Emperor's Tomb

Finn

Staff member
If I assume right, you're on the second level, right?
There is a ledge you can use to climb out. Just look around a little.

(Please mention the location and the level number in your post when you request help... so we don't have to guess.)

Tennessee R

Indyologist, Did you fall in, through a floor? If so, you have to swim all the way around to the other side, and there should be a block, then you jump, then jump again, then your up to the door.

Finn, I thought you only ran from one olmec head, and one boulder in IM?

Yes, VP, there was the boulder that blocks the origional entrance, but it stays stationary.

The hammer: yeah, when your good, you can complete the booby traps without a scratch, just like I can play the first level of Istanbul on hard, with only one can of water, and no medpacks.

Finn: Yes, I see nowhere in Chinese ledgend about the Pearl being buried with the Emperor, and having all kinds of mythical powers.

Indyologist

Finn said:
If I assume right, you're on the second level, right?
There is a ledge you can use to climb out. Just look around a little.

(Please associate the location and level number to your post when you request help... we don't have to guess.)

Yes, I found the ledge but the doors are above them and I can't seem to jump up to reach them.

Sorry about not telling you where I was. That WOULD have helped-- duh! :rolleyes:

Finn

Staff member
You don't play a lot of video games, do you?

Anyway, there should be some blocks you're able to climb to reach a switch... if we're still talking about the same place.

Tennessee R said:
Finn, I thought you only ran from one olmec head, and one boulder in IM?
There are two heads you need to flee from in the Olmec Valley. Also, there is a boulder coming at you in the Palawan Volcano (easily avoided) and three in the next level, one when you grab the Tiki key (though I still don't understand how Indy can stick that thing into his bag) and two with the trap over the lava pool. The fifth boulder in the game greets you in Peru. That's one cool sequence, even though I still don't get it why Indy can't just wait in the safety of the doorway until the boulder rolls again past him...

Indyologist

Actually, Finn, I've played (and have) nearly all of the Indy video games, even the gosh-awful Atari 2600 Raiders. Talk about a fedora being "blocked"-- that thing was actually square! My "Indy Quotient" after finishing FoA was actually pretty good, as well. When I was in middle/high school, I used to skip lunch and use my lunch money to go to the local arcade after school. I was hungry, but I had a lot of fun-- until my mom found out. To this day, I don't know how she caught on. So yes, Finny, I HAVE played a lot of video games.

Anyway, back to ET (Emperor's Tomb). I finally climbed up those blocks, swung across the water from the vine, and neatly dispatched the guy with the rifle. I'm still a little sore after that fight! But now I'm clueless as to where to go. A walkthrough guide I have says to go out on the balcony and make a small jump to the left. From there I'll find someplace to swing with my whip. Jump left into what? Thin air?! I try to do as much as I can by myself before I look at a strategy guide, but like all human beings, I'm flawed and I get stuck. I HATE getting stuck.

Finn

Staff member
Now that's odd. There should be something in plain sight. I can't give you a lot of advice, except, perhaps... have you tried the <i>other</i> left already?

Indyologist

So where in ET does Indy meet Yei Ming (sorry, name might be wrong)? Are there cool film clips that establish the exposition of the story? So far, I haven't seen any and I'm disappointed. I'm still working on getting out of Ceylon.

Indyologist

Finn said:
Now that's odd. There should be something in plain sight. I can't give you a lot of advice, except, perhaps... have you tried the <i>other</i> left already?

I'll give it a shot, Finn. The worst that could happen is that I get wet!

Katarn07

Mei Ying is introduced via cutscene after the Ceylon chapter.

Is that guide any help to you? Once you're out of the water, there's only one ledge you can really jump to.

Indyologist

Katarn07 said:
Mei Ying is introduced via cutscene after the Ceylon chapter.

Is that guide any help to you? Once you're out of the water, there's only one ledge you can really jump to.

Actually, I've swung across the water via the vine, dispatched the thug with the rifle and I'm standing on the balcony in the Ceylon part of the game. This is where I'm stuck.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Go to the left part of the balcony and look a bit down across the pool. Then you'll see it. If you don't, just jump across the pool from the left part of the balcony. Then jump and whip.

Katarn07

Ahhhhh....

I thought the floor crumbled beneath you're feet. That comes later I guess.

VP's suggestion is right.

Indyologist

I shot my first baddie (bad guy) in ET last night-- and I also punched my first baddie in the crotch! Hiliarous! I loved that funny squeaky yell they let out!

Indyologist

whipem816 said:
Just try not to let punching guys in the crotch become a habit!;)

Heck Whipem, I don't even really know how I did it! Next, I'm looking forward to picking up a guy and hauling their sorry a-s over a balcony! Pummelling a few bad boys with a table leg would be satisfying, too. I haven't been able to do that yet, though. Using a shovel to bash a few heads was fun, though.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
What level are you on now, Indyologist? You'll not get any table legs until Prague.

Indyologist

VP said:
What level are you on now, Indyologist? You'll not get any table legs until Prague.

Because I can only play ET a hour or so at a time, I'm still in Ceylon, VP. As you said, no table legs yet. That shovel sure came in handy, though. The farthest I've gotten so far was to where I bait the 'gators with the skulls and I'm trying to make it to the entrance of the temple. Dang, those crocs are persistant. Makes me wish I had grenades instead of skulls to chuck by them!
Last night I grabbed an ivory hunter for the first time and I beat the daylights out of him. Ahhh, how satisfying!

Katarn07

The manual should cover the combos.... I played through my first time from a video store copy and I figured it out on my own. Depending on the direction of the thumbstick and which buttons you press, you'll pull off different punchs, grabs, and combos. I can knee a guy in the crotch by instinct. I don't even know what buttons I press, it just comes to me.

Ceylon was really a fun level for you to just mess around in and learn the different combat techniques. Later in the game, different combos prove to be more useful since single blows to a guy knock him out slower and if you're surrounded by bad guys, dispatching them quickly is essential.

Katarn07

They can do that to you too! Be careful, especially later when you get to the parts were there are no railings. The MP-40 is your friend in spots like that.