do you guys get annoyed when........

Nurhachi1991

its almost time for the movie to come out and all the fair weather fans are starting to talk about indy? like at school today someone asked me for the 100th time when the movie was coming out than they said raiders was their favorite of the movies cause the little chinese kid was funny. I just looked at them and walked away

crowmagnumman

They're not the ones that spend hundreds of bucks of their hard-earned money on Indy gear, memorabilia, games, and books. Yeah, they bug me.

The_Raiders

Sickening... just sickening. All the time I asked people if they know what happens in May and they always just look at me waiting for an answer, then I tell the Indy 4 is coming out on the 22 and they're always like "ok" that's it, nothing else. My friend said she was talking to someone who said they were like a big Indy fan and they only saw RAIDERS one time!!! (remember that)

Nurhachi1991

I know me to the only people i dont mind getting exited for the new movie are kids because hopefully they will be die hard indy fans as they get older that how it was for me as a little kid

Nurhachi1991

The_Raiders said:
Sickening... just sickening. All the time I asked people if they know what happens in May and they always just look at me waiting for an answer, then I tell the Indy 4 is coming out on the 22 and they're always like "ok" that's it, nothing else. My friend said she was talking to someone who said they were like a big Indy fan and they only saw RAIDERS one time!!! (remember that)

ONE TIME!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?

dude how is that possible

The_Raiders

Nurhachi1991 said:
ONE TIME!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?

dude how is that possible

Yeah! My friend said said the person said they'd seen ROTLA one time, and were calling themselves a fan. :dead:

|ZiR|

I don't. It's what happens.

The franchise has essentionally been in hibernation for the most part since LC; excluding the various novels/comics and video games, which the casual Indy fan probably wouldn't go out of his way to find. Only the *real* Indy fans were still actively pursuing IJ, I think.

Heck, I probably count as a fair weather fan, seeing as it was the announcement of KotCS that caused me to rewatch the films and discover again how awesome they are.

Nurhachi1991

The_Raiders said:
Yeah! My friend said said the person said they'd seen ROTLA one time, and were calling themselves a fan. :dead:

........................................... im not even gonna comment lol

sunshinestate1992

Some of u are so self righteous don?t act like someone?s an idiot because they haven?t seen the movie or get them mixed them up. I think you guys are just mad that you liked it all along and no one knows and gets swept up in the movie. I mean if you like something and everyone likes it after you have no need to get irritated just be happy they like it...Aww someone likes the movie I liked all along and no one knows that I did. They are stupid im just going to walk away shame on them. I know what I want to say but cant find the right words too choose. Get over the fact they are wrong and all of us are experts on a movie and they aren?t so they should be branded stupid.

This has bothered me before though don?t joke about my spelling I cant type very welll

The_Raiders said:

Sickening?

That other people don't spend their time obsessed with a damned movie?

We're the creeps, folks. Best get used to it.

metalinvader

Well said,salussolia.:hat:

Seriously,Who gives a rat's ass if someone is a die hard fan or not.That would be calling people on this board bandwagoners just because they have recently discovered the movies a few months ago or just got the DVD set for Christmas (Some who have posted in this thread)...

Nurhachi1991

dude i dont care if they liked it im happy for them everyone should enjot indy

but im gonna get annoyed if people who barley know the character start talking about it like they know it like people saying there was a boulder chase in tod and im getting pissed when people see one of my indy shirts saying " your just wearing that because of the new movie" It makes me want to punch them in the face lol

metalinvader said:
Well said,salussolia.:hat:

Seriously,Who gives a rat's ass if someone is a die hard fan or not.That would be calling people on this board bandwagoners just because they have recently discovered the movies a few months ago or just got the DVD set for Christmas (Some who have posted in this thread)...

Amen.

...the only thing that worries me is the inevitable flood of kids this board will see... :p

metalinvader

ResidentAlien said:
...the only thing that worries me is the inevitable flood of kids this board will see... :p

Dude,Just imagine what the boards on the OS will be like when they open up.It's going to look like a day care.:eek:

Nurhachi1991

well its like sports fans for example i used to be a raiders fan but i became a steelers fan the year they won the superbowl i was a fan of them way before the playoffs but after they one people had no problem telling me i was a stupid bandwaganer and i diddnt follow them for as long as they did and blah blah blah...... im the same way with indy

sunshinestate1992

Nurhachi1991 said:
well its like sports fans for example i used to be a raiders fan but i became a steelers fan the year they won the superbowl i was a fan of them way before the playoffs but after they one people had no problem telling me i was a stupid bandwaganer and i diddnt follow them for as long as they did and blah blah blah...... im the same way with indy
me too about indy but i not anymore none of my frends like any of the stuff i do

we all have different interests

Perhaps the regular Raveners like myself are classed as abnormal by the 'less enthusiastic' fans. I try to control and water down my Indy mania by regularly visiting other boards as frequently - boards such as sock-knitting.net
and wonderful-papier-mache.com. I try to regulate my Indy obsession and mix it with other fascinations to become more normal. It's healthy to see a movie once. They can still be classed as fans. Fan doesn't mean obsessive.