Merchandise Graphics and Art

JackBurton

Today I received my Akator Temple Race Game. One thing I notoced is that the graphic of Indy running away with the skull in his hand is one of the best drawn official art released. It's looking just amazing.
I looked around the net if I could find the artist and maybe a text-less graphic. On my search I stumble upon this side http://www.conceptopolis.com/News/?p=16
Pretty nice examples of the Hasbro Vehicle packages.

My question now is if anybody know who the artist for the other merchandise is or which company made them? Or the best solution where I can find them(y)

I'm looking especially for the mentioned Akator Race Graphic and the Adventure Heroes cartoonesque graphics from hasbro. I hope there is someone who can help.

JackBurton said:
Today I received my Akator Temple Race Game. One thing I notoced is that the graphic of Indy running away with the skull in his hand is one of the best drawn official art released. It's looking just amazing.
I looked around the net if I could find the artist and maybe a text-less graphic. On my search I stumble upon this side http://www.conceptopolis.com/News/?p=16
Pretty nice examples of the Hasbro Vehicle packages.

My question now is if anybody know who the artist for the other merchandise is or which company made them? Or the best solution where I can find them(y)

I'm looking especially for the mentioned Akator Race Graphic and the Adventure Heroes cartoonesque graphics from hasbro. I hope there is someone who can help.
Thanks for the link! I save the packaging because I love some of that artwork. There are some people here who can help, but will they?

JackBurton

I also save the packages of all my Indy stuff (everything else, mostly SW figures, I only save the cardbacks). There are some graphic designs on them which are truly amazing. It would be cool to use them as a desktop wallpaper or something else.

Found another interesting picture. A concept Art for the Akator game, dated 2007. Interesting progress since then. http://www.beach-studios.com/illus/illus_files/IndianaJones.jpg

JackBurton said:
I also save the packages of all my Indy stuff (everything else, mostly SW figures, I only save the cardbacks). There are some graphic designs on them which are truly amazing. It would be cool to use them as a desktop wallpaper or something else.

Found another interesting picture. A concept Art for the Akator game, dated 2007. Interesting progress since then. http://www.beach-studios.com/illus/illus_files/IndianaJones.jpg
You could always scan them...

The Akator game art is nice, looks like it's taken from the fram in Raiders as he jumps the pit in the beginning.

Chck out the Digital Versions thread, theres some nice stuff there like the 80's Atari art work.

Billy Ray

I have always loved the artwork on the box for the "Lost Temple of Akator" playset for Hasbro's 3 3/4" figures:

61MlXs8TSjL.jpg

inky_skin

Can't say for sure, but I think the Akator artwork may be by Jerry Vanderstelt. I know he's done work for Hasbro as evidenced by this post over on the Sideshow forums. Looks pretty close.

Hasbro's packaging for the 2008 Indy line was created by Pilot. They may be able to assist in your search for artist info.

Let us know what you discover...

EDIT: Jerry states in the Sideshow thread that he did NOT create the Akator game artwork :( - however, I still like him for the playset box art.

Last edited:

Indy's brother

JackBurton said:

You're right about that artwork, it's pretty spiffy for sure:

1056-943.jpg

I got this as a gift the christmas before last, and I can't believe I didn't give the art on the box a second look!

JackBurton

inky_skin said:
Can't say for sure, but I think the Akator artwork may be by Jerry Vanderstelt. I know he's done work for Hasbro as evidenced by this post over on the Sideshow forums. Looks pretty close.

Hasbro's packaging for the 2008 Indy line was created by Pilot. They may be able to assist in your search for artist info.

Let us know what you discover...

EDIT: Jerry states in the Sideshow thread that he did NOT create the Akator game artwork :( - however, I still like him for the playset box art.

Thanks for those infos. I send an e-mail to Pilot Studios, looking forward to their reply.