Iron Man 2

Niteshade007

The Man said:

I don't remember Tony Stark's dad being in the first one at all, but I've only seen it once, and it was awhile ago.

Joe Brody said:
Sadly, given the state of Hollywood, to some actors, I bet to most actors super hero films seem to be the only ticket in town.

True. Look at how famous Robert Downey Jr. has become with people my age. And lord knows Gwyneth Paltrow needed a hit film again.

deckard24

Joe Brody said:
Sadly, given the state of Hollywood, to some actors, I bet to most actors super hero films seem to be the only ticket in town.
Very true!

There's been a bunch of more serious, independent, less mainstream actors that have taken the superhero route over the last few years. Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, Heath Ledger, Cillian Murphy, Tom Wilkinson, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Kevin Spacey, Parker Posey, James Franco, and Willem Dafoe just to name a few.

The Man

Black Widow..?

emily-blunt8.jpg

TheMutt92

The deal w/ Blunt...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=8027

Blunt No Longer Available for Iron Man 2?
Source:Variety January 30, 2009

Variety is reporting that Emily Blunt has been cast opposite Jack Black and Jason Segel in Gulliver's Travels. Problem is, the film shoots at almost the same time as Iron Man 2. We quote...

Blunt had already been offered the role of Black Widow in "Iron Man 2," but that may not be an option because of "Gulliver's Travels." Fox holds an option on the actress that was part of her deal when she co-starred in "The Devil Wears Prada," and the studio may invoke it to see that she takes part in the giant tale.

While Blunt's reps are still trying to work out scheduling so she can play both roles, it will be an uphill battle because of scheduling overlap. "Gulliver's Travels" will shoot in the U.K. in late March; "Iron Man 2" is expected to begin lensing in early April in Manhattan Beach, Calif.

Earlier this week it seemed that Marvel Entertainment would have to go back to the drawing board to find an actress to play Natasha Romanoff, the Soviet superspy who moonlights as Black Widow, a beauty in a skintight black costume enhanced by high-tech weaponry. But by late Thursday, it looked like Fox and Blunt's reps were feeling more optimistic that she could do both projects.

So that ends on a positive note... let's hope she can indeed do both.

The Man

For now, file under 'Horny Fanboy Wish Fulfillment Rumour'...

With Emily Blunt on the brink of dropping out as Natasha Romanoff aka The Black Widow in the upcoming IRON MAN 2, it seems Paramount is already moving on to the next smoking hot candidate and, according to "Hollywood Insider", they're looking to initiate talks with the gloriously chested Scarlett Johansson.

Niteshade007

As beautiful as Scarlett is, she really is a terrible actress. I have seen her in only two things where I thought she was convincing (Lost in Translation and He's Just Not That Into You). Nearly everything else she's done, from The Man Who Wasn't There to The Spirit, she has been pretty awful.

A2Steve

Niteshade007 said:
As beautiful as Scarlett is, she really is a terrible actress. I have seen her in only two things where I thought she was convincing (Lost in Translation and He's Just Not That Into You). Nearly everything else she's done, from The Man Who Wasn't There to The Spirit, she has been pretty awful.

come on! she has two great assets!

1) she's great when paired with an SNL alum- Bill Murray in LiT was awesome! I liked it so much, I took a job in Asia! long story short, it's been very worthwhile! :gun:

2) the other asset (assets really) havent been explored yet as much as they could in film, but I hear she really wants to reveal her true self, in more ways than one! now, as long as they go for an 'R' in IM2! ;)

too bad they already used the "Iron Monger" facet for the first- that and Tony's alcoholism were part of him losing Stark Ind. in the comics. adding those up for the IM2 would help set up IM3, with him re-building the company as "Circuits Maximus!" I dont know what's scarier, the fact I remember that name, or am proud of it!

Dyonus

For those of you who don't understand about Samuel L. Jackson playing Nick Fury...blame the Ultimates universe. Originally they made Nick Fury black and then when they got permission to use Jackson's likeness/Jackson wanted to be in the comics they started drawing Fury as Jackson and he's been that way ever since.

Now...here's the "it could be worse" part. When Jackson approached Marvel, he said he wanted to be Captain America. He settled for Nick Fury. (If you read Ultimate Six of Ultimate Spider-Man, you can see him wearing a basketball jersey that looks like Cap's costume.)

Being a reader of both mainstream Marvel and Ultimate Marvel, I happen to like black Fury better.

TheMutt92

Oscar news...

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=53140

Emily Blunt Definitely Out of Iron Man 2?
Source: The Playlist February 23, 2009

The Playlist reports that Iron Man 2 director Jon Favreau was interviewed on Oscar night and he said that Fox exercised its option for Emily Blunt to star in Gulliver's Travels causing her to become unavailable for the sequel.

Favreau didn't say anything about Scarlett Johansson possibly taking over the role of Russian superspy Natasha Romanoff, who doubles as Black Widow.

The only thing he said about Mickey Rourke is that he "isn't officially cast but that he is a fan."

Meanwhile, Robert Downey Jr. said last night before the Oscars started that they are still trying to get Rourke to play a villain. He was quoted as saying that they are "slaving away on a hot script" for Iron Man 2.

The Man

|ZiR| said:
I hope they can get Rourke. He's one hot mess.

As a straight guy, I can easily agree that Mickey was truly gorgeous twenty years ago - and appealingly weathered today.