Spielberg says "Don't Vote"

Forbidden Eye

While I generally despise the idea of snobby celebrities believing people care about their stances on politics(and especially despise people who's politics are influenced by celebrities), this was hands down the most entertaining and worth-wild thing this despicable election season has given us. Hugely entertaining with no particular bias with a general message that everyone can actually agree on.

Particularly loved the appearances of Ford, Spielberg, Braff and Borat!

Gear

L-O-F'ing-L!

Great.

It's great having Borat intermingled with all those celebs.

"What you do in voting booth is privet... I like to make a hand relief."

Indy~Annie

loved it!!! so cool!!! :D

i was riding home with my parents and i heard this on fox news!!! and i was like....was that Harrison Ford?....was that Shia??? lol really cool(y)

Agent Z

That was great! I also like that it didn't show a bias to either party, but rather just a call to action, period. Good stuff!

sandiegojones

The only thing about that I didn't like was Snoop Dog. I listen to him sometimes, but "vote because a black man could be in the White House". Is that why Obama will be president?

Plus, I didn't think convicted criminals could vote regardless of celebrity. We all know Snoop has legal issues.

Kevin

sandiegojones said:
Plus, I didn't think convicted criminals could vote regardless of celebrity. We all know Snoop has legal issues.

I believe your voting privileges are only restricted if you are convicted of a felony (crime with a possible sentance of one year or longer in prison). Possession of a controlled substance is usually just a misdemeanor.

Vance

Kevin said:
I believe your voting privileges are only restricted if you are convicted of a felony (crime with a possible sentance of one year or longer in prison). Possession of a controlled substance is usually just a misdemeanor.

Federal elections are actually not direct-based, but representative based. It's up to each State to decide who is eligible to vote (within the framework of the Constitution) and how that vote is to count. That said, most (I'm a little hesistant to say 'all') do in fact bar convicted felons from voting.

Possession is generally a misdemeanor, though it can vary depending on the amount and also the number of convictions already had. (The 'three strikes' laws, for instance, elevate a crime to a felony if they're convicted of the same thing twice times already.)

Vance

sandiegojones said:
The only thing about that I didn't like was Snoop Dog. I listen to him sometimes, but "vote because a black man could be in the White House". Is that why Obama will be president?

Unfortunately, yes. If you pin down most of Obama's supporters, that's the answer you will very sadly come up with.

sandiegojones

I like that they made this video, but we all know what they mean by "getting out the vote".

I don't think all democrats are crazy, but a few of them are just totally out of touch with reality and the democrats in charge right now are way too far to the left. They DO NOT represent everyone. I would have been much happier with Hillary because she has the balls to stick up to other party leaders! Obama will be Lyndon Johnson all over again.

Spielberg, Leo & Harrison are okay, but Tom Cruise believes in Thetans fo Christ's sake!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thetan

Finn

Staff member
There was also a guy who said that he's going to vote because there's a female vice president, you missed that?

Hasn't it occured to you that your reasons to pick a candidate could be complete BS to somebody else? Everybody who was on that video gave us a different reason to vote, and I figured that the point was that every individual might have a different reason to do it. And if a that's an important enough reason for Snoop Dogg, then it is. Don't dis it.

A person's motives to vote shouldn't matter, all that does is that they get out and DO IT. As it's the only way to uphold a democracy. Shame on you.

The Man

According to Scientology, when a person dies – or, in Scientology terms, when a thetan abandons its physical body – they go to a "landing station" on the planet Venus, where the thetan is re-implanted and told lies about its past life and its next life. The Venusians take the thetan, "capsule" it, and send it back to Earth to be dumped into the ocean off the coast of California.

monkey-1.jpg

sandiegojones

Finn said:
There was also a guy who said that he's going to vote because there's a female vice president, you missed that?

Hasn't it occured to you that your reasons to pick a candidate could be complete BS to somebody else? Everybody who was on that video gave us a different reason to vote, and I figured that the point was that every individual might have a different reason to do it. And if a that's an important enough reason for Snoop Dogg, then it is. Don't dis it.

A person's motives to vote shouldn't matter, all that does is that they get out and DO IT. As it's the only way to uphold a democracy. Shame on you.
People should vote based on issues and principles. How is that BS?

Motives do matter! People used to be motivated to vote for racists because they hated black people.

Shame on you. You don't know who I'm voting for either so F off! Being a moderator doesn't make you all knowing!

Last edited:

Vance

Finn said:

I'll actually disagree here. If we said 'people's movites shouldn't matter', then we would still have segregation, and even slavery. Also, please remember that all of Europe's 1930s fascists were popularly elected.

I can't STOP someone from voting who has terrible motives, as they have the right to vote anyway, but I can damn well attack their motives.

Lance Quazar

Vance said:
Unfortunately, yes. If you pin down most of Obama's supporters, that's the answer you will very sadly come up with.

Complete bull****. Astonishing in its level of ignorance.*

Vance

Lance Quazar said:
Complete bull****. Astonishing in its level of ignorance.*

Really? Then why is it that the majority of people polled who support his Presidency cannot even describe his political positions? Even Howard Stern, who is by no means a conservative politico, was forced to see exactly how much race is playing this time out.

Even Colin Powell initially cited the 'importance of Obama's transendant presidency' (in terms of race) as being the primary reason for his endorsement. He had to back off later, but his original comments are preserved on YouTube.

I deal with Obama supporters all day, and, yes, the fact that he's black is the primary reason a lot of these guys are supporting him - out of some idea that voting for a black man would alleviate them of any racial guilt that they have, and that they're PROVING their tolerance and 'good-personism' by doing so.

Gear

Vance said:
I deal with Obama supporters all day, and, yes, the fact that he's black is the primary reason a lot of these guys are supporting him - out of some idea that voting for a black man would alleviate them of any racial guilt that they have, and that they're PROVING their tolerance and 'good-personism' by doing so.

Yeah, that's what I've been feeling towards a lot (but not all) of his supporters, but you put it in better words.

The Man said:
According to Scientology, when a person dies – or, in Scientology terms, when a thetan abandons its physical body – they go to a "landing station" on the planet Venus, where the thetan is re-implanted and told lies about its past life and its next life. The Venusians take the thetan, "capsule" it, and send it back to Earth to be dumped into the ocean off the coast of California.

And people think Pagans are evil, this is War of the Worlds!

Finn

Staff member
sandiegojones said:
Shame on you. You don't know who I'm voting for either so F off! Being a moderator doesn't make you all knowing!
And where did I say that I think lowly of your reasons? Please show it out to me.

Just when I thought that I specifically said it shouldn't matter who votes for who and why - and that means you too. It's all I DO know concerning this issue.
But sure, if you think that not controlling your temper and insulting your fellow man after misunderstanding him is the way to go, it's all cool with me...

Vance said:
I can't STOP someone from voting who has terrible motives, as they have the right to vote anyway, but I can damn well attack their motives.
Why didn't you chagrin that fellow then who said that voting is impotant because there's a woman on the ballot, hmm?