NHL Hockey

Goonie

Go 'nucks go!

That would be something. Olympic gold medal game at GM Place. Stanley at GM Place. It would be one helluva year for Vancouver.(y) The streets need to be filled again like they were in February.

The Drifter

I watched my first ever hockey game last night (sad, I know!) between the penguins and the Senators.
I must say that I was engrossed. I never knew hockey was this good. I think it's fair to say that I am now a fan, and will continue to watch this sport.

roundshort

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I watched my first ever hockey game last night (sad, I know!) between the penguins and the Senators.
I must say that I was engrossed. I never knew hockey was this good. I think it's fair to say that I am now a fan, and will continue to watch this sport.

Careful, only Pens games are any good, everyone else blows . . .

WitAndAWhip

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Welcome to the wonderful world of hockey my friend. You picked a great time to start to watching.

You absolutely cannot beat the intensity of playoff hockey. There's just nothing else like it. And I say that as a fan of multiple sports. There's just something about the game of hockey and the Stanley Cup in particular. It's the toughest trophy to win in all of sports. 2 months of epic struggles and emotional ups and downs that either lead to the ultimate payoff or the most crushing heartbreak.

WitAndAWhip

Goonie said:
What's wrong with the 'nucks? They're playing as usual...:mad:
So, nothing then. :) It's been a great series so far. I'm pulling for the Kings and Coyotes in the West but I wouldn't mind seeing the Canucks make a run if they get past the 1st rd.

They just don't have an answer for the Kings PowerPlay.

First Round Bounce, goodnight Devils. The Flyers did what had to be done, but I'm findinging it extremely hard to believe the Devils refused to adjust their game/strategy.

Bunch of pansies, no hitting at all and what shots they did get off were as effective as dumping the puck in the zone and no more.

Ralston burried two from just over the blue line, but the Devils just aren't that kind of team...

Shame.

Hopefully there's some good hockey yet to see.

roundshort

OK Looks liek the Flyers and Caps(?) good they can bat each other to death for a serious.

The Penguins need to stop some pucks from hitting the back fo the net! My god, they have little to no D!

I am glad they finally stopped the Senators.

I am not feeling to great about the Pens chances.

WitAndAWhip

roundshort said:
OK Looks liek the Flyers and Caps(?) good they can bat each other to death for a serious.

The Penguins need to stop some pucks from hitting the back fo the net! My god, they have little to no D!

I am glad they finally stopped the Senators.

I am not feeling to great about the Pens chances.
The Pens need to play better than they did in the 1st rd, that's for sure. They have the ability to make another run but they need to eliminate the mental lapses. They looked complacent at times, but then that tends to happen to defending champions.

And yeah, if the Caps advance the Flyers are gonna give 'em a test. If nothing else they'll beat 'em up a little. :whip:

I'm just loving these matchups. I hopin the Yotes and Kings can make a comeback.

roundshort

WitAndAWhip said:
I'm just loving these matchups. I hopin the Yotes and Kings can make a comeback.

Coyotes are 4-1, in a power play with a minute left in the second, looking like that comeback you requested

WitAndAWhip

roundshort said:
Coyotes are 4-1, in a power play with a minute left in the second, looking like that comeback you requested
The Wings were just too much for 'em in Game 7. It was a great run for the Yotes tho...Can't wait for Rd 2.

Canucks vs BlackHawks (should be intense)
Sharks vs Wings

One more big game 7 tonight. Gotta love it.

indifan101

Phoneix Is Gone

Score a game 7 for Detroit! What's been going on raven been a while lol
a>

indifan101

roundshort said:

Roundshort! Whats going on bro! See the Pens are going back to the semis!

FETT1

indifan101 said:
Score a game 7 for Detroit! What's been going on raven been a while lol
a>

wha???...a bike wheel with a wing ...ohhhhhhh...scary...

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....(y)

Montreal overcomes 3-1 series deficit, holds on for 2-1 Game 7 victory...

“Our best penalty-killer was our goaltender,” Canadiens coach Jacques Martin said.

All three division champions in the East are done already:
Washington, New Jersey :)o ) and Buffalo.

Awesome! Go underdogs!