Paranormal Activity

Gustav

Spoiler

DocWhiskey said:
Over hyped indeed.

Just got back from seeing it.

I read a TON of articles stating how viewers cried and had to take breathers outside. Even many of the article writers themselves admitted to sleeping with the lights on for a few days.

I wanted to be scared. To be totally freaked out. But I wasn't.

The first 40 minutes of the film is a door slamming for god sake. Don't get me wrong, there were one or two creepy moments, but nothing to make you cry or sleep with the lights on. I never even jumped or anything. And the ending was just...lame. I seen it already in about 1000 internet videos. The audience wasn't even scared really.

One of the most jump inducing horror films as of late had to be "Drag Me To Hell". It's not scary, it just has a lot of cheap scares. So many in fact that I kind of dislike it. But if you want to jump, I'd say go rent Drag Me To Hell and watch it in the dark. Cheaper and better.

I liked it but then I also didn't read any of those articles. Either those people are pansies or we've been desensitized to scary things. If by "ending" you mean when the guy got thrown at the camera, yeah I saw that in too many videos too. They showed almost all the best parts in that trailer at the beginning of the thread I guess because they feel they had to get peoples' attention and there are not a lot of scenes to choose from since most of the movie is meant for tension-building. If by "ending" you mean when her face changes and she attacks the camera, yeah that was just stupid. I guess they have to appeal to the majority which likes shiney objects.

I also recommend Drag Me To Hell. It had some scary parts and was also very funny and just bizarre like a Sam Raimi movie should be.