Hitler TV special

Kumba

Did anybody watch that TV movie about Hitler on CBS? I did, but I didn't like the way the creators ended it.

Duguay

I watched it, because I was fascinated by the story of how a person who is not completely right in the head is able to make himself ruler of a country. I thought the first half was a little lacking in quality somehow, it's hard to explain. The second half was a little more up to speed. I wonder how close that interpretation was to the real history and the real character of Hitler. I agree on your one point, though, the ending is depressing, but it makes a nice warm up for when Star Wars episode III is released, that one won't be a happy ending either. I wouldn't object to a follow up--Hitler, the fall of evil, culminating with his suicide in the bunker.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I'm sure the question they will raise with the follow up is, did he really die in the bunker that day?

Duguay

Oh, I was thinking of the one starring Michael Sheard. ;) Although that movie really only features a cameo of Hitler. :)

Kumba

It's possible that Hitler escaped to Argentina on one of those 3 U-boats that left Germany at the end of the war. I was watching this thing on the history channel that talked about that. Another show I watched said that when the Russians supposedly found Hitler's dead body, they cup it up into 4 pieces and scattered them across the Russian front. And supposedly, they kept his skull, with a bullet hole in it. I saw a picture of it, but who knows, may be it's was just some crazy gypsi....

bob

Kumba said:
It's possible that Hitler escaped to Argentina on one of those 3 U-boats that left Germany at the end of the war. I was watching this thing on the history channel that talked about that. Another show I watched said that when the Russians supposedly found Hitler's dead body, they cup it up into 4 pieces and scattered them across the Russian front. And supposedly, they kept his skull, with a bullet hole in it. I saw a picture of it, but who knows, may be it's was just some crazy gypsi....

Nah Hitler naver got away cos:

1. A body which had DNA and Dental records has been linked to Hitler.
2. All the people in the bunker have given a consistent story for the past 58 years.
3. No trace of Hitler (post 1945) has ever been found
4. By 1945 hitler was a man who was really insane, he still believed he could win.
5. Hitler could not live without power
6. Hitler was only being kept alive and sane through a coctail of drugs, he would not have survived long without a group of doctors.
7. No ex Nazis who escaped ever mentioned him living
8. Who were the people in the garden?; a double, then that double would have had to be undertaking the war effort in Berlin for months.
9. It is not in Hitlers nature to live anonymously
10. He would not have survived the long journey on the submarine, it nearly killed fit men and Hitler was mentally and physically sick.
11. The people on the U boat (a very confined space) would have noticed him, after 58 years something would have got out.

Kumba

Wow Bob, did you do a report on Hitler or something? And what's that stuff that you were saying about him being physically and mentally sick? I can understand the mental part (well, the part about him being a crazed madman), but I've never heard about his illness before. Enlighten me, please :confused:

bob

Kumba said:
Wow Bob, did you do a report on Hitler or something? And what's that stuff that you were saying about him being physically and mentally sick? I can understand the mental part (well, the part about him being a crazed madman), but I've never heard about his illness before. Enlighten me, please :confused:

It is thought that he may have had Parkinsons Disease i mean it wasnt that he was termianlly ill but in the mental and physical state he would have been in without the drugs would have meant that he would have been incapable of living any full life.

Hitler's mental state seemed like some sort of premature dementure caused in part by the drugs, stress and paranoia over the 1944 bomb plot.

VALIS

bob said:
It is thought that he may have had Parkinsons Disease i mean it wasnt that he was termianlly ill but in the mental and physical state he would have been in without the drugs would have meant that he would have been incapable of living any full life.

Hitler's mental state seemed like some sort of premature dementure caused in part by the drugs, stress and paranoia over the 1944 bomb plot. [/B]

Thought by whom? I grew up in Austria, and lived there until a few years ago, and I would think I would've heard that theory before now. The closest I've heard is that his service record from the German army showed that he had short term combat trauma.
I have heard the rumor that Hitler was shot in the bunker by the Soviets, and it was reported he committed suicide, so that he would appear a coward, and be less likely to serve as a martyr.

bob

VALIS said:
bob said:

Hitler's mental state seemed like some sort of premature dementure caused in part by the drugs, stress and paranoia over the 1944 bomb plot.

Thought by whom? I grew up in Austria, and lived there until a few years ago, and I would think I would've heard that theory before now. The closest I've heard is that his service record from the German army showed that he had short term combat trauma.
I have heard the rumor that Hitler was shot in the bunker by the Soviets, and it was reported he committed suicide, so that he would appear a coward, and be less likely to serve as a martyr. [/B]

I read it in the Ian Kershaw biography of Hitler

spohlso

It's also beginning to look as if he may have had syphilys as well. Although without a body to perform an autopsy on, that will have to remain in the realm of 'theory.'

VALIS

bob said:
I read it in the Ian Kershaw biography of Hitler [/B]

Didn't he also support the theory that a good number of the atrocities committed by the Third Reich were done by underlings trying to gain Hitler's favor?

Syphilis is an interesting theory as well, similar in effect to the Parkinson's theory, which seeks to explain his behavior by saying it was caused, at least in part, by a physical malady. Why aren't people satisfied with him being a lunatic?

bob

I thought that he was thought never to have ever had Sex with anyone, he never slept with his mistress of 13 years Eva Brun

Indy87

Man if Hitler was infront of me right now I would slice off ever little piece of his body without killing him
Burn him alive
Electrocute his balls
then slice it off

Then I would Slice off his Head!!!!!!!