What's Harrison Ford doing these days?

foreignerfred

This might be too much to ask, but I just don't want Episode 7 to be altered in the slightest due to this injury.

I thought KOTCS treated Harrison like he was more incapable of action than he actually was.

I don't want Episode 7 to have to scale things back for him because of an injury.

In full health, I know Harry's still got it. If filmmakers would just believe.

...and yes, I'm aware breaking a leg is a serious injury.

IndyForever

Get well soon Harrison (y)

Breaking his leg though is still very serious that will take a long time until he could run again & the amount of PR Spin around this from Disney saying he broke his ankle (n) there is a huge difference between ankle vs leg. Leg is easier to set/heal but Harrison will not be running anytime soon will he & Indy does a lot of running.

Another nail in the coffin of Indy 5 its destined to never be made with Harrison unless there is a miracle or divine intervention :eek:

Montana Smith

IndyForever said:
Another nail in the coffin of Indy 5 its destined to never be made with Harrison unless there is a miracle or divine intervention :eek:

Harrison's supply of nails ran out a few years ago. And the divine has always been just a figment in the imagination of the hopeful.

Gonna need to find a new pet to stroke. :p

Grizzlor

First of all, Harrison didn't exactly do a ton of stunts in the OT either, and I wouldn't have expected this VII script to feature a ton of it either. As for Indiana Jones, I'm sorry naysayers but a broken leg is not going to stop his doing another film if he has the ambition. Not to mention that he's in great shape, and an Indy film probably wouldn't be shot anytime soon of course.

Montana Smith

A broken leg is the least of his worries. And it won't be his ambition but the ambition of those who'll be putting the money up for another film.

His future as Indy is even less likely under the new management which has a reputation for selling youth rather than old age.

Not shooting any time soon? Just how old can a leading man be in the action adventure genre nowadays?

Whether he's Indy, or whether he isn't, either way he'll be side-lined.

IndyForever

Montana Smith said:
Harrison's supply of nails ran out a few years ago. And the divine has always been just a figment in the imagination of the hopeful.

Gonna need to find a new pet to stroke. :p
I heard Lucas took the actual tin of nails home & threw a tantrum as some random not fellow billionaires he never met or ever would/could :rolleyes: internet dudes dared to criticise him so no-one else can play with Harrison :whip: as Lucas also took ALL his toys after throwing them out of the pram at the very same random dudes who made him a billionaire :rolleyes:

IndyForever

Grizzlor said:
First of all, Harrison didn't exactly do a ton of stunts in the OT either, and I wouldn't have expected this VII script to feature a ton of it either. As for Indiana Jones, I'm sorry naysayers but a broken leg is not going to stop his doing another film if he has the ambition. Not to mention that he's in great shape, and an Indy film probably wouldn't be shot anytime soon of course.
Completion bond insurance will be much higher for another Indy now. That goes on the budget with Harrison attached its another minus factor (although Disney owe Ford big time for not suing them for millions).

Disney are in trouble though their Indy property is only worth something with Harrison playing the role for the whole movie like he did in KOTCS. A reboot will not fly at the box office either to justify the investment. What was the last 1930-40-50s serial that had massive global box office success (apart from the Brendan Fraser Mummy series).

Indy is Harrison its not really a franchise either its a movie series that continued over 3 decades. Complex issue(s) for Disney to resolve.

Grizzlor

TheFedora said:
Seeing some rumors on twitter saying Ford's broken leg needs 6 months of rehab. Hope this isn't true...:(

That's rehab to be fully healed, that doesn't mean he can't stand/walk on it for the full 6 months. Obviously it would be wisest for him to take as much time off as possible.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...Leg-Ankle-Star-Wars-Episode-VII-Indiana-Jones
Nice interview from Cannes. Probably can't wait to rejoin his biker gang.
"I have a group of friends who are pilots at the airport and we go riding our motorbikes every Sunday morning. I put on the leathers and really enjoy it. I could never trust myself on a motorbike until I reached the age of about 50. I was too much of an adolescent and anything could have happened from driving too fast."

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:
Nope, that's not the rumour at all. Not even close. Did you read the article you posted?

It's a bit like Admiral Ackbar leading the assault on Death Star II. He did it from the comfort of his flagship.

So I expect Harrison to spend a lot of time sitting in the captain's chair gazing back in the direction of the door and mumbling angrily, "It's a trap."

Finn

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
So I expect Harrison to spend a lot of time sitting in the captain's chair gazing back in the direction of the door and mumbling angrily, "It's a trap."
And when one of the new faces wonders what is, he taps on the cast on his leg and gives Chewie an earful for not fixing it.

Montana Smith

Finn said:
And when one of the new faces wonders what is, he taps on the cast on his leg and gives Chewie an earful for not fixing it.

:D

And ponders the idea of buying his wife a new fur coat...

leia-chewy-620x620.jpg

(Her plastic surgery cost a fortune but the fur will come cheap).

kongisking

Montana Smith said:
:D

And ponders the idea of buying his wife a new fur coat...

leia-chewy-620x620.jpg

(Her plastic surgery cost a fortune but the fur will come cheap).

Put her in that gold bikini, and the messed-up fetish will be complete...

Grizzlor

Glad to hear. Harrison is one tough S.O.B. Odd that all the tabs reported he was already back in America for rehab.

Olliana

Interesting, I've never seen such a prosthetic peg leg before. Are those more comfortable than a regular crutch? Sure doesn't look like it!

And those glasses make him look older than necessary. Other than that, he looks as fresh as ever.