Scandal of 1920

Junior Jones

I think you mean Scandal of 1920, which is set at a Broadway show in New York. There were a lot of songs in that episode, so I'm not sure which one you're asking about.

I would guess you looking for "The Man I Love," which was written by George Gershwin (as were all the other Broadway songs performed in the episode). It's a great song, but it's the only one from the episode not on the soundtrack CD.

EdZenon

Yes, sorry that's the episode I meant :)

Thanks Junior-Jones, that's most likely the song I'm looking for. Shame it's not on the cd, but I guess there must be another version around somewhere.

cheers

Ed

Matinee Idyll

Haven't seen the whole thing in many years, but I do remember loving it. Indys 3 way romance was deftly handled, I loved the final revelation as the three women sit infront of the mirror - each one noticing their gifts in the posession of one of the others! Great scene.

Gershwin is one of my favourite songwriters and composers of the 20th Century, and the version of 'The Man I Love' in this episode is possibly the best I've ever heard. That alone makes this one of my favourite Young Indy episodes.

4 1/2 fedoras out of 5 fer me.

Junior Jones

I love this one, too. There's nothing funnier than a three-timing Cassanova. (y)

Scandal of 1920 is one of the episodes that got included in the Chronicles soundtracks, but I was and still am very disappointed that The Man I Love was not included.

Also enjoyed the cameo with Ernest Hemingway shushing Indy's critic friends in the audience.

Flannery10

Haven't seen this one yet, but I will get so see it next year when I buy the DVD set. I know it's not the original with the George Hall bookends, which seem to be hillarious from what I read about them on an exact description.

There seem to be almost a dozen historical people in there and like you said already, a three-dating Indy must be real fun. So, I'm looking forward to see it.

Matinee Idyll

I could upload the final bookend for you if you'd like... I found the end of the episode on an old tape of mine, from the final rehearsals to the end...

Flannery10

There seems to be quiet an interest in that episode. I haven't seen any of Indys later adventures (Starting with Winds of Change) and I'm looking forward to see those 4.

Is there any action in Scandal of 1920? Don't get me wrong, I'm not that kind of person, who doesn't like Young Indy because of the lacking action. In fact, I like it and appreciate the different kind of ways the episodes were made. But still, some of them had quiet a lot of fights in them, including Phantom Train of Doom and Treasure of the Peacock's Eye. Is there any of those in there or is this one of those episodes that's based on humor and education?

Marty McFly

Does anyone know the name of the actress that played Peggy? I kind of liked her and she had a pretty nice singing voice.

Stoo

Someone named Jennifer Stevens. Her name is in the end credits.
Peggy is my favourite of the three New York girls.

(Cool that you didn't start a new thread for this question, McFly!:cool:)

Marty McFly

Stoo said:
Someone named Jennifer Stevens. Her name is in the end credits.
Peggy is my favourite of the three New York girls.

(Cool that you didn't start a new thread for this question, McFly!:cool:)

Yeah, she was my favourite of the three too. She just seemed like such a sweet girl.:eek:

Joosse

Just saw Scandal of 1920 for the first time...

And I can just kick myself for not recognising 'The man I love' earlier on... ;)

Fun episode.

I can once again really relate to Indy in this one.

I've worked as a stage hand many times, and there was this one production where I had a major crush on one of the actresses. So one day I sent her a note, copying the director's handwriting, telling her to come to the production office that evening.

When she arrived later that night, I was there with a ring and everything, because I wanted to ask her to be my girl. But when she saw me with the ring, she ran away, crying...:(

So I figured, forget about it. Bad move. And eventually ended up dating another girl from the production.

It wasn't untill years later that I found out that a girl in the costume department, who was the actresses best friend, also had feelings for me, as well as the actress herself. So when she saw me like that, she really wanted to rush in and kiss me, but she knew it would break the heart of her best friend...

And all the time I just thought she was being a (censored).. :eek:

Just shows how wrong you can be about people...

Oh well, anyway, seeing Scandal of 1920 reminded me very much of this....

phantom train

Yes, Scandal of 1920 was a great episode, and really worked out well on the DVD set since it was initially intended (and shown) as a 2-hour tele-film back in 1993. I remember seeing it when it first came out and really enjoying this. Not only was it a great episode in and of itself, but was one of the few where we saw Indy when he came back to the U.S. after fighting in WW I overseas. Also, Scandal of 1920 was incredibly well edited (much of the reason the editing stands out is that, unlike other tele-films on the DVD sets, this wasn't cobbled together from two episodes that were originally aired separately).

indyclone25

the scandals of the 1920's was probably my most favorite episode of the series. the music was just woderfully adapted and the women , very lovely, i think it was anne heches very first roles. the re wasnt action it but the story was more in line with a old mgm style musical, i have the soundtrack for the scandals and it is simply wonderful music !like i said my most favorite episode of the series.

AnnieJones

Young Indiana Jones preview
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UX9wpUqoeWo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UX9wpUqoeWo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

George Gershwin - The Man I Love
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DBl_qf9AXWM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DBl_qf9AXWM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles - Part 7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9FbjZOdzhI&feature=channel_page

Last edited: