Indiana Jones Vault?

lao che & sons

I recently recieved the Star Wars Vault book. It is phenominal. If you haven't pick one up, you'll find it's full of surprises;) It has tons of reproduced items such as design sketches, and even a fast food paper model of a landspeeder!

So why don't they make an indiana jones vault. The satr wars one was for the 30th aniverary of episode 4 so why not an indy vault for raiders 30th?
(y)

I could include a draft of the last crusade story treatment, a cd with the soundtrack from the disney land ride, and various sound clips. THis could really be amazing. Just an idea anyways:p

Attila the Professor

Staff member
lao che & sons said:
I recently recieved the Star Wars Vault book. It is phenominal. If you haven't pick one up, you'll find it's full of surprises;) It has tons of reproduced items such as design sketches, and even a fast food paper model of a landspeeder!

So why don't they make an indiana jones vault. The satr wars one was for the 30th aniverary of episode 4 so why not an indy vault for raiders 30th?
(y)

I could include a draft of the last crusade story treatment, a cd with the soundtrack from the disney land ride, and various sound clips. THis could really be amazing. Just an idea anyways:p

Seems like a decent enough idea, though as always, the market for an Indiana Jones edition is not as vast as that for a Star Wars edition.

Incidentally, the Temple of the Forbidden Eye track is available on multiple Disney releases, if you don't have it already.

lao che & sons

Attila the Professor said:
Seems like a decent enough idea, though as always, the market for an Indiana Jones edition is not as vast as that for a Star Wars edition.

Incidentally, the Temple of the Forbidden Eye track is available on multiple Disney releases, if you don't have it already.

well I do, but I'm just saying they had the one from star tours in the star wars cd. And yes, I agree there isn't too much they could put in. But I would like to see what they come up with.(y)

Plus 2011 is the 30th aniversary of Raiders... and a possible release date for Indy 5(if it happens) so that may be the best time to go for it(y)

lao che & sons said:
So why don't they make an indiana jones vault.

I think the closest you'll get to that is "The Greatest Adventures of Indiana Jones"

51FUlheGCWL._SS500_.jpg

The Greatest Adventures of Indiana Jones is a large hardcover scrapbook written by Helen Otway and published in the United Kingdom in 1 Oct 2008. It details the events of the four Indiana Jones feature films from the perspective of René Belloq and his unnamed son.

The book collects many removable and fold-out material, including:

a short comic book drawn by Indy himself, "Young Indiana Jones and the Cross of Coronado"
the Nazi telegram mentioning Abner Ravenwood, as intercepted by American intelligence
an invitation to Indy and Marion's wedding on October 18, 1957

Product Description
The adventures of Indiana Jones come to life with this fantastic interactive book - full of letters, lenticular images, heat sensitive ink and lots of other secrets to uncover!

From the Back Cover
For the first time, Indiana Jones' greatest adventures are revealed, as documented by his arch-rival, Rene Belloq and his son. Read the diaries of the embittered archaeologists as they follow Dr. Jones across the world on his search for some of history's most powerful lost artefacts - The Ark of the Covenant, the Sankara Stones, the Holy Grail and the fabled Crystal Skull.
Far flung locations, loyal sidekicks and terrifying enemies are all featured in this detailed account of Indiana's journeys.

Read the diaries, follow the journey, live the adventure...

Peru1936

For the 30th of Raiders, I want a theatrical re-release. There was a small movement to re-release Superman theatrically for its 30th last year, but alas the movement didn't have enough steam.

We should get on it now to get Lucas on the ball.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
lao che & sons said:
And yes, I agree there isn't too much they could put in. But I would like to see what they come up with.(y)

You misunderstand me. I'm sure there are things worth putting into the book. I'm more suspect about the number of people who would buy it.

lao che & sons

Attila the Professor said:
You misunderstand me. I'm sure there are things worth putting into the book. I'm more suspect about the number of people who would buy it.

well that's why they do it for the 30th of raiders. B/c 2011 is when Indy 5 COULD come out. THat way it's in the public's eyes and has a better chance of doing well. ;) But yes, there is a huge difference between star wars and indiana jones fan base wise:(

Peru1936 said:
For the 30th of Raiders, I want a theatrical re-release. There was a small movement to re-release Superman theatrically for its 30th last year, but alas the movement didn't have enough steam.

We should get on it now to get Lucas on the ball.

well, what are we going to do? send him a petition:p because those have always worked:rolleyes:

We, as a fan base, all need to do something big to let lucas know that Raiders needs to be put in theatres for it's 30th(y) But we just have to figure out what that will be:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

IndyBr

An Indy Vault would be great! :D
I have the Star Wars Vault, and it is indeed terrific.
There is a lot of cool stuff inside, I wonder how nice it would be if they made a Indiana Jones one!
But the Vault (at least the Star Wars one) is more expensive than the avarege Indiana Jones book. Maybe they wouldn't release it because, as Attila the Professor said, there would be little public to buy it?

Last edited:

Montana Smith

IndyBr said:
An Indy Vault would be great! :D
I have the Star Wars Vault, and it is indeed terrific.
There is a lot of cool stuff inside, I wonder how nice it would be if they made a Indiana Jones one!
But the Vault (at least the Star Wars one) is more expensive than the avarege Indiana Jones book. Maybe they wouldn't release it because, as Attila the Professor said, there would be little public to buy it?

I have a Star Wars book that sounds very similar, but it's entited "Star Wars Scrapbook: The Essential Collection" by Stephen J. Sansweet, published in the UK by Virgin, 1998, by arrangement with Chronicle Books, USA. It has a ringbinder spine and a velcro-flap cover. Is this the same as the 'Vault'? It reproduces fast food packets, cut and fold models, stickers, adverts etc etc.

I have 'The Greatest Adventures of Indiana Jones' that Rocket highlighted - it's a similar sort of thing, except that it's more akin to a pop-up book with hidden props. Some of them are pretty well hidden, and you find yourself running your fingers over every page in case you missed something!

Exulted Unicron

They did a Marvel Vault in 2005. I picked that up. It had repro comics, MMMS material and loads of other items from Marvel's history from the 1920s and 30s, right up until 2005.

I personally think an Indy Vault in the style of that would be well recieved by fans and collectors. Having stuff like reproduction articles, script pages, photos, fan club stuff, stamps ect ect

Montana Smith

Exulted Unicron said:
They did a Marvel Vault in 2005. I picked that up. It had repro comics, MMMS material and loads of other items from Marvel's history from the 1920s and 30s, right up until 2005.

I personally think an Indy Vault in the style of that would be well recieved by fans and collectors. Having stuff like reproduction articles, script pages, photos, fan club stuff, stamps ect ect

They could put in all those goodies that you're supposed to print off to fill Henry Sr.'s Grail Diary.

IndyBr

Montana Smith said:
I have a Star Wars book that sounds very similar, but it's entited "Star Wars Scrapbook: The Essential Collection" by Stephen J. Sansweet, published in the UK by Virgin, 1998, by arrangement with Chronicle Books, USA. It has a ringbinder spine and a velcro-flap cover. Is this the same as the 'Vault'? It reproduces fast food packets, cut and fold models, stickers, adverts etc etc.

Well, the concept is pretty much the same, even the autor, Stephen Sansweet.
But they are two diferent books, since the Vault was released for the 30th aniversary.
The book came with reproductions of stufs like animation cells (from the Droids cartoon), George's anotations from the movies, some sketches, envitations, a cut and fold Landspeeder, and a lot of other cool things. It also came with two audio cd's, in one of then you can hear Princess Leia singing, from the Holyday Special.
It's worth having, just like it would be worth having an Indy one.

Is this "Greatest Adventures" worth buying? I didn't buy it before because I though it was a book aimed more at childrens.

Stoo

Montana Smith said:
They could put in all those goodies that you're supposed to print off to fill Henry Sr.'s Grail Diary.
There are some pages in the book, "From Star Wars to Indiana Jones - The Lucasfilm Archives", which also has a load of photos of props, models, storyboards, etc. Now THAT is a great book!(y)
IndyBr said:
Is this "Greatest Adventures" worth buying? I didn't buy it before because I though it was a book aimed more at childrens.
Even though it is aimed at kids, it's pretty cool. For more info & pics, check out this thread: The Greatest Adventures of Indiana Jones

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Even though it is aimed at kids, it's pretty cool.

I second that opinion! It's a great novelty book, cleverly put together. I couldn't bring myself to pay the cover price, so I waited for a quiet day on Ebay when nobody else seemed to be bothered to bid (I did the same with the 'Lost Journal').

The one book I would recommend spending money on is 'The Complete Making of...' which is invaluable.

lao che & sons

While the 'greatest adventures book looks somewhat like what I'm talking about the complete making of... is probably the closest well get to an Indy Vault, it's the best $35 I've ever spent:p I would die, if they made THAT into an Indy Vault it has a lot of potential for it too(y)

Exulted Unicron

I picked up my copy of Complete Making Of... for £19.99 in Waterstones's sale just before christmas. Same day, I snagged Further Adventures Omnibus vol 2 and KOTCS: A Photographic Journey.

I admit, the Makign of is an incredible book with loads of facts and awesome pictures.

lao che & sons

Exulted Unicron said:
I picked up my copy of Complete Making Of... for £19.99 in Waterstones's sale just before christmas. Same day, I snagged Further Adventures Omnibus vol 2 and KOTCS: A Photographic Journey.

I admit, the Makign of is an incredible book with loads of facts and awesome pictures.

is it it persay information that the average indy fan knows if they've done their research... like me:rolleyes: