Legend Quest

Billy Ray

Just wondering if anyone had watched the program Legend Quest on SyFy? I finally watched the last episode, dealing with the Holy Grail, the other day. It's pretty much your typical SyFy fare, but I did find some of it interesting at times, mainly the history of the artifacts themselves more that the actual "hunt" for them. A lot of these have appeared in the Indy-verse or been mentioned as possible Macguffins (other than the obivious Ark and Grail).

Anyway, just wondering what anyone else thought of the show? I found some of the leaps in logic pretty amusing, and they never really find anything of course...well, they made a rather convincing argument for the Stone of Destiny. I don't want to spoil anything, but I found the theorized location of the Grail, in the last epsiode, to be amusing as well.

It seems as if this guy isn't sure whether he is Indiana Jones, Robert Langdon, or Ben Gates...or maybe all of them rolled into one. I found it entertaining at least, if not terribly believable.

Apologies if this topic has already been posted elsewhere, I searched high and low and couldn't find any threads on this.

Stoo

Billy Ray said:
they made a rather convincing argument for the Stone of Destiny.
Billy Ray, do you mean the Stone of Destiny or the Spear of Destiny? The reason I ask is because the stone isn't a lost/legendary artifact.

Haven't seen the show but would watch it if I could. Sounds similar to "Digging for the Truth" (which was also both interesting and laughable at the same time).

Billy Ray

No, I meant "Stone of Destiny"...or "Stone of Scone"...or "Coronation Stone"...though they also cover the "Holy Lance" (Spear of Destiny) in another episode.

Here's a link to the Wikipedia Article

I know it isn't "lost", but in the episode they purport that the existing stone is a fake.

RedeemedChild

Stoo said:
Billy Ray, do you mean the Stone of Destiny or the Spear of Destiny? The reason I ask is because the stone isn't a lost/legendary artifact.

Haven't seen the show but would watch it if I could. Sounds similar to "Digging for the Truth" (which was also both interesting and laughable at the same time).

It's nice to see that there are others beside myself who enjoyed watching Josh Bernstein in Digging for the Truth.

@Billy Ray, that Stone of Scone is indeed a fake according to all the reading and research that I've done. The real Stone has been hidden and according to many documentaries that I've viewed it is widely believed that Roerich, H.A. Wallace, F.D.R. and the figureheads of England have hidden it away in some secret temple or shrine of Masonry.

Stoo

Billy Ray said:
No, I meant "Stone of Destiny"...or "Stone of Scone"...or "Coronation Stone"...though they also cover the "Holy Lance" (Spear of Destiny) in another episode.

Here's a link to the Wikipedia Article

I know it isn't "lost", but in the episode they purport that the existing stone is a fake.
Interesting, Billy Ray. So I suppose the Stone of Destiny that I saw at Edinburgh Castle in Scotland is not the real McKoy?:( (Will have to check to see if "Legend Quest" is airing in Canada because I can watch my home TV on the computer over here in Switzerland using the Slingbox device that we bought.(y))
RedeemedChild said:
It's nice to see that there are others beside myself who enjoyed watching Josh Bernstein in Digging for the Truth.
RedeemedChild, please note: "Digging for the Truth" was O.K. but I DID NOT ENJOY watching Josh Berstein! I know that he is who inspired you to get into Indiana Jones but he was very annoying (to put it politely) on the show.:sick:

RedeemedChild

Stoo said:
Interesting, Billy Ray. So I suppose the Stone of Destiny that I saw at Edinburgh Castle in Scotland is not the real McKoy?:( (Will have to check to see if "Legend Quest" is airing in Canada because I can watch my home TV on the computer over here in Switzerland using the Slingbox device that we bought.(y))
RedeemedChild, please note: "Digging for the Truth" was O.K. but I DID NOT ENJOY watching Josh Berstein! I know that he is who inspired you to get into Indiana Jones but he was very annoying (to put it politely) on the show.:sick:

Pointed noted!

BTW I'm glad to see someone who actually owns a Slingbox as so many people have been talking about it. I guess I shall finally have to take a look at getting one.

Stoo

Billy Ray said:
It seems as if this guy isn't sure whether he is Indiana Jones, Robert Langdon, or Ben Gates...or maybe all of them rolled into one.
Does he wear a hat?:confused:
RedeemedChild said:
BTW I'm glad to see someone who actually owns a Slingbox as so many people have been talking about it. I guess I shall finally have to take a look at getting one.
Child, you are a home-body so don't buy one. Owning a Slingbox is pointless if you don't travel.

RedeemedChild

Stoo said:
Does he wear a hat?:confused:
Child, you are a home-body so don't buy one. Owning a Slingbox is pointless if you don't travel.

Woah, that wasn't cool Stoo. I do travel, actually I travel a lot. And next year I'll be visiting Japan and Hawaii.

Stoo

RedeemedChild said:
I do travel, actually I travel a lot. And next year I'll be visiting Japan and Hawaii.
"Next year" is 2012. Your visit to Japan was announced back in 2009.:rolleyes: (Buy a Slingbox if it makes you happy!)

I say, "home-body", because you certainly DIDN'T TRAVEL to your LOCAL MOVIE THEATRE to see "Crystal Skull".:gun:

---
Regarding "Legend Quest": I read that one of the episodes deals with an Incan Golden Sun Disc. This is right in line with "Secret of the Incas"!(y)

RedeemedChild

Stoo said:
"Next year" is 2012. Your visit to Japan was announced back in 2009.:rolleyes: (Buy a Slingbox if it makes you happy!)

---
Regarding "Legend Quest": I read that one of the episodes deals with an Incan Golden Sun Disc. This is right in line with "Secret of the Incas"!(y)

Ya, well things happen. It's a long story as to why I didn't go to Japan in 2009 but I'tell you that much later.

BTW, I really am excited about that LegendQuest Golden Sun Disc thing. I'll have to check out that episode.

Stoo

RedeemedChild said:
BTW, I really am excited about that LegendQuest Golden Sun Disc thing. I'll have to check out that episode.
That episode aired on 27 July, 2011 so you can check it out on 27 December, 2012! (17 months later...like you did with "Crystal Skull"!):p

RedeemedChild

Stoo said:
That episode aired on 27 July, 2011 so you can check it out on 27 December, 2012! (17 months later...like you did with "Crystal Skull"!):p

Hahaha thanks. I think I'll download it off of iTunes then. ;)

Stoo

RedeemedChild said:
Hahaha thanks. I think I'll download it off of iTunes then. ;)
You're welcome, Child, but you should wait another 55 weeks before you do.:p