Why does everyone hate Temple Of Doom?

Montana Smith

Henry W Jones said:
Agreed, but would you do the same?

I'd shoot the lot of them, just to be sure.

You know, it bugs me in films when a 'good guy' lets a 'bad guy' live. You see it in westerns, and you just know that a character isn't going to be safe while another is still alive.

In ROTLA Indy does exactly what's necessary. It's both practical and necessary from his personal point of view. And made possible by the period and the location.

Henry W Jones

Montana Smith said:
I'd shoot the lot of them, just to be sure.

You know, it bugs me in films when a 'good guy' lets a 'bad guy' live. You see it in westerns, and you just know that a character isn't going to be safe while another is still alive.

In ROTLA Indy does exactly what's necessary. It's both practical and necessary from his personal point of view. And made possible by the period and the location.

So you prefer fixed odds just like us Americans!!!(y) :gun:

Another reason to dislike Temple of Doom...

Fourth Indiana Jones 'was retraction of apology for second Indiana Jones'

INDIANA Jones and the Last Crusade was an apology for the second Indiana Jones and the fourth film was the withdrawal of that apology, Steven Spielberg has revealed.

The director felt it was necessary to say sorry to fans for Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, but then 20 years later thought, ?f-ck that, I?m Steven Spielberg?.

He added: ?By then I?d made Schindler?s List and realised that I could never have been wrong about anything, but I had to find a way of making sure everyone knew just how much I regretted my first apology.

?At the premiere of Crystal Skull I just kept saying to myself, ?who?s sorry now, you f-ckers?.?

Because it's racist?

look_2.gif

Last edited: