new Indy Answer from Hasbro

ChromiumBlue37

The 3 3/4 inch figures do come up to the knee of the 12 inch figures.

That is the exact scale Indy was to the Kali Ma statue. It'd be interesting - addition to the 12 inch figure line and performing double duty as playset pieces.

Billy Ray

Goonie said:
I'd buy a Nuked the Fridge deluxe figure!

Looks like we are gonna have to custom make these. I wonder if there are any 50s era doll house fridges available at any hobby/craft shops?

There are tons of dollhouse fridges on eBay!

Nurhachi1991 said:
Come on Spalko you loved that scene!

Yeah, I loved the brilliant symbolism it depicted of Indy standing there watching his franchise and his career getting nuked. That was ingenius of Spielberg, really. (y)

Terence

why ?do most indy fans dislike the fridge scene? ive been 3 times to see KOTCS and that scene is worth admission alone,the audience is silent,the loudness of the blast is amazing and the surprise of that happening in a indy film alll made for a magic scene(y) watching it the 3rd time i picked up bits i missed before like the final words ;i like ike' to that being written on the bomb,the figure would have to have folding parts to fit inside plus the accesories to go with it/orange,tins,shelfs and a worse for wear indy figure pops out,could be very good!what if it had some sort of timer on it or a wind up action,possibilities.

Sorcerer009

Honestly, I'm not surprised. I really don't think Hasbro is going to do very much more with the KOTCS line except for maybe one more wave. I think they wanna concentrate on producing as many action figures from the first three movies before the line ends so that the hardcore fans of the original trilogy keep buying them and don't lose interest.

I think the next (and final) wave of KOTCS figures will consist of another variation of Indy and another Mutt...plus Oxley, Mac and another villian (Dovchenko in diguise perhaps). As much as I'd like to see a KOTCS Marion, Hasbro has said they haven't discussed making her.

indyclone25

Terence said:
why ?do most indy fans dislike the fridge scene? ive been 3 times to see KOTCS and that scene is worth admission alone,the audience is silent,the loudness of the blast is amazing and the surprise of that happening in a indy film alll made for a magic scene(y) watching it the 3rd time i picked up bits i missed before like the final words ;i like ike' to that being written on the bomb,the figure would have to have folding parts to fit inside plus the accesories to go with it/orange,tins,shelfs and a worse for wear indy figure pops out,could be very good!what if it had some sort of timer on it or a wind up action,possibilities.

the only thing i found wrong with the fridge scene that there wasn't more debris around indy --- i mean each of the houses should have had fridges in them too ,right? not to mention stoves and tv's and other heavy type objects

Leiter91

I hated the movie, but if hasbro made it, i'd probably get it, just so i could throw it down the rockiest, steepest hill i could find

Errex

Terence said:

Oddly, the fridge scene did not bother me as much as the monkey scene later on, and even so, a second viewing of the monkey scene grew more tolerable. Go figure.:rolleyes:

Sorcerer009

Does anyone know when the next Q&A from Hasbro is coming?

I'd like to know a little bit more about the upcoming 2009 wave #5...other than just the cruddy low-res pictures they gave us at comic-con.

I'd also like to know whether we're getting a sixth or even a seventh figure other than what was shown (apparently Dietrich or Belloq in suit was confirmed???) and maybe even a pic of the ark ghost deluxe set.

Seriously, is it just me or did it feel like Hasbro promised us a HUGE preview of the upcoming waves for comic-con...and then gave us the shaft.

I, for one, was expecting more than a low-res pic of five action figures.

iLUVINDY

Sorcerer009 said:
Does anyone know when the next Q&A from Hasbro is coming?

I'd like to know a little bit more about the upcoming 2009 wave #5...other than just the cruddy low-res pictures they gave us at comic-con.

I'd also like to know whether we're getting a sixth or even a seventh figure other than what was shown (apparently Dietrich or Belloq in suit was confirmed???) and maybe even a pic of the ark ghost deluxe set.

Seriously, is it just me or did it feel like Hasbro promised us a HUGE preview of the upcoming waves for comic-con...and then gave us the shaft.

I, for one, was expecting more than a low-res pic of five action figures.

I was also expecting soo much more!!! i was so mad, they didnt show anything, i wanted pics of at least the next 2 waves of 2009 and some deluxe figures!!! :mad:

masterJ

Yeah, the comic con presentation was a HUGE disappointment!!! :mad:

I wonder if the Ark ghost might come with Dietrich now?

Im kind of concerned about the well being of this line because of their lack of interest, as seen from their presentation! My walmart pegs are chalk full of wave 1 and 2 with no room for wave 3 and 4. I wonder if they can clearance some out making room for new waves without cancelling the line all together.

HovitosKing

Here's what I predict: we'll get what they've already confirmed, and no more. If there's another Indy movie in the future, we'll get the rest of the "planned" figures released around that film. They probably won't even make as many of waves 3 and 4 as they did 1 and 2, thinking the interest has about fizzled from consumers. Truth be told, Hasbro is probably more responsible for the loss of interest in their figures than the lackluster movie was.

Crappy quality on waves 1-2, major delays in wave 3, and who knows about wave 4 and beyond. Taking forever shipping out the crystal skeleton figure. Hasbro has botched what could have been a lucrative line of action figures.

masterJ

I think this line could make it if they can just get rid of waves 1 and 2 and then send new waves in smaller quantities. Or maybe have the line live on in on-line retail stores?

HovitosKing

masterJ said:
I think this line could make it if they can just get rid of waves 1 and 2 and then send new waves in smaller quantities. Or maybe have the line live on in on-line retail stores?

I think Wal-Mart and Target and TRU are sitting on waves 1 and 2 because they already bought them from Hasbro, and want to see them sold before they invest anything else in the IJ line. They don't want to take a loss on figures just so they can buy more from Hasbro and hope that they sell. And you gotta admit, the kiddies don't want IJ figures anymore. Now it's all about Batman. It's just us collectors left looking for them.

Lambonius

HovitosKing said:
I think Wal-Mart and Target and TRU are sitting on waves 1 and 2 because they already bought them from Hasbro, and want to see them sold before they invest anything else in the IJ line. They don't want to take a loss on figures just so they can buy more from Hasbro and hope that they sell. And you gotta admit, the kiddies don't want IJ figures anymore. Now it's all about Batman. It's just us collectors left looking for them.

Agreed, except for the fact that I still frequently see young kids looking at the Indy figures in my area, whereas the Batman pegs are bloated and overstocked, barely selling at all. A week or so ago, I even saw some kid begging his mom to buy him the Jungle Cutter! Actually, in stores near me, it's the brand new Star Wars Legacy Collection and Clone Wars figures that are selling like hotcakes, and THAT movie isn't even out yet! Although, I have to admit, those Legacy figures are pretty sweet looking, and have been tempting me over to the dark side of collecting Star Wars figures. I know if I get started though, I won't be able to afford both lines, and Indy is ultimately far more important to me on a personal level. ;)