an open mind and didn't expect "Casablanca".

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Indy's Fist said:
When did he find the fertility idol after Belloq took it? I also know he found the Cross of Coronado, but I bet there is something else he would like to find. Maybe something even more important to him. Something with possible mystical powers.;)

I mean structurally, or something along those lines. The way they basically revise the opening college scenes from Raiders into the ones in Last Crusade? It's a film about redemption, so, in my mind, insofar as Last Crusade is a revision of Raiders, yeah, he recovered the fertility idol, if not literally.

Hanselation

muttjones said:
indy's work as the co-dean as made him neglect his family, mainly mutt who has been needing a father figure. something along those lines will probably happen knowing SS

Yes, that fits to that what I expect, too.

G-Man

Goonie said:
What I want to see:
A Pat Roach-style gore scene (something Indy 4 lacked)
More booby traps
A location we haven't seen before; perhaps the orient or himalayas etc.
We actually see Indy on a dig with students, rather than in the classroom
Indy actually retrieves a MacGuffin artifiact for a museum.
:whip:

I pretty much agree with all this. I'd love to see Indy on a dig.

Hanselation

G-Man said:
I pretty much agree with all this. I'd love to see Indy on a dig.

Great idea. Again a classroom could be boring, but although see some students would be fine. So this is real a great idea.