anyone follow the NHL?

Indy Scout 117

i love the National Hockey League. my favorite team is the San Jose Sharks :D
podcast.jpg

im not even from california, but i love the Sharks. if anyone else loves the NHL whats your favorite team??

roundshort

Yep. I followed it closley as the PENGUINS BEAT the red stains last year!

YEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAA PITTSBURGH PENGUINS! WORLD CHAMPS!

SID the Kid ROCKS!

Love whent he Pens Beat teams as much as when THE STEELERS beat FARVE!!!!! like today. Seing him get Sacked, PRICELESS!

Peru1936

Stoo said:
Try 23 for Montreal!

24 for Les Habitants; don't forget the Lord Stanely's Mug they won before the NHL was established.

I love hockey. Winter Saturdays consisted of a few - very important - things: snow fights, hiking, tobogganing, hockey on the pond, soaked tuques and mittens hanging over the fire, hot chocolate, and Hockey Night.

I grew up on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV1AFhI5Iv8&feature=related

The professional game now lacks the class, charisma, and toughness of days gone.

Hockey is so important to the Canadian identity and culture that it's on our money:

canfive-739313.jpg

Hockey is our game, and it will always be played on the ponds, but the magic of Hockey Night is all but gone. Yes, I love hockey, but I've come to despise the NHL.

I long for another generation that thinks of hockey like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD5pctWlzpk&feature=related

Last edited:

Stoo

Peru1936 said:
24 for Les Habitants; don't forget the Lord Stanely's Mug they won before the NHL was established.
Yes but since this is a NHL thread, I thought I'd just stick to that.;)

Peru1936 said:
I love hockey. Winter Saturdays consisted of a few - very important - things: snow fights, hiking, tobogganing, hockey on the pond, soaked tuques and mittens hanging over the fire, hot chocolate, and Hockey Night.

I grew up on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV1AFhI5Iv8&feature=related
The late '70s version of the tune is the classic, though. Do you remember the outrage when they changed the theme?

Peru1936 said:
The professional game now lacks the class, charisma, and toughness of days gone.
Jacques Plante. Creator of the goalie mask.:eek:

jacques_plante.jpg

Peru1936 said:
Hockey is our game, and it will always be played on the ponds, but the magic of Hockey Night is all but gone.
...and during the summer, in the streets, parking lots and empty tennis courts of suburbia like we used to do. (I love that part in the one of the "Wayne's World" movies where they're playing street on hockey and call out - Car! Car! - and move the net.(y))

Peru1936 said:
I long for another generation that thinks of hockey like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD5pctWlzpk&feature=related
"The Sweater". Another classic. Too bad the sound is so low. Speaking of Maruice Richard, have you seen the recent movie about him, "The Rocket"?

Peru1936

Stoo said:
Yes but since this is a NHL thread, I thought I'd just stick to that.;)

Fair enough. I was just being precise. :)

Stoo said:
The late '70s version of the tune is the classic, though. Do you remember the outrage when they changed the theme?"?

I'm still outraged.

Stoo said:
Jacques Plante. Creator of the goalie mask.:eek:

Ah, Jake the Snake. Legend!

Stoo said:
...and during the summer, in the streets, parking lots and empty tennis courts of suburbia like we used to do. (I love that part in the one of the "Wayne's World" movies where they're playing street on hockey and call out - Car! Car! - and move the net.(y)).;)

Indeed. Game on!

Stoo said:
"The Sweater". Another classic. Too bad the sound is so low. Speaking of Maruice Richard, have you seen the recent movie about him, "The Rocket"?

I haven't seen it yet, no.

Stoo

indifan101 said:
Very true cept Montreal hasn't won a Cup since 1993. eeeeesh yikes:eek:
That's true.:eek: I'm not knocking the Red Wings though because they are where it's at these days. One of my friends is a big fan of Steve Yzerman (another Canadian;)).

@Peru1936: As for "The Rocket" movie, it's not that great but worth watching for the subject matter and a few other things. (I spelled "Maurice" wrong!) Also, I skated on a pond before but never actually played hockey on one. Ice-wise, it's been just indoor and bumpy, outdoor rinks.

Now, what kid didn't have one of these?

eaglex.jpg

Peru1936

Stoo said:
@Peru1936: As for "The Rocket" movie, it's not that great but worth watching for the subject matter and a few other things. (I spelled "Maurice" wrong!) Also, I skated on a pond before but never actually played hockey on one. Ice-wise, it's been just indoor and bumpy, outdoor rinks.

Funny, I'm the opposite. I've skated in a rink but never played hockey in one. I'm from Newfoundland and the closest rink was a twenty plus minute drive away; the closest pond was a five minute walk.

Stoo said:
Now, what kid didn't have one of these?

eaglex.jpg

(y)

Finn

Staff member
Indy Scout 117 said:
lol that one belonged to the Sharks!!!! sharks were doing SOOOOO amazing that year, but they lost to the ducks round one of the playoffs...:confused: what the hell happened there!?!?!?!? no bueno....(n)
*sigh* Captain Picard, please report to thread number 65...