12" indy and base WIP

hemble

Hi All

Been busy doing 5 new 7" figures for a show called CustomCon 19 it's a pretend toy fair show where customizers show of there work.

CustomCon 19 doesn't start till April 7 to 11, 2008 so I can't show any indy customs till then I've added a link to let you see what the first 18 CustomCon had to offer, but in the mean time I have a WIP of a 12" indy and base LMK what you think.
http://www.joeacevedo.com/docs/customzone/customcon/customconmain.htm

Picture001-1.jpg

Picture006-1.jpg

Ron

hemble

Hi All

barranca
Looks good so far, Take it thats lonnie's latest head and what looks like the airfix 1/6 skeleton kit?

Correct on both counts, I had that 1/6 skeleton for years and finally figured out what to use it for (well the top half any way):)

deckard24
More astonishing work Hemble!
Could that be Forrestal laying on the ground? LOL
What brand is the 12'' Indy?

Glad you like it so far, the body is a DML(DRAGON) the hands are BBI and the cloths are from the relic hunter figure and the head and hat are from here.
http://www.h2creative.com/HHOF.pdf

Ron

Mike Dowswell

Great start Ron! :)

Really loving the skeleton...looking forawrd to more updates!...I've got another skeleton one on its way soon also. :)

hemble

Hi All

The base is finally finished, the stones were first painted with matt black and then drybrushed with browns, Tans and finally a light drybrush of off white.

The skeleton was painted matt black and then drybrushed with khaki, light brown, off white and then bleached bone.
The top was ripped and was given a wash of diluted white glue and then drybrushed ligt tan.
The spears are skewer stick soaked in diluted brown paint.

The vines are fishtank plants and the under growth is moss from a craft store and the snake is rubber, the tank plants and snake were given light drybrushes to get the desired affect.

Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Ron

Mike Dowswell

This is great Ron!...incredible, you've done the detail extreamly well on it all, love the skeleton and his clothing, all the stone work and moss is superb, and love the snake there!...wonderful touch...hehe :D

deckard24

Ron, your work is awesome man!:hat:

I'm as always really impressed! Maybe you could start a video tutorial series on customizing and model making, I know I'd buy one!

I'm looking forward to see what comes next!

Katarn07

I've seen some great WWII dioramas using the stuff you did this with. GREAT work. The skeleton makes the whole display for me. Love it. Want it. lol

Mike Dowswell

deckard24 said:
I'm as always really impressed! Maybe you could start a video tutorial series on customizing and model making, I know I'd buy one!

I?m not 100% sure on this...but I think you can get moss to grow on stone slabs outside if you put yogurt on it...though Rons stones look like they?re polystyrene. I don?t know mind how that would work. I?m very interested to know how you do your moss too Ron.

hemble

Hi All

Little Indy - Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Mike Dowswell - Cheers buddy always good to hear from you and glad you liked it, as for the moss I belive it's also called lichen moss, I just buy it from a craft store or hobby shop and grind small amounts in my hand. Once it's gound up I dabb PVA glue where I want it and sprinkle it over the glue.

deckard24 - Thanks for the kind words I really appreciate it, as for a tutorials I have done alot for my Star Wars diorama's in the way of pictures and write ups, here's a link to what they look like
http://www.mousedroid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3054
http://www.mousedroid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3066
and if people are interested I'll be more then happy to do it here for most of my indy customs.

Katarn07 - Glad you like the dio and thanks for the kind words.

metalinvader - Thank you for the reply and I wasn't to sure about the shirt until I actually completed the dio, but once the cloth dried and settled I was 100% happy with the result.

Ron

hemble

Hi All

Mike Dowswell wrote
Hi Ron,

Thanks for the info on the moss, much appreciated and always looking forward to seeing more stuff.

Mate very very sorry for this late reply I din't even see it in mt emails. And gald I could help out with the moss.

Short Rounded wrote
I kind of think the skeleton looked better unpainted and unclothed.

Thanks for the reply mate, Maybe unclothed but he was way to white before.

Ron