KotCS- the very official [Mod sanctioned, Prof] 'how do I acquire my tickets' thread

torao

Moderator Emeritus
I can't believe I've got two tickets for a May 21st 8pm screening lying on my desk right now... :D

I know I was the first to buy at my local AMC - because the workers didn't even know they were selling them yet!

The fact that no one else is taking as active an interest in the showing here makes me wonder just how early to show up at the theater, though. I showed up 2 hours early for Pirates of the Caribbean 3, but was sitting outside the theater with only my friend for at least 90 minutes of that... did the same for Return of the King and there were many more people ahead of us - so obviously it depends on the franchise...

When is everyone else planning to arrive and how long are you planning to wait in line?

Same here. I hope the screening will be packed but I have no idea what to expect affluxion-wise. It's the only theater in town without seat reservation. But I remember going there to see Return (edit:Revenge!) Of The Sith on opening day with a friend. We arrived a bit earlier than usual but were quite surprised that we were the only ones showing up at that time.

Last edited:

TheLastCrusader

Agent Spalko said:
Got my tickets to the 12:01am and the 12:45pm. Stay up late, watch it, go home and crash, get up, go see it again! (y)
Wow! I think I'll at least wait until the end of the week to see it again :)

Crack that whip

While running around a little while ago I swung by the theater at which I intend to catch a midnight opening showing, but I was told they wouldn't sell tickets at the box office until a week before it opened. They suggested I try Fandango. Perhaps I shall...

davros72

Typical. The theater that I am going to see the midnight showing at *finally* has its midnight showing tickets for sale... but listed as Tuesday night, not Wednesday night. Of *all* that chain's theaters that will be showing KOTCS, why is the one *I* am seeing it at the one that has the date/time messed up on the ticket ordering?? I ordered the Tuesday midnight showing anyway so I didn't miss out, and also emailed the manager of that theater to confirm that my tickets would be honored on the actual night.

Why couldn't it just have gone smoothly? I just wanted my tickets so I didn't have to worry about it for the next two weeks. Now I *do* have to worry, even though I've ordered my tickets. Grrrrr...

:mad:

Dr Jones

VUE Cinema, Festival Place, Baingstoke.

Screen 1, of course.

5:30pm.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

....yeah, guess I am excited.

(I'd cover your ears if I were you...)

YAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

:gun:

(y)

sarah navarro

Dr Jones said:
VUE Cinema, Festival Place, Baingstoke.

Screen 1, of course.

5:30pm.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

....yeah, guess I am excited.

(I'd cover your ears if I were you...)

YAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

:gun:

(y)
Im so happy too,my moms drove me all the way to our theatre today afterschool becuase we made plans to go buy them today,then to celebrate when went out to eat afterwards!(y) (y) (y) They had a big sign that flashed the KOTCS posters and saying to come buy tickets for the midnight showing,i was so happy.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal SKull

May 22nd,Thursday

12:00 a.m.

$8.75

...thank you Heather Abott for selling me my tickets,yeah thats her name on my ticket!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
That's great news, Sarah! I'm glad you got your midnight showing tickets! (y)

I just picked up my doublepass on Friday and found out that it isn't a midnight showing but a preview screening 6.30pm on the 21st.

But still... I did win these tickets! (y)

sarah navarro

Violet Indy said:
That's great news, Sarah! I'm glad you got your midnight showing tickets! (y)

I just picked up my doublepass on Friday and found out that it isn't a midnight showing but a preview screening 6.30pm on the 21st.

But still... I did win these tickets! (y)
Thanks Violet Indy (y)
I hope you have fun at your preview screening,how many people will be there?

Marty Jones

Anybody know if Carmike Cinemas are doing midnight showings? That's the only theater remotely close by and their website doesn't say anything about a midnight show.

FETT1

Got Mine!:)

..MAY 22nd...@1:00
..used the COSTCO CINEPLEX(CANADA)coupon...2 Adult admissions,2 drinks plus popcorn..23.00 total...
....whhhhoooooooo hoooooooooooooo...

FETT1:whip:

I finally booked mine for the Leicester Square Odeon for next Wednesday's midnight screening. I never knew the place cost so much (nearly £20!), but it's where I've been planning to see the film for ages. Managed the third row of the balcony...

Matthew

That's pounds? I hope London jobs pay extremely well, because that's like $40 US dollars, which is also about what the new Indy dvd set costs, or two dinners at a restaurant. Though the occasion has no price after paying 19 years.

ReggieSnake

$9.50 here, our regular Adult evening showing price is $8.50. Our chain was recently sold to Marcus Theaters, though, and I hear the prices are going to go up.(n)
Violet Indy said:
That's great news, Sarah! I'm glad you got your midnight showing tickets!

But still... I did win these tickets!
Wow! You are going to see the movie 22 hrs and 29 min before I do!?! That's a whole day before California Indy fans head to their midnight showings!:whip: Very cool.:cool:

Marty Jones said:
Anybody know if Carmike Cinemas are doing midnight showings? That's the only theater remotely close by and their website doesn't say anything about a midnight show.
I'd call, they should know by now whether they are doing a midnight showing or not. It might just be that you can't buy the tickets online.