Lighten up!

Deadlock

Has anybody noticed that it has been a little tense in the Raven lately?

I was on earlier, and there were plenty of people on, but not a whole lot of new posts. The usually bustling Off Topic table seemed entirely deserted. I?m guessing the reluctant mood has a lot to do with the fireworks from earlier? Anyway, let?s get a thread going with funny/stupid/amazing stories to try to lighten it up a notch or two.

I can get depressed and ticked off at work, no need to venture to a hole in the wall in Nepal/cyberspace in my free time to get my knickers in a bind. C?mon you can do it, a little Raven community service will do us all some good.

Let me get the ball rolling. Can?t guarantee that I will be amusing or diverting, but all I can do is try. :)

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away (known as California)?

I was but a lad, visiting family. My grandfather, an assistant film director of little to no renown, nevertheless had some connections at Paramount Studios. One of his buddies agreed to get us onto the sets of the hot new show that was going to be coming out that fall? ?Star Trek: The Next Generation.? We were pretty pumped. So after touring the sets, including random alien planet #83, the bridge, the engine room, we were strolling through some random bits of corridor. As I turned the corner, there was Michael Dorn in the full Worf getup. :eek:

Now, keep in mind I was a kid at the time, and the only Klingons that had been seen on film up until this point were of the bad-ass, knife-you-just-as-soon-look-at-you Star Trek 3 variety. So, can you guess my reaction to Mr. Worf? If you guessed, ?almost soil yourself? you would be right. (In retrospect, that jerk Michael Dorn also seemed to enjoy remaining in character? :)) After the show came out on TV and I realized that Worf was a GOOD guy, I felt like a serious pansy. :eek:

Anyway, there?s my attempt to lighten the place up. Please throw another log on the fire!

Tennessee R

Deadlock said:
I can get depressed and ticked off at work, no need to venture to a hole in the wall in Nepal/cyberspace in my free time to get my knickers in a bind. C?mon you can do it, a little Raven community service will do us all some good."

"I'm not getting my 'knickers in a twist'" :)
Agent Cody Banks 2

Well, I think that a good comedy movie could lighten the spirit.
How about 'Uncorked'? or 'Mission to Mars'? :D