Indy's Daughter

No_Ticket

This is my first day here and I already look stupid!

I read over at indianajones.com in the archive poll section that older Indy has a daughter.

SINCE WHEN? WHO IS SHE?

LASTCRUSADER

Welcome to the Raven No_Ticket.

I have to wonder where this came from also. Could this be a hint as to what to expect in Indy IV? Maybe this topic should be in the Indy IV thread.

Indyologist

Yes, in the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, it's mentioned that Indy has a daughter. She doesn't show up until the episodes where Indy is old and crusty. I can't remember her name, but I do know that Indy regularly bores her and the rest of his relatives with stories of his adventures.

So, I guess, Indy eventually becomes one of those old people that people think are boring and no one wants to listen to him.

How sad for him.

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
I don't really mind if he has a daughter... as long as she's doesn't show up in Indy 4.

Raffey

Finn said:
...and even if she does, she shall not be played by Nat Portman.

What's wrong with Natalie Portman? I'd pay a $10 ticket just to watch her eat a sandwich. :p Which is more than I can say about Catwoman.

But no I don't want Indy to have a brother, daughter, sister, father, or favorite dog in the movie. The whole "family thing" was done in Last Crusade.

Besides, Indy having an adventurous daughter is a bit over the top cliche.

Finn

Staff member
Raffey said:
Besides, Indy having an adventurous daughter is a bit over the top cliche.
And here we go to the point. If the role is announced to go either Nat Portman or Keira Knightley, we know already that she will not be a house cat.

Raffey

What if Indy had twins? Kiera and Natalie bear a resemblance to each other (**cough, cough-Star Wars-cough, cough**). LOL!

I would not be surprised if Indy having a daughter would be explored. After all, Lucas has daughters and he is known to take parts of his life and write them into his movies. Plus, adding a daughter would actually broaden the targeted audience (another thing that Lucas likes to do...**cough, cough-Ewoks-cough cougn**)

However, if there was a 'daughter' she probably will be played by a relatively-unknown-but-will-one-day-be-a-success actress.

Lucas has got a knack for picking them!

Finn

Staff member
Keira and Nat... I got the same thing in my mind! :D

But if she goes being whip-wielding, witty (and little arrogant) lass who jests her father for his fear of snakes, we're going slightly downhill...

Perhaps a father-daughter relationship could be a working solution after all, if based on the father-son relationship from LC... you know, Indy has to deal with another family member who is nothing like him.

Last edited:

Raffey

So I'm gathering that you didn't read the fact that No Ticket was new? And just decided to call his thread on the Indy daughter subject last year's rehashed crap?

Nice friendly welcome there.... :rolleyes:

Raffey

Actually Ren. I'm in complete agreement with you with the Indy daughter thing.

I'd rather have RotLA Indy back--all by his lonesome-- larger than life.

And please, don't rent chick flicks...I'm hoping that they would go away on their own admission without us adventure loving action types adding to the monetary reasons why they should continue to be made! :D :D

However, I must admit that a good chick flick makes for a great date!

Finn

Staff member
Meself... just playing the Devil's advocate here.

As I stated (in multiple another threads), I don't want to see any returning characters, let out Sallah. Yep, do not cast even Sir Sean.

Raffey

Oh, Ren...I'm sure EVERYTHING that everyone's has said about me is true. At least in part! LOL! I fully admit to being an ass at times.

The great thing about being one is that if they get tired of one side of your persona....you can always turn the other cheek.

Not to hijack this thread but I realized that the new movie will deal with Indy being older, maybe have a son or daughter, sibling, whatever....

I was just wondering if Lucas has even given this a thought...

INSTEAD of embracing Indiana Jones older age...DENY it. In fact, don't even mention it. Don't make fun of the years, don't have him huffing and puffing, etc. Write the Indiana Jones character and the stunts that he will do as if Indiana Jones was still 30 years old....even if the timeline does have Indy is in his fifties.

I was watcing Secondhand Lions and it occurred to me that I had no problem accepting the fact that Robert Duvall's character could still kick butt at an old age. Similarly, I didn't have a problem with Connery's character in the movie, The Rock.

So I say screw all the old age humor and just make Indiana Jones so awesome that the audience comes out saying, "Damn! When I'm in my fifties...I want to be like Indy!"