Lost action figure line Over

RichardJones

Anyone collect the LOST mcfarlane action figures

MY LOST DIORAMA
100_0583.jpg

bonoferox

I got Jack and Locke when they first came out, but then I stopped watching the show and didn't get any of the remainders. Some of the best sculpting was done on those toys, though.

fixer79

Nice diorama there, Richard!
But whattaya mean 'over'? As in discontinued?
Darn...I was kinda hoping for an Alex (Tania Raymonde) action figure. ;)

But wait a minute... I remember seeing designs for upcoming figures in a documentary about the McFarlane LOST toys on the season three DVD set... Guess we'll never see those produced then...

I wonder what happened... I doubt the line sold poorly...
Or did it?
:(

bonoferox

It sold immensly well at first since it was released just at the holiday season, but then it really fizzled and places were left almost walls of action figures. Just like what happened with their initial X-Files line.

Series 2 seemed like it had a much lighter distribution, but still never sold well (at least not around here).

Now, FYE's have series 2 figures marked down to about 6.00 each and the Hatch playset is only 14.99, but still not selling.

RichardJones

bonoferox said:
It sold immensly well at first since it was released just at the holiday season, but then it really fizzled and places were left almost walls of action figures. Just like what happened with their initial X-Files line.

Series 2 seemed like it had a much lighter distribution, but still never sold well (at least not around here).

Now, FYE's have series 2 figures marked down to about 6.00 each and the Hatch playset is only 14.99, but still not selling.

I still would have like to have at least one more series. I think the lack of sales was due to the rumor that ABC did not want the Lost action figures to be posed with guns. I like the Sawyer figure I have but how cool would it have been to have the " There's a new sheriff in town Boys, Ya'll best get use to it pose."
I still would have like to had a Sayid, Claire, and maybe a second Jack. Maybe another co. will pickup the line, I have already seen a RAH Jack on sideshowtoy.com. Perhaps there is hope for my Lost collection. Oh well Hasbro and other Indy lines will get my money now(y) . Sorry Mcfarlane (n)

fixer79

Problem is that if another company takes over the line, the sculpting and quality might turn out to be inferior...
Look what happened to the Movie Maniacs line. McFarlane did an excellent job on that but when Neca took it over and it became Cult Classics, the quality sort of plummeted.
Did you see their John McClane figure? (n)

Michael24

I saw the Lost figures previewed at ComiCon in 2006. Even though I didn't like the show, I thought they looked pretty cool and wanted to get the Locke and Shannon figures just to have them, but never saw them in the stores.

fixer79 said:
Problem is that if another company takes over the line, the sculpting and quality might turn out to be inferior...
Look what happened to the Movie Maniacs line. McFarlane did an excellent job on that but when Neca took it over and it became Cult Classics, the quality sort of plummeted.

This one?

page-3413.jpg

I've got that one and think it looks pretty darn sweet. (y)

Though this custom-made one looks awesome!

391-1.jpg

RichardJones

fixer79 said:

I agree , but I would rather have Lost figures that might be a little inferior ,than no more Lost figures. And Neca is up and down with there figures, I got so Pirates figures, some are great , others are crap. But we will see what happens. Mcfarlanes are great and I will still buy any Yankees, and Cowboys they produce but that will be all...

RichardJones

Michael24 said:
I saw the Lost figures previewed at ComiCon in 2006. Even though I didn't like the show, I thought they looked pretty cool and wanted to get the Locke and Shannon figures just to have them, but never saw them in the stores.

This one?

page-3413.jpg

I've got that one and think it looks pretty darn sweet. (y)

Though this custom-made one looks awesome!

391-1.jpg

Spencers and Toys r us carried Lost mcfarlanes, But I never did see them at Wal-mart