Lost Indy Wave at Comic-Con 2011

Lance Quazar

Montana Smith said:

I think he was talking about Hasbro's "Temple of Doom" action figure wave.

They didn't make it to traditional retail outlets (like Toys R Us or big box stores), but there were plenty of stories about them showing up in weird local markets.

They were widely available online (entertainment earth, for example). I got mine through Indianajonesshop.com (aka starwarsshop.com).

And, of course, they are now WIDELY available on ebay. And the prices seem fairly reasonable.

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
I think he was talking about Hasbro's "Temple of Doom" action figure wave.

I guessed that - they're further down the page in the link.

Lance Quazar said:
They didn't make it to traditional retail outlets (like Toys R Us or big box stores), but there were plenty of stories about them showing up in weird local markets.

They were widely available online (entertainment earth, for example). I got mine through Indianajonesshop.com (aka starwarsshop.com).

And, of course, they are now WIDELY available on ebay. And the prices seem fairly reasonable.

I wasn't really paying attention to the figures when they came out, so the first time I saw half of the TOD wave was when they were on sellout special offer. I then had to get Mola Ram, Willie and the Thuggee Guard online. Those three seemed to be more scarce.

FETT1

Any Update (price / Official Pictures)please Post

..Just wondering if there has been been a price listed yet???..Plus a OFFICIAL SDCC PICTURE of the set?

...NO IDEA if this has been posted ...

thxs :D

JAS

WillKill4Food

FETT1 said:
..Just wondering if there has been been a price listed yet???..Plus a OFFICIAL SDCC PICTURE of the set?

...NO IDEA if this has been posted ...
OFFICIAL PIC but no price. To find out what's been posted try reading the last few pages of this thread.

Thx :rolleyes:
Will

inky_skin

There have been no official pictures of the set. Stephen Hayford, although a "tame" customiser employed by Lucasfilm, shared images of the loose figures he acquired as part of his gig. While I can confirm that they match the prototype set in my possession, they do not necessarily represent what will be available at SDCC (what's the old line..."actual product may vary"?). I'm still suspicious of the "ultimate Indy" figure. Its appearance contradicts what's been said via Hasbro channels, and Shayford is a customiser after all. Until shots come Hasbro directly, take everything seen in this thread with a pinch of salt...

...oh, and can we please tone down the font ? It's making my eyes bleed like Tohts...:dead:

EDIT: Been thinking about the "1 shoe" issue with Marion. Time to start grabbing those peg-warming Yarna figures from the Star Wars line...

Nurhachi1991

Remember when Comic Con wasn't mainstream and actual fan's of comic books and movies were able to purchase a ticket with ease? Now it's a bunch of stupid hipsters and all that jazz

Billy Ray

I get the feeling that you aren't a big fan of Comic Con...;)

As long as it allows us to get our hands on the "Lost Wave", I thoroughly LOVE Comic Con!

Billy Ray

inky_skin said:
EDIT: Been thinking about the "1 shoe" issue with Marion. Time to start grabbing those peg-warming Yarna figures from the Star Wars line...

Hmm...or you could go the other route. Polly Pockets come with millions of tiny shoe just about the right size.

What?! I have a 9 yr old daughter ;)

inky_skin

Billy Ray said:
Hmm...or you could go the other route. Polly Pockets come with millions of tiny shoe just about the right size.

What?! I have a 9 yr old daughter ;)

Outstanding idea Billy Ray. As a father of two young girls, I'd never considered the fodder possibilities of raiding their toy boxes...until now !

Lance Quazar

Billy Ray said:
As long as it allows us to get our hands on the "Lost Wave", I thoroughly LOVE Comic Con!

Damn straight! I'm going to Comic Con JUST to get these figures!

But I didn't know they had jazz, maybe I'll check that out, too.

Lance Quazar

inky_skin said:

Surely you're not suggesting that the feet from the, ahem, "plus-sized" Yarna could possibly be compatible with delicate little Marion?

The problem here is that her ankles and knees don't line up so her differently-heighted feet both are at the same level.

For Marion customs, it may be necessary to find a completely different pelvis and legs combo....

I'm of two minds on the "one shoe" thing. I think it's an absolutely adorable detail, but I was never a fan of overly scene-specific figures and, yeah, it seriously curtails customizing potential.

She is now the MOST scene (heck, MOMENT) specific figure Hasbro ever made.

Lance Quazar

inky_skin said:
they do not necessarily represent what will be available at SDCC (what's the old line..."actual product may vary"?). I'm still suspicious of the "ultimate Indy" figure. Its appearance contradicts what's been said via Hasbro channels, and Shayford is a customiser after all.

Shayford received the figures only recently, I cannot imagine that there is still (or was still) work done on them after he got 'em.

Nor can I imagine that Shayford would have modified the figures in any way before posting them.

As much as I would like to believe there is a new and secret Indy headsculpt that we haven't seen, I just can't fathom a scenario where that is plausible.

Alas...