Where are pix of the Unproduced Raiders Wave?

DetectiveFork

I recall seeing pictures of Hasbro's unreleased Raiders wave in finished form, but now I can't find them. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

DetectiveFork said:
I recall seeing pictures of Hasbro's unreleased Raiders wave in finished form, but now I can't find them. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Does this help? :)

375_unproducedROTLAwave.jpg

Lance Quazar

Oh, great. I had just FINALLY gotten over this tremendous heartbreak. Now someone has to pour fresh salt into that old wound.

It would have been the one year anniversary of this amazing line of figures.

Sniff, sniff....

Crack that whip

You know, while I realize most toy collectors / enthusiasts here probably lean more toward action figures and less towards brick construction sets, FWIW LEGO saw fit to give us at least three of those - Marion in the white dress, Satipo and the German mechanic - along with not one but two other versions of Marion, two versions of Willie, Jock, and many more. All the LEGO sets (save certain convention / trade show exclusives) were far more readily available than much of Hasbro's stuff, too, and for much longer (the most recent wave can still easily be found now).

Just sayin'...
;) :hat:

Lance Quazar

Crack that whip said:
You know, while I realize most toy collectors / enthusiasts here probably lean more toward action figures and less towards brick construction sets, FWIW LEGO saw fit to give us at least three of those - Marion in the white dress, Satipo and the German mechanic - along with not one but two other versions of Marion, two versions of Willie, Jock, and many more. All the LEGO sets (save certain convention / trade show exclusives) were far more readily available than much of Hasbro's stuff, too, and for much longer (the most recent wave can still easily be found now).

Just sayin'...
;) :hat:

The Indiana Jones lego line was definitely impressive, no doubt about that. A real treat for Indy and Lego aficinados.

But, some years ago, while in the middle madly collecting Hasbro's Star Wars offerings, I decided on impulse to pick up a couple lego pieces.

I had so much fun assembling and playing with the lego pieces that I locked them away in my closet and soon gave them away to goodwill.

I was dangerously close to falling into another bottomless hole of collecting madness. I'm sure I would have gone insane or broke or both. I was (just barely) able to resist the allure.

Crack that whip

Heh. Believe me, I do know a little something about the perils of addiction to multiple fields of collecting (and other fannish pursuits) of one's pop-culture obsessions. :eek:

In my case, though, I came to the realization some years ago that while I had tremendous affection for my memories of action figure days, and Kenner / Hasbro will always have a place in my heart, I'm really much more fond of LEGO's offerings (and not just the Lucasfilm-licensed stuff) than anything from other toy vendors. I decided to eschew action figures and related toys, to better feed the LEGO habit. I plan to eventually sell or trade off most of the remaining figures and figure vehicles, playsets, etc. I have, though I'm sure I'll always still keep around at least a few old-school Kenner Star Wars items for their sentimental value and "historic-ness"...

Exulted Unicron

It makes me wonder if we'll see them next year, at the Raiders 30th Anniversary. Although it did annoy me that we never saw Toht, yet his body is SDCC Cobra Commander.

lao che & sons

Jeeze. This just keeps coming back, in July I had just about gotten over these things then we were teased with the infamous "Comic Conn Scam of '09" I had just gotten over that in January and now here we are again:(

Dr Bones

Exulted Unicron said:
It makes me wonder if we'll see them next year, at the Raiders 30th Anniversary. Although it did annoy me that we never saw Toht, yet his body is SDCC Cobra Commander.

I'd be amazed if we see any new Indy until the next film.

Montana Smith

Dr Bones said:
I'd be amazed if we see any new Indy until the next film.

Those are my thoughts. If Hasbro couldn't continue them with KOTCS still fresh in people's minds I don't think they'll risk giving us these much needed figures until maybe just before the release of Indy V - something to raise a level of interest in the shops to promote the film.

inky_skin

mister64 said:
Inkyskin,

Are you interested in duplicating your beautiful customs and selling them to us Raveners? :D

Flattery will get you everywhere. Sadly, the cost of action figures here in the UK right now is making customising impossible. I tried to calculate what the "Final 5" would cost me to make at current rates (ie, sourcing figures from evilBay)...

- Indy (German Soldier Disguise) (£12) = Regular Indy (£4) + German Soldier (£8)
- Marion (£20) = Fireside Padme (£4) + Regular Marion (£4) + Golden Compass Serephina (£12)
- Toht (£50) = Vintage Toht (£15) + SDCC Cobra Commander (£30) + Naboo Soldier (£5)
- Satipo (£16) = Clone Gunner (£8) + Henry Sr (£4) + Cemetary Warrior (£4)
- German Mechanic (£36) = Golden Compass Lord Azreal (£10) + Serpentor (£10) + German Soldier (£8) + Chief Thugee (£8)

I'm happy to give you any advice / tutorials you need to make your own - but I'd price myself out of the market if I offered to make them for other people. Besides, we all know you can't sell stuff at TheRaider ;)

tnswman

I posted the photos of the Prototypes of these figures that are in my collection on this board last year. They are still safe and sound.